What's on your mind?

Apoc

1 minute ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

I'm keen to do some of the rock tourist things but we'll see what happens there. This trip has thrown my MDF '17 plans into disarray though - no way I can afford two US trips within a few months of each other. Would like to see some of San Fran but that is very much not on the cards this trip. Vegas is another place I want to visit as is NYC and Washington D.C (I want to visit the Smithsonian wait is that how you spell it).

I went to the Smithsonian (or whatever it is haha) on the school trip, but I was too dumb to appreciate it much. America and Europe just do museums so well. I really want to see some of the interior of the country - a couple of small towns to get a sense of that side of things.

I hear Lowell is quite beautiful this time of year...

9 minutes ago, Requiem said: My sister lives in San Fran and I love the US. That is, I love visiting it, and there is a heap more I really want to see. One of these days. 

In 1995 (when I was in the 10th grade) I went on a month long school trip to the US, based for two weeks at a high school in New Jersey. We did the usual things: New York City, LA, San Diego, Washington DC and a bit of the north east.  

In 2009 my wife and I came over for three weeks. We originally had the bright idea to do one of those 'drive across the US jobs' but that sensibly got whittled down to LA, Vegas (including the drive) and New York City. That was a great trip. Among other things we renewed our vows in a wedding chapel in Vegas with an Elvis impersonator, and we got tickets to the David Letterman show in NYC which happened to be the Obama episode, which was amazing. 

In 2015 my sister got married in San Diego, so I spent some time in LA, drove down to San Diego for the wedding. That was a solo trip and was just awesome. Finally did all those LA rock things I'd always wanted to do. 

Didn't really mean to launch into a history of my US trips, but that's what this post became! Travelling is my favourite thing to do, but a little tough with two little vampire children who need a regular blood supply. 

I feel for you. There's nothing fun about seeing your children sick. 

I'm keen to do some of the rock tourist things but we'll see what happens there. This trip has thrown my MDF '17 plans into disarray though - no way I can afford two US trips within a few months of each other. Would like to see some of San Fran but that is very much not on the cards this trip. Vegas is another place I want to visit as is NYC and Washington D.C (I want to visit the Smithsonian wait is that how you spell it).

Vegas can be fun to see once, but I personally hate it. Let me know if you end up going and when, I may be able to meet up with you. I don't know much about LA, but there are a couple of record stores I could recommend.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

So one of my best friends spoke to me yesterday.  His wife has cancer, had an op last week to remove it, needs a second op to finish, hopeful it hasn't spread.  I had no idea, been too wrapped up in my own shit to be around.  Got some ground to make up here.  

Thats some tough crap to deal with, all of best luck to your friend. My lil sister passed because of cancer few years back, she was only 27. Your friends are so damn lucky that they found it in time. Hopefully it will stay away. Can´t think of much nastier stuff than cancer.. I´ve had to see it couple times how it just eats the life out of a person. 

4 hours ago, GrayscaleDawn said:

Thats some tough crap to deal with, all of best luck to your friend. My lil sister passed because of cancer few years back, she was only 27. Your friends are so damn lucky that they found it in time. Hopefully it will stay away. Can´t think of much nastier stuff than cancer.. I´ve had to see it couple times how it just eats the life out of a person. 

Wow, that's really terrible, that's so young. I'm sorry to hear it. :(

5 hours ago, GrayscaleDawn said:

Thanks for your words.  Sorry for your loss.

Haven't been here in quite a while, been dealing with my depression/dysthymia. Went through ECT (electro-convulsive therapy) only to find that it did not help me. No treatment has helped me so far. I'm now trying a new med that's supposed to help people who haven't had results with other treatments. I really hope it helps because I'm at the end of my rope here. 

3 minutes ago, Parker said:

Haven't been here in quite a while, been dealing with my depression/dysthymia. Went through ECT (electro-convulsive therapy) only to find that it did not help me. No treatment has helped me so far. I'm now trying a new med that's supposed to help people who haven't had results with other treatments. I really hope it helps because I'm at the end of my rope here. 

Damn, dude. That sucks. Best wishes. I was just wondering about you recently, glad to see you back here at least.

14 minutes ago, Parker said:

Hey Parker, I'm very glad to see you here. I hope all the best for you. And stick around, and let us be of service to you.

I'd very much apreciate that. Vegas won't be this trip it simply isn't practical.

I've been to Amoeba Records in Hollywood, which is a pretty gigantic emporium. It's worth seeing, but their metal selection wasn't quite what I had hoped for. The dudes from Sadistic Intent run Dark Realm Records in Downey, which I've heard good things about. There was another one in Buena Park that I can't remember the name of that was pretty cool, Bionic Records maybe?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

On 29/01/2017 at 6:56 PM, GrayscaleDawn said:

Sorry to hear that, man. That's heavy. 

On 29/01/2017 at 5:55 PM, RelentlessOblivion said:

I'd very much apreciate that. Vegas won't be this trip it simply isn't practical.

There's not much about Vegas that's practical. I stayed in a hotel shaped as goddamn Camelot for crying out loud.

57 minutes ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

I simply meant since we aren't hiring a car (and one amongst us point blank refuses to consider internal flights an option) doing Vegas presents too many issues particularly when we have two days smack in the middle of the trip where we absolutely need to be in LA.

Yeah, I got it. I was a making a wry comment on Vegas. 

So I've been having a problem with over frequent urination. Got a pill from a urologist (or, as I like to call them a, "pee-pee doctor") that did me no good at all. Recently got a large cyst on my chest, went to see a doctor about it. She said such things often happen to people with diabetes (this would account for the urination problem as well), and checked to see when I was lasted tested for that. Turns out that I have never been tested for it (which I find absurd given my age and weight). So today I am having blood taken to test for diabetes (and STDs while their at it). I really hope I don't have it, it would suck to have to test my blood every day and avoid sweet foods. Wish me luck.

Sorry to hear that Parker, hope everything works out fine for you. Good to see you again though.

Note to self, never follow my flatmate's advice. Last Wednesday night I spent a wee while with a young lady at the campus bar. My flatmate was adamant that I should send her a friend request on facebook, so against my better judgement I did and now she and all her friends have completely blocked me..... brill.

Now this is bizarre: I went to my basement to search for DVDs to sell. Unfortunately there were no more. I did find several CDs I had been looking for, among them was Satanic Blood Angel by Von. This is one of my favorite CDs. I lost it several years ago and have been looking for it since. Here's the weird part: the copy I just found is wrapped in plastic and has never been opened. I simply can't explain this.