• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RelentlessOblivion

• FatherAlabaster

• deathstorm

• BlutAusNerd

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went to an award ceremony honoring all the students in our school district who scored distinguished on state testing in @ least one of three subjects Math, Reading & Science. My son James, he's

I Passed my driving test today! Was more nervous than last time but I think that might have helped more than anything, so happy!!

Wow, had a great couple of days with my GF, and we've decided to get engaged soon. We know right now we shouldn't get engaged yet because we've haven't been together long enough, so we aren't official

Posted Images

A rare dump of thought from me is why at just before midnight am I sat on my bed next to my sleeping wife after saying i fancied a quiet drink and some tunes... with an empty bottle of bourbon and a deep regret for my choices in life! ūüĖēūüŹĽ

48 minutes ago, Fraser said:

A rare dump of thought from me is why at just before midnight am I sat on my bed next to my sleeping wife after saying i fancied a quiet drink and some tunes... with an empty bottle of bourbon and a deep regret for my choices in life! ūüĖēūüŹĽ

Bourbon will do that to me, too. And yet for some reason I still love the stuff.

1 hour ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

Three weeks, two assignments, and I'll be done with uni for the year. Just can't wait to have a life again...

Good luck man, congrats on sticking with it. Nice to see you around.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Fraser said:

My Birthday is the 5th. What a joke eh. Hard not to feel hard done by but the lockdown is needed 

I'm sure FA here shares a birthdate with you. Happy upcoming birthday and ikr, sucks. It's made me so paranoid. What happens after this lockdown though?  I suppose this is how life is now going to be..

Happy Year Older Thingy to anyone trying to catch me up in the immortality stakes.

I think we are finally seeing a bit of realism in the UK and an acknowledgement that Spring 2021 is likely to be the earliest point in time that we see a return to some sense of normality.  Without a vaccine there's a huge challenge still but I believe if everyone follows the rules and stays safe then we stand a much better chance of not crippling the health service.  I think that is the important distinction, no one is saying a lockdown will cure the virus and whilst it will most definitely control it's spread it will still mean local measures post-lockdown.  The point of the lockdown is to stop a national health service crisis (one that I believe it would not recover from for a number of years).

28 minutes ago, Fraser said:

My Birthday is the 5th. What a joke eh. Hard not to feel hard done by but the lockdown is needed 

11 minutes ago, Natassja said:

I'm sure FA here shares a birthdate with you. Happy upcoming birthday and ikr, sucks. It's made me so paranoid. What happens after this lockdown though?  I suppose this is how life is now going to be..

Right you are Nat :)

We're not in a lockdown right now, but schools are all closed to in-person learning, nobody wants to have any social gatherings (I sure fucking don't), and there isn't "anything" to "do". Most of the time it's ok, but when I start feeling isolated there's no good remedy. It's a struggle to stay motivated to do anything productive right now. Walks in the woods are a real help. 

I'm looking at 41 with a good amount of skepticism. I haven't gotten to do much for my birthdays in recent years but this one will take "not much" to a new level. It's hard not to feel a bit bitter about that. But, chin up, and keep some good beer in the fridge!

Thank you all and Happy Birthday for the 5th FA, i like to say it always goes off with a bang ūüéáūüėČ but will be a quiet one this year

had nothing planned for my Bday anyway apart from 2 days off work and kids were going to be babysat on the 6th so me and the wife could get a good drink and listen to some music at a decent volume. Just felt shit that it had to be the 5th the lockdown started again officially. But I agree it is needed so needs must!  

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

Man white background sure sucks for me, also done with uni just in time for the new covid outbreak in Adelaide so yeah not impressed 

At least you do not have classes to worry about - I'm not out for weeks (minus a three day break coming up)!

Finally took some time yesterday to get back into my Bandcamp account and had a great time rediscovering some purchases in my collection that I hadn't heard for ages after the soundcard in my old PC gave up the ghost a couple of years back.  Might get them downloaded to this PC and get a Windows Player library going.

Some significant releases in here from Blut Aus Nord, Demigod, Antediluvian and Furia to mention but a few.  Nice to feel like I found some old records without having to get up off my ass to find them.