What's on your mind?

Apoc

Was just commiserating with a friend about Warrel and we went looking online for another mutual friend of ours, only to find that he died this past spring. We'd fallen out of touch but he was a super talented guy, sick vocalist, and he was only 35. Way too fucking young. Godammit. Stupid year.
Shit, sad on both counts. Death is everywhere these days, or at least it seems to be coming for those that don't make sense more than those who seem to deserve it...

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Was just commiserating with a friend about Warrel and we went looking online for another mutual friend of ours, only to find that he died this past spring. We'd fallen out of touch but he was a super talented guy, sick vocalist, and he was only 35. Way too fucking young. Godammit. Stupid year.

Sorry to hear this, condolences.

Just now, FatherAlabaster said:

Thank you. I wish we'd kept in touch, the news came as a complete shock. He actually played as a live member for Black Harvest years ago. I've rarely seen a performer with that kind of energy. He's got a son, too... really just such a shame.

Remember the good times and sink a couple of beers in his honour.

23 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Sorry about your loss buddy  tonight is my nieces holiday concert

On 14/12/2017 at 7:32 AM, FatherAlabaster said:

Sorry to hear that.

Thank you. I wish we'd kept in touch, the news came as a complete shock. He actually played as a live member for Black Harvest years ago. I've rarely seen a performer with that kind of energy. He's got a son, too... really just such a shame.
That's terrible, struck down way too young. What was the cause of death, if you don't mind me asking? The friend that I recently lost was also young, a member of another forum that I met up with at Denver Doomfest and MDF. She was only 33 and was married to another member of the forum. Their son was born a week before Winter was, and now he probably won't even remember what his mom looks like from memory when he grows up. Fuck this whole existence.

9 minutes ago, BlutAusNerd said:

That's terrible, struck down way too young. What was the cause of death, if you don't mind me asking? The friend that I recently lost was also young, a member of another forum that I met up with at Denver Doomfest and MDF. She was only 33 and was married to another member of the forum. Their son was born a week before Winter was, and now he probably won't even remember what his mom looks like from memory when he grows up. Fuck this whole existence.

Ah man, that's awful. I'm really sorry to hear about it. Another friend of mine has recently suffered a loss as well; all of this hits pretty close to home. In his case his wife was in a car accident and lost the child they were expecting. So fucking sad. More and more I'm finding myself speechless. As for Dan's cause of death, I don't know yet; neither myself nor our other mutual friend has been able to find out anything beyond a barebones obituary. I hope we'll get more information, but it won't change things. Ugh.

In other, better, unrelated news, I met a really good drummer recently and it turns out he lives in my neighborhood. Our kids go to the same school. We had a jam session today and it went pretty well, despite my lack of regular practice recently. Feels so good to finally play music with another human again. It's been too long. Hopefully we can keep meeting up.

Ah man, that's awful. I'm really sorry to hear about it. Another friend of mine has recently suffered a loss as well; all of this hits pretty close to home. In his case his wife was in a car accident and lost the child they were expecting. So fucking sad. More and more I'm finding myself speechless. As for Dan's cause of death, I don't know yet; neither myself nor our other mutual friend has been able to find out anything beyond a barebones obituary. I hope we'll get more information, but it won't change things. Ugh.

In other, better, unrelated news, I met a really good drummer recently and it turns out he lives in my neighborhood. Our kids go to the same school. We had a jam session today and it went pretty well, despite my lack of regular practice recently. Feels so good to finally play music with another human again. It's been too long. Hopefully we can keep meeting up.
I can't imagine losing a child, I don't think I could recover. I mentioned feeling the reality more that death comes for us all when my wife's grandpa died recently, but at least we were all expecting it. All of these young people, it just doesn't make sense.

At least there was some good news for you. It all evens out, you find a drummer, I lose one...

On 12/13/2017 at 6:25 AM, Parker said:

Yes! Thank the gods! I am so disgusted by Trump supporting that filthy animal. But, I'm sure'll he find a way to make me even more disgusted.

He's good at that...he pulled the US out of the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative, which I have no choice but to assume was done specifically to piss me off just in case everything else (including his transparently cynical pandering to Christians) hadn't already soured me to him.

Hey man if this is who I think it is I am stunned. It’s tragic no matter who it is, but I’m really hoping against hope my initial thinking is off the mark?
To be fair, I hate most things, but stairs truly earned my ire the other day. What made True Belief decide to bail on PL?

Fake News!!!! True Belief is going to Paradise Lost.

It'll be the night of our lives! 

Only if you promise NOT to wear those leather chaps with the ass cheeks cut out of them that you love so much. Not sure the punters at The Corner Hotel will go for them so much..[emoji51]

You can wear your “In Requiem” shirt. I’m taking the “Faith Divides Us...” option. No doubling up pal. Ha ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like a complete failure. This last week has really dragged up all I haven't been able to accomplish. The small taste of what I have in store post move has not helped. Guys and gals I'll be honest I don't know if I have it in me to get through this. Yes I know it seems very dramatic with me and I'm sorry for that.

Fake News!!!! True Belief is going to Paradise Lost.
Shit, I almost forgot that you know that crew too. Yeah, it was Superfuzz, didn't know if you knew that she married Whitenoise or not, but she died of melanoma. She sought treatment where they were living in Denver when she started feeling sick, and was denied by our lovely healthcare system because she didn't have insurance. She deteriorated and finally went home to New Zealand to get medical attention, but at that point, it was too late. Their son will be turning 4 in a few weeks, and he doesn't understand any of it, and Whitenoise is an absolute wreck.

8 hours ago, True Belief said:

Only if you promise NOT to wear those leather chaps with the ass cheeks cut out of them that you love so much. Not sure the punters at The Corner Hotel will go for them so much..emoji51.png

You can wear your “In Requiem” shirt. I’m taking the “Faith Divides Us...” option. No doubling up pal. Ha ha.

I was thinking either 'In Requiem' or the Paradise Lost 21st anniversary shirt of the show they played with MDB and Anathema. Decisions decisions. I'll try them both on and pose in various ways in front of the mirror. 

The ass-less chaps are staying, cowboy.