What's on your mind?

Apoc

Castle to myself and making the most of it, but looking forward to the vampires returning tomorrow. 

Melbourne has had an outbreak of Covid, so the full lockdown is back, which is really disappointing because we thought we had passed through it. Restaurants etc all closed again now after a few weeks of being open. My kids have been given an extra week holiday while the schools wait to be told whether they go back to remote learning or can open fully. Friend's wedding was supposed to be this huge affair in October, now in jeopardy. Hope my eldest daughter's sleepover birthday party can go ahead late August. Family holiday to Indonesia was already cancelled from the first outbreak, but as we would have been back just a couple of days ago, it's something to think about. 

Just lucky to still have our health and all that, so nothing really to complain about. I know a lot of countries have it much worse and many people all over the world, including Melbourne, are struggling financially, which is just terrible. 

Didn't want to make a lame Covid post, but there you go. Time to pump some metal and get drunk while there's still time. 

26 minutes ago, Requiem said:

Castle to myself and making the most of it, but looking forward to the vampires returning tomorrow. 

Melbourne has had an outbreak of Covid, so the full lockdown is back, which is really disappointing because we thought we had passed through it. Restaurants etc all closed again now after a few weeks of being open. My kids have been given an extra week holiday while the schools wait to be told whether they go back to remote learning or can open fully. Friend's wedding was supposed to be this huge affair in October, now in jeopardy. Hope my eldest daughter's sleepover birthday party can go ahead late August. Family holiday to Indonesia was already cancelled from the first outbreak, but as we would have been back just a couple of days ago, it's something to think about. 

Just lucky to still have our health and all that, so nothing really to complain about. I know a lot of countries have it much worse and many people all over the world, including Melbourne, are struggling financially, which is just terrible. 

Didn't want to make a lame Covid post, but there you go. Time to pump some metal and get drunk while there's still time. 

It's coming back everywhere, they have had to shut (some) pubs here in England within 4 days of them opening again.  The old life we all knew might just be gone for a while yet.  The economy is screwed though, my fiancee took redundancy last week.  To end on a positive note I had a good week at work and mowed my lawns earlier to celebrate.

38 minutes ago, MacabreEternal said:

It's coming back everywhere, they have had to shut (some) pubs here in England within 4 days of them opening again.  The old life we all knew might just be gone for a while yet.  The economy is screwed though, my fiancee took redundancy last week.  To end on a positive note I had a good week at work and mowed my lawns earlier to celebrate.

I think I'll join you and mow my lawns tomorrow as a sign of solidarity. An old English pub is my idea of heaven, so it's sad to think of them with doors closed, especially as most of them are struggling to stay alive as it is. 

The metal pub I'm always banging on about doesn't serve food, so it was never able to open when restrictions here were lightened. Now that there is another 6 week lockdown, it hasn't been open since late March I think, and I don't know if it can survive. 

17 minutes ago, Requiem said:

I think I'll join you and mow my lawns tomorrow as a sign of solidarity. An old English pub is my idea of heaven, so it's sad to think of them with doors closed, especially as most of them are struggling to stay alive as it is. 

The metal pub I'm always banging on about doesn't serve food, so it was never able to open when restrictions here were lightened. Now that there is another 6 week lockdown, it hasn't been open since late March I think, and I don't know if it can survive. 

Hail to the metal pubs and clubs that helped us all enjoy our music outside of our homes.  Remember them for what they gave us not what they became.  Friday night rock night at Maxime's in the town I grew up nearby was a most worthy way to spend a Friday night as a lad. 

8 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

Hail to the metal pubs and clubs that helped us all enjoy our music outside of our homes.  Remember them for what they gave us not what they became.  Friday night rock night at Maxime's in the town I grew up nearby was a most worthy way to spend a Friday night as a lad. 

Hail indeed, I grew up in the West Midlands so metal pubs/clubs were always within easy reach. There's also 2 decent venues in Oxford where I live now and 1 annual metal festival (RabidFest) for the lesser known bands of the UK. Things could be worse!

2 minutes ago, Natassja said:

Missed you. You guys all ok? Been a bit nuts here, but I'm ok cheers. 

We're alright so far, or at least healthy. It's definitely a weird situation here, with no end in sight so far. But we've been able to go to the beach, and I have the makings for some liquor drinks, and I have a recording just about finished, so there's some stuff to celebrate. Your family getting through it alright?

2 minutes ago, FatherAlabaster said:

We're alright so far, or at least healthy. It's definitely a weird situation here, with no end in sight so far. But we've been able to go to the beach, and I have the makings for some liquor drinks, and I have a recording just about finished, so there's some stuff to celebrate. Your family getting through it alright?

Glad you're all ok, yeh it's pretty unbelievable the whole situation. Good, drinks and a new recording ..sounds nice. We're surviving at least. Could be worse. I'll have to check out your new stuff..

6 minutes ago, MacabreEternal said:

Spent the morning putting up a curtain pole to hang black curtains from in my office.  This gothic domestication is the Western civilised dream being lived to the max.

Perfect. Now you just need some candelabra and a throne to brood upon as you disdain your fellow man from flights above.

Fucking hell, almost literally... The hottest day of the year so far. Everywhere outside of our air conditioned safe zones feels like sitting in soup. I spent a couple hours doing vocals for a fun cover of Hypocrisy's "Symbol Of Baphomet" that a guy I know is putting together. The recording I've been working on for the past few months is getting a premiere online this Wednesday, which is really cool. And despite almost no sleep last night, my head doesn't feel like it's stuffed with fabric.

Man, this sidewalk art thing I'm working on is a tough thing to get my head around. I made a paper template of the space so I could draw it out in its real size and it's too big to fit in my living room. I can only work on half at a time. I've been on my hands and knees laying out staircases in weird stretched perspective for hours and I'm not even halfway there. Can't wait to do this all over again in public in a busy entryway in the summer heat with unfamiliar materials! Wheeeee.

7 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

Reimposed lockdown from last night here because dickheads can’t social distance properly.  The recluse life is becoming my “new normal”.

I'm willing to bet this will happen here too. Our area is ok so far but I don't think it'll last. Especially with the planned school reopening. Ugh. I want my own mountain top.

2 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

I'm willing to bet this will happen here too. Our area is ok so far but I don't think it'll last. Especially with the planned school reopening. Ugh. I want my own mountain top.

You and me both. Sometimes I wish I could go into the forest and live in solitude. People have been so selfish and inconsiderate during this whole pandemic; my faith in humanity is wearing thin...and it wasn't that great to begin with. 
Good things today - listening to Death at work pretty much alienates everyone, ha. Also have been posting here on some threads, loving the forum so far. It's the little things. :P  

1 hour ago, lia_kat15 said:

Sometimes I wish I could go into the forest and live in solitude.

I was born with that instinct, and it has only become stronger over time. I escaped the city some years ago, but I think full solitude might well be on the cards for me in the not too distant future. Can't say the global pandemic has had any measurable impact on that, though. And lockdown has suited me just fine - keep your distance, EVERYONE ?

11 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

“new normal”

God I hate that phrase. Also "ramp up"; and "unprecedented". Urgh. I've avoided the news for a while now, and am a lot happier for it ?

1 hour ago, lia_kat15 said:

You and me both. Sometimes I wish I could go into the forest and live in solitude. People have been so selfish and inconsiderate during this whole pandemic; my faith in humanity is wearing thin...and it wasn't that great to begin with. 
Good things today - listening to Death at work pretty much alienates everyone, ha. Also have been posting here on some threads, loving the forum so far. It's the little things. :P  

I naively thought that maybe a sliver of good could come out of this horror show, that the severity of it and our obvious lack of preparation for it would jolt everyone back into thinking about the common good and finding ways to help each other. I didn't realize how deep the axe was buried. I can still barely believe it.

4 minutes ago, Thrashman said:

I was born with that instinct, and it has only become stronger over time. I escaped the city some years ago, but I think full solitude might well be on the cards for me in the not too distant future. Can't say the global pandemic has had any measurable impact on that, though. And lockdown has suited me just fine - keep your distance, EVERYONE ?

God I hate that phrase. Also "ramp up"; and "unprecedented". Urgh. I've avoided the news for a while now, and am a lot happier for it ?

I loved city life, but I found myself being less and less social after we moved away from it, and this situation has really strengthened those tendencies. I didn't realize how much I secretly dreaded social situations until I didn't have to deal with them anymore. I probably miss rehearsal more than anything else. 

New birds keep appearing in the garden, I guess not new exactly as I don’t (unfortunately) get much time to sit looking out the window at the activity around the feeders, but now getting Jays with regularity.  Squirrels are around again also.  Big bucket of fat balls and seeds arrived yesterday so have stocks for a while.

My fiancee is progressing decor in the house after going all nautical in the bathroom we are now looking slightly gothic in the main bedroom.  She’s retro-fitted an old TV cupboard with a paint job and some studs and found my old x-box so I sense some retro gaming nights soon.

My Gorguts - From Wisdom to Hate cd arrived yesterday also so that’s me sorted for what looks like a rainy Saturday.  Need to search out a cd copy of their debut then I am all done with physical copies of all their albums.  No remasters allowed.

Did anyone watch BangerTV do "Shredders of Metal" season three, the drummer edition? It was as silly as anything they do, but entertaining, and very impressive.

Also does anyone here concern themselves with what might be called NWOTM, new wave of triditional metal. Should that be a thing? I wonder if maybe it is a trend to put out cool retro style album covers, but maybe not a genre really, just a retro metal... well I'll just double down on the word trend. I don't want to be dismissive, and I love it, it's just all the existing 80s metal genres reskined with a high gloss finish more or less. One thing I will say is that bringing up a Spotify playlist labeled "New Wave of Triditional Metal" leads to a pretty satisfying result for this particular child of the Eighties. Where does it come from, are there a bunch of kids out the deciding that the obscure metal of the 80s was the coolest thing or is there a factory out there somewhere manufacturing all these bands, and throwing down for pretty professional looking cover art?