What's on your mind?

Apoc

4 minutes ago, markm said:

Drinking a stout with my headphones listening to Messa and following this discussion of random Aussie time zones is like comprehending Chinese characters to me. We humans will buy into literally any arcane system and will believe virtually anything when enculturated as children. And we claim to be the most intelligent mammal on the planet. I think the pets I've had the pleasure of sharing my life with have more innate natural intelligence than the entire homo sapien species. 

So I got to attend a high level meeting (statewide executive) for the first time to backfill some one.

Man talk about a waste of 2 hours.  

It was all just sycophantic back patting and rambling fluff with no substance, no decision making, no actions set).  It was all so disconnected from the service we deliver and none of it had much to do with anything.

The one time a major problem was mentioned the head of the service apologised to the doctor who raised it and then shut me down after I started to say the problem's been around for 3-4 years now with no improvement.

Little wonder the west is slowly going to shit with "leaders" like this!

9 minutes ago, Dead1 said:

So I got to attend a high level meeting (statewide executive) for the first time to backfill some one.

Man talk about a waste of 2 hours.  

It was all just sycophantic back patting and rambling fluff with no substance, no decision making, no actions set).  It was all so disconnected from the service were deliver and none of it had much to do with anything.

The one time a major problem was mentioned the head of the service apologised to the doctor who raised it and then shut me down after I started to say the problem's been around for 3-4 years now with no improvement.

Little wonder the west is slowly going to shit with "leaders" like this!

wHMKMed.jpeg

14 hours ago, Dead1 said:

It's funny cause it's true.

It certainly puts a whole new spin on the concept of synergy.

Yeah most meetings are pointless. I hate the ones where they pull everyone in just to discuss some minor change that's simple to understand, but then they keep going over it for half an hour or better. Shit's lame.

24 minutes ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

12th man never got so much applause, and SA took out our first win. I’m expecting to carry drinks again tomorrow but if we keep playing well don’t really mindI can't believe how quickly this week has gone by. I’m also pinching myself over taking a wicket on debut for SA. 

I don't know what any of this means, but congratulations, I think.

1 hour ago, FatherAlabaster said:

I don't know what any of this means, but congratulations, I think.

Cricket talk.

SA = South Australia

12th man - reserve in cricket

Taking a wicket - getting a batsman out.  

I could be wrong as I don't actually like cricket (or any sport save war).

That about sums it up.

RO is still in Brisvegas playing blind cricket, which for you Yanks doesn't mean he's dressed up like a little insect with a mask on running around Brisvegas taking bat carrying men out on dates, it's a game played on an oval with two teams each trying to smack each others balls the hardest and for the longest.

Of course RO could still be taking men out in his insect costume, but that's a different kind of sport

30 minutes ago, AlSymerz said:

Of course RO could still be taking men out in his insect costume, but that's a different kind of sport

The kind of sport that in Sydney would require a trip to Kings Cross and a wallet full of cash (though they might accept EFTPOS in this enlightened age).   

I love the Cross, I remember one night in Kings Cross we watched a guy hiding behind a raised garden bed talking into what appeared to be a hand held radio. Turned out he was an under cover cop talking to his team about a drug bust that was going down and how he was following the suspect through the streets waiting for a good chance to take him down. Actually it turned out the guy was a drunk and talking to his wallet, but we wished him well anyway.

In other news I went to play Death Stranding - a video game that was made by Hideo Kojma of Metal Gear Solid fame and starring one Norman Reedus (Daryl on Walking Dead).  It's meant to be a post apocalyptic open world game (ie you can roam around and do missions your own way and interact with the world.  Sounds great!

Except all you fucking do is walk.  Literally the player has walk and deliver goods (or dead bodies) from one place to another. 

All you do is walk.  Occasionally you get a bit unbalanced and have to correct your self.

THAT IS IT.

The plot was nonsensical and assumed you had played this game before.  The controls and interfaces are clunky and the world is empty and devoid of anything save the odd river and mossy hills.  Even the city had no people or interactions and was dead.

Without a doubt the WORST FUCKING VIDEO GAME EVER. 

Worst $7.10 I have ever spent!

6 hours ago, Dead1 said:

Death Stranding....It's meant to be a post apocalyptic open world game (ie you can roam around and do missions your own way and interact with the world.  Sounds great!

Except all you fucking do is walk.  Literally the player has walk and deliver goods (or dead bodies) from one place to another. 

All you do is walk.  Occasionally you get a bit unbalanced and have to correct your self.

THAT IS IT.

Are there weapons? Can't you have your player find a weapon with which to blow his own brains out? He could stop walking then at least and just lie there for awhile and see if any scavengers come to pick his bones clean.

7 hours ago, Dead1 said:

Cricket talk.

SA = South Australia

12th man - reserve in cricket

Taking a wicket - getting a batsman out.  

I could be wrong as I don't actually like cricket (or any sport save war).

How would you feel about cricket if they were bowling live grenades instead of balls? Getting stumped out with a live grenade could be quite exhilarating.

16 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Are there weapons? Can't you have your player find a weapon with which to blow his own brains out? He could stop walking then at least and just lie there for awhile and see if any scavengers come to pick his bones clean.

How would you feel about cricket if they were bowling live grenades instead of balls? Getting stumped out with a live grenade could be quite exhilarating.

Never encountered any scavengers or any guns.  Literally just walking.

I have always thought cricket should be played with live grenades.  Also when the batsman hits the ball and goes to run , trap doors should open near the pitch with thugs jumping out ready to clobber him.

The batsman would have to fight their way through the goons to the other side to score runs.

Things are simply better with more violence.  It's what made UFC great initially until they toned down and made it boring.  

Just when I thought government couldn't get any more absurdly stupid:

Australian commonwealth government gave the Royal Flying Doctor Service funding for a Smoking Cessation program.

This means they gave a FLYING AMBULANCE SERVICE money to run an ADDICTION RECOVERY SERVICE.

Lo and behold the Flying Doctors couldn't deliver the service and are now rerouting it to the State government's addiction specialty service!