What's on your mind?

Apoc

Just had a sudden spark of inspiration. Going to start a food blog tailored more towards the vision impaired. Focus will of course be on the food but also how accomodating staff are and other information someone with a vision impairment might find important when decided where to go if they're picking a restaurant. I even have the perfect name for it.

Mmm yeah that felt good. At long last there are pedals back on my bike. A nice forty minutes getting the legs turned over and some nasty efforts to ensure a sting in the tail. That'll be the order of things for the next fortnight before gradually moving into more intense training. Good news is I know the level of fitness pushing myself will bring and am desperate to surpass those limits.

3 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

I feel like we need a thread to preserve some of the more memorable posts MetalForum has to offer. Sadly something tells me we'll need more then just two to three moderators working on that to make it reality.

What do you mean? Which posts? Everything here is preserved, unless it gets deleted anyway. Are you just talking about making fun conversions easier to find?

3 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said: I feel like we need a thread to preserve some of the more memorable posts MetalForum has to offer. Sadly something tells me we'll need more then just two to three moderators working on that to make it reality.

What do you mean? Which posts? Everything here is preserved, unless it gets deleted anyway. Are you just talking about making fun conversions easier to find?

I think that's what he's getting at. It wouldn't be necessary if the search function was worth a shit in here though.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, BlutAusNerd said:

I think that's what he's getting at. It wouldn't be necessary if the search function was worth a shit in here though.

I've always thought that part of the fun of forums is reading through old threads and getting to know people, but it is difficult when we've got lots of threads and hundreds of pages going back years. Maybe something to discuss with Tait. I've never had much luck with the search function, I usually have to rely on memory to get me in the ballpark if I'm looking for something specific. I don't know if a "highlights" thread would work out too well, though. A forum I used to post on would lock high-volume threads after they'd hit a certain limit of posts, and start a new version - for instance, we'd start "What are you listening to, Part 2" or whatever. We did have that idea for an "archive" section. I'm open to discussing it more; even if Tait can't get to shuffling everything around, there are probably some things we can do to make it more searchable and coherent with the current setup.

37 minutes ago, FatherAlabaster said:

I've always thought that part of the fun of forums is reading through old threads and getting to know people, but it is difficult when we've got lots of threads and hundreds of pages going back years. Maybe something to discuss with Tait. I've never had much luck with the search function, I usually have to rely on memory to get me in the ballpark if I'm looking for something specific. I don't know if a "highlights" thread would work out too well, though. A forum I used to post on would lock high-volume threads after they'd hit a certain limit of posts, and start a new version - for instance, we'd start "What are you listening to, Part 2" or whatever. We did have that idea for an "archive" section. I'm open to discussing it more; even if Tait can't get to shuffling everything around, there are probably some things we can do to make it more searchable and coherent with the current setup.

If the need arises for an extra Mod to achieve any changes I am now in more of a position to throw my hat into the ring if required.  

24 minutes ago, MacabreEternal said: If the need arises for an extra Mod to achieve any changes I am now in more of a position to throw my hat into the ring if required.  

Personally, I'd be happy to have you on board. I'll get in touch with Tait again about reorganizing things.

I would approve of this decision as well, especially with how busy I have been lately.

15 hours ago, Parker said:

Really? I was there in the late 90s for the first March Metal Meltdown (a great show BTW) and I was truly appalled. The place was so decrepit that most of the buildings looked like they were about to fall into the street.  

Everything is fix up really nice  they built up nicely  all the buildings are restored  all the filth is gone from there

11 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Exactly what I meant. Like an archive of all the funniest/most interesting posts on the forum. It isn't just the useless search function but also the fact we have six years worth of content and some of it isn't immediately obvious.

Murph can I tell you something I'm vision impaired also I'm low vision as well I don't have a guide dog   I got 80/20 vision in my left eye my nearly blind in my right eye I wear glasses but they don't improve my vision I had a cornea transplant when I was 18 years old to remove  a disease cornea I have it both eyes  I know how you feel where is your blog on the food for vision impaired  I whould like to read it if you do one