Jump to content

What's on your mind?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • RelentlessOblivion

    3369

  • FatherAlabaster

    3174

  • deathstorm

    2002

  • BlutAusNerd

    1189

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went to an award ceremony honoring all the students in our school district who scored distinguished on state testing in @ least one of three subjects Math, Reading & Science. My son James, he's

Congratulations to our newest moderator, MacabreEternal! For he's a jolly good fellow, etc etc.

I Passed my driving test today! Was more nervous than last time but I think that might have helped more than anything, so happy!!

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Athame said:

Just finished watching the America Cup Finals with my family and friends. Brazil champion, Argentina in 3rd Place. This can't get any better

I can't believe you live in Brazil. That's so exotic and exciting for me. Waking up every day in Brazil. Amazing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Requiem said:

I can't believe you live in Brazil. That's so exotic and exciting for me. Waking up every day in Brazil. Amazing. 

Australia must be pretty awesome too, I think even better than Brazil. Always wanted to know about Australia, I have a friend in there, he just sent me some pictures of a water park he went, such a awesome place but I forgot the name of the Park. too bad I haven't talked to him in a long time

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Athame said:

Australia must be pretty awesome too, I think even better than Brazil. Always wanted to know about Australia, I have a friend in there, he just sent me some pictures of a water park he went, such a awesome place but I forgot the name of the Park. too bad I haven't talked to him in a long time

Australia is great, imo it's the greatest country on Earth. Hmm a water park? If it's on the Gold Coast it's probably Wet n Wild which is probably my favourite theme park up there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

Australia is great, imo it's the greatest country on Earth. Hmm a water park? If it's on the Gold Coast it's probably Wet n Wild which is probably my favourite theme park up there.

It depends on how you rate it. If it wasn’t for my children I wouldn’t be living here, but it’s brilliant for children and it’s a good lifestyle and I’m reluctant to take the kids out of this pretty amazing existence. 

Personally though I’d rather live in the UK, Norway, Sweden, Germany, France and Italy (from the places that I’ve visited). Once the children grow up I’m back to Europe to stay for good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MacabreEternal said:

Opportunity to take a new job and essentially double my salary (OTE could be in excess of 100k per annum).  Massive pressure associated with it though obviously.  They came to me though so must think I can do it.  I have the weekend to think it over.

Wooo that’s approaching @True Belief and Requiem level money.

Drinks on Macarbe when we hit the grim north. And some of your mistresses... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Opportunity to take a new job and essentially double my salary (OTE could be in excess of 100k per annum).  Massive pressure associated with it though obviously.  They came to me though so must think I can do it.  I have the weekend to think it over.

 

 

You’re an intelligent guy, of course you can do it. Jump at it. Even if you have doubts if you can do it - say yes and then work out how you’ll do it. Don’t pass it up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, True Belief said:

 

You’re an intelligent guy, of course you can do it. Jump at it. Even if you have doubts if you can do it - say yes and then work out how you’ll do it. Don’t pass it up.

Thanks man, I really appreciate the kind words. It means a lot. Wait, you were talking to M.Eternal?! 

On my mind is the fact that I'm half hoping I don't win the four CDs I'm currently bidding on as I've just gone ahead and bought $100 worth of CDs at ebay. If I win them, excellent, new music. If I lose, phew, saved some money. We're not all making M.Eternal level money! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2019 at 5:51 PM, RelentlessOblivion said:

I have had it before, not in years though, I've only ever gotten it in my parents house. I'm genuinely grateful that I didn't see or hear anything this time. I still remember the last time I heard chanting and saw several hooded figures in the room.

It can get pretty intens, I know. I get them more frequent and trust me, you get used to it. 

 

But as for what is on my mind right now: I am not far from completing the first part (Book 1) of the what seems to be turning into a very long novel. The most complicated part so far was describing anti gravity energy in connection with a mass evacustion from a planet destroyed due to a full scale nuclear war. I think that I managed to describe it so it will make sense to most readers...I hope. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Begun working on a long term solution to the never ending weed growth in the back garden.  Spent time at a local garden centre today effectively accepting my fast approaching middle aged status by buying Weed Control Cloth and plum slate to deny growth space and light for weeds.  Problem is that whilst on one side my neighbours are very good with maintaining their garden, the ones on the other side are just happy to have their garden in the state of a permanent jungle, meaning weeds are now growing under the fence and into my flower beds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

Begun working on a long term solution to the never ending weed growth in the back garden.  Spent time at a local garden centre today effectively accepting my fast approaching middle aged status by buying Weed Control Cloth and plum slate to deny growth space and light for weeds.  Problem is that whilst on one side my neighbours are very good with maintaining their garden, the ones on the other side are just happy to have their garden in the state of a permanent jungle, meaning weeds are now growing under the fence and into my flower beds.

Maybe rent one of these for the weekend?

flamethrower-tractor.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I really, desperately, want to explain away what happened to me early this morning as another sleep paralysis episode. Unfortunately since I could move freely and resorted to the childhood tactic of hiding under the blankets that ain't gonna fly. Woke up to see a pair of big, red, eyes in the doorway to my room, and the door wide open. Now considering that I sleep with the door closed and locked that of itself is weird. Man I'm telling you creepy shit just happens at my parents house. The sooner I'm back on my feet financially the better.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gee wiz, New Zealand got absolutely shafted in the cricket last night.

 

Anyway, had the pleasure of an hour in an epsom salt float tank tonight, total darkness no sound.....followed by a 45 minute infrared sauna. Feeling totally re-charged.

 

Going back for a cryotherapy session on the weekend. 3 minutes in your underwear at minus 160° Celsius (-256° Fahrenheit). Good stuff.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, True Belief said:

Gee wiz, New Zealand got absolutely shafted in the cricket last night.

 

Anyway, had the pleasure of an hour in an epsom salt float tank tonight, total darkness no sound.....followed by a 45 minute infrared sauna. Feeling totally re-charged.

 

Going back for a cryotherapy session on the weekend. 3 minutes in your underwear at minus 160° Celsius (-256° Fahrenheit). Good stuff.

 

 

 

I'll take a week in the tank, please.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Join Metal Forum

    joinus-home.jpg

  • Our picks

    • Whichever tier of thrash metal you consigned Sacred Reich back in the 80's/90's they still had their moments.  "Ignorance" & "Surf Nicaragura" did a great job of establishing the band, whereas "The American Way" just got a little to comfortable and accessible (the title track grates nowadays) for my ears.  A couple more records better left forgotten about and then nothing for twenty three years.  2019 alone has now seen three releases from Phil Rind and co.  A live EP, a split EP with Iron Reagan and now a full length.

      Notable addition to the ranks for the current throng of releases is former Machine Head sticksman, Dave McClean.  Love or hate Machine Head, McClean is a more than capable drummer and his presence here is felt from the off with the opening and title track kicking things off with some real gusto.  'Divide & Conquer' and 'Salvation' muddle along nicely, never quite reaching any quality that would make my balls tingle but comfortable enough.  The looming build to 'Manifest Reality' delivers a real punch when the song starts proper.  Frenzied riffs and drums with shots of lead work to hold the interest.


      There's a problem already though (I know, I am such a fucking mood hoover).  I don't like Phil's vocals.  I never had if I am being honest.  The aggression to them seems a little forced even when they are at their best on tracks like 'Manifest Reality'.  When he tries to sing it just feels weak though ('Salvation') and tracks lose real punch.  Give him a riffy number such as 'Killing Machine' and he is fine with the Reich engine (probably a poor choice of phrase) up in sixth gear.  For every thrashy riff there's a fair share of rock edged, local bar act rhythm aplenty too.

      Let's not poo-poo proceedings though, because overall I actually enjoy "Awakening".  It is stacked full of catchy riffs that are sticky on the old ears.  Whilst not as raw as perhaps the - brilliant - artwork suggests with its black and white, tattoo flash sheet style design it is enjoyable enough.  Yes, 'Death Valley' & 'Something to Believe' have no place here, saved only by Arnett and Radziwill's lead work but 'Revolution' is a fucking 80's thrash heyday throwback to the extent that if you turn the TV on during it you might catch a new episode of Cheers!

      3/5
      • Reputation Points

      • 3 replies
    • I
      • Reputation Points

      • 1 reply
    • https://www.metalforum.com/blogs/entry/52-vltimas-something-wicked-marches-in/
      • Reputation Points

      • 3 replies
    • https://www.metalforum.com/blogs/entry/50-queensryche-the-verdict/
      • Reputation Points

      • 0 replies

    • https://www.metalforum.com/blogs/entry/48-candlemass-the-door-to-doom/
      • Reputation Points

      • 1 reply
×
×
  • Create New...