Apoc

What's on your mind?

Every day at work I uncover more stuff (or tbh more is revealed to me) that leads me to conclude we are operating in a big charade. It's a massive game. And that the world everyone sees on their TV is not what it seems. It's being orchestrated behind the scenes. It's just staggering the stuff that goes on. And all roads lead to one organisation. 

Every day at work I uncover more stuff (or tbh more is revealed to me) that leads me to conclude we are operating in a big charade. It's a massive game. And that the world everyone sees on their TV is not what it seems. It's being orchestrated behind the scenes. It's just staggering the stuff that goes on. And all roads lead to one organisation. 
Do you work in government?

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Multiple Department of Defence, numerous 'Agencies' and the Aerospace/Weapons primes. The whole thing is a game. 
Given the stakes, that sounds horrifying. However, there seems to be a way in which it is also hilarious - perhaps even absurd. Wasn't this what Dr Strangelove was about?

Given the stakes, that sounds horrifying. However, there seems to be a way in which it is also hilarious - perhaps even absurd. Wasn't this what Dr Strangelove was about?

I’m not talking incompetence, I’m talking smoke & mirrors. Dummy companies setting up to act as middle men for spy agencies in other countries and so forth. All condoned by home and host country. So much for ‘sovereignt states’. It’s staggering.

As we're now deep into December, I cracked my knuckles, rolled up my sleeves, went to the General Chat forum to start up a Top 10 of 2019 thread, only to find one by Thrashman who posted prematurely and now it's locked until the last week of December, by overlord @MacabreEternal 

I vote we allow this thread idea life a bit earlier than the last week so that it has some legs. Once January hits it's all about the "Albums Expected in 2020". 

15 hours ago, Requiem said:

As we're now deep into December, I cracked my knuckles, rolled up my sleeves, went to the General Chat forum to start up a Top 10 of 2019 thread, only to find one by Thrashman who posted prematurely and now it's locked until the last week of December, by overlord @MacabreEternal 

I vote we allow this thread idea life a bit earlier than the last week so that it has some legs. Once January hits it's all about the "Albums Expected in 2020". 

I am a cruel and harsh taskmaster I know but in all seriousness when there’s nigh on 6 weeks of the year left (approx. as it was at time of creation) I didn’t want an endless list of spam from lurkers just joining to post one list without taking any opportunity to explain why the albums made the list and then beggar off again.  I think we will open it from next week and I am not saying war and peace is needed against every list but there has to be some quality control here instead of just pages of “here’s some records I bought in 2019”.

p.s. for Xmas I want thumbscrews!

Only thumbscrews Macabre? I'd have thought you'd want to electrify the Post button so everyone who posts spam gets a near fatal jolt? :D

On another note going through the recommendations thread has served to remind me just how many users have left us over the years and it's quite sad knowing this place could be a thriving community rather then a growing one were they to return.

8 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

I am a cruel and harsh taskmaster I know but in all seriousness when there’s nigh on 6 weeks of the year left (approx. as it was at time of creation) I didn’t want an endless list of spam from lurkers just joining to post one list without taking any opportunity to explain why the albums made the list and then beggar off again.  I think we will open it from next week and I am not saying war and peace is needed against every list but there has to be some quality control here instead of just pages of “here’s some records I bought in 2019”.

p.s. for Xmas I want thumbscrews!

You are wise and just.