What's on your mind?

Apoc

4 minutes ago, BlutAusNerd said:

Indeed. I'll never forget how infuriating it was when I was still using iTunes (the Mrs bought me a video iPod when she washed my 3rd generation iPod), I would be insanely frustrated anytime that anyone commandeered my computer and updated iTunes with whatever they were doing. Each update was worse than the last, and had it not been washed, my 3rd generation iPod would probably still be holding up.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

That sucks, dude. I can't stand Apple products, mostly because of their approach to software, but lately I've really been wanting to get a standalone mp3 player again, so I can just listen to music without any outside bullshit going on.

4 minutes ago, BlutAusNerd said: Indeed. I'll never forget how infuriating it was when I was still using iTunes (the Mrs bought me a video iPod when she washed my 3rd generation iPod), I would be insanely frustrated anytime that anyone commandeered my computer and updated iTunes with whatever they were doing. Each update was worse than the last, and had it not been washed, my 3rd generation iPod would probably still be holding up.

That sucks, dude. I can't stand Apple products, mostly because of their approach to software, but lately I've really been wanting to get a standalone mp3 player again, so I can just listen to music without any outside bullshit going on.

Agreed. That iPod bit the dust too, so now I just have my phone. At 80 gigabytes, my iPod couldn't contain all of my music, and with the smaller capacity of phones, it does present listening issues for me. I also despise Apple, I bought that 3rd generation from a friend used when he upgraded, that's the only way I was okay with paying money for their product. As far as I know, there isn't a standalone out there with even that much capacity anymore, which means lengthy shuffling/syncing of albums to fit your mood. If only there were less brain dead people playing top 40 nonsense, there might be a market to justify something with that much storage. Streaming services invalidate the need too, as even though videos take up all kinds of space if you download them, you no longer need to have that media stored on your device.

8 minutes ago, BlutAusNerd said:

Agreed. That iPod bit the dust too, so now I just have my phone. At 80 gigabytes, my iPod couldn't contain all of my music, and with the smaller capacity of phones, it does present listening issues for me. I also despise Apple, I bought that 3rd generation from a friend used when he upgraded, that's the only way I was okay with paying money for their product. As far as I know, there isn't a standalone out there with even that much capacity anymore, which means lengthy shuffling/syncing of albums to fit your mood. If only there were less brain dead people playing top 40 nonsense, there might be a market to justify something with that much storage. Streaming services invalidate the need too, as even though videos take up all kinds of space if you download them, you no longer need to have that media stored on your device.

I haven't looked around much, but if you can find something with a microSD slot, you should have plenty of space. I've been backing up my digital library onto all of my computers. The 128gb card I had in my phone suffered no damage from the water, and seems to work fine in my old phone even though the limit was supposed to be 64. Lucky me, I guess. I really despise streaming services for a few reasons, so I need lots of local storage.

I'm used to the i interface now. I don't like Android devices because the layout changes from model to model and generation to generation. Add to that the lack of in-built accessibility options and it isnt ideal for the vision impaired. I don't want to learn a new layout whenever I need a new phone.

Anyways it is so nice to just go for a cruise on the bike without needing to worry about racing or making sure I ride fast.

I'll echo Macabre here. Asking the question seems like an indicator that you're not there yet. As has been said for a new relationship to work you need to be fully committed and ready to take the person for who they are.

I know for me the first breakup it took me years to actually get over my issues. It wasn't a healthy relationship and mentally left some deep wounds. This time around I'm already missing a lot of things about being in a relationship. I also know, however, that if I were to find myself in one it would be for purely selfish reasons.

2 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

I disagree with you guys, although I see where you're coming from. JFK is relatively young and he's got a lot to look forward to. And he already said he was taking a trip with an old ex-gf who he'd probably still be with if it wasn't for the distance. I don't see a reason to for him to hold himself back from seeing what happens because of worries about whether or not he's ready, and in any case it's all part of the learning process.

A fair point. I guess it depends on the reasons behind the question. As I said right now I really miss that closeness and intamacy in my life. Miss it almost enough to take the slightly sad step of actually joining one of those relationship sites. My reasons are purely selfish though so I don't feel like that's the best move for me right now.

Fuck I hope it doesn't take another five years for me to land a girl though...

1 hour ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Shouldn't you be in bed? For fuck's sake I know I should...

I've been to bed and got up again.  It's mother's day and we have to go and visit Hitler so why would I want to miss that opportunity to spend a fulfilling and enchanting afternoon in her charismatic and charming company.  Mother in laws are for life not just for Mother's Day (unfortunately).

Meanwhile in Australia...

It's twenty to ten at night, a million degrees celsius, the air con is broken and we have storms rolling through. The net resut of this is I'm sweating like a pig and can't sleep. Right now I will concede Australia is NOT the greatest country on Earth. Right now Australia can go and fuck itself with broken glass.

On 6/3/2016 at 10:11 PM, RelentlessOblivion said:

Meanwhile in Australia...

It's twenty to ten at night, a million degrees celsius, the air con is broken and we have storms rolling through. The net resut of this is I'm sweating like a pig and can't sleep. Right now I will concede Australia is NOT the greatest country on Earth. Right now Australia can go and fuck itself with broken glass.

A working Air-con is essential in the Aussie heat, i'm glad i have mine up a running. going to be a hot week.

My girlfriend got promoted at work today - finally.  After months of working far above her pay grade and salary she has even successfully negotiated herself a lucrative training (industry recognised) package as well as a significant increase in salary also.

I remain undecided about my new role even though the work is far more interesting than when I first switched over.  I am waiting to establish a client base for myself before mulling things over further.

Well congrats to your GF mate.

Lecture finished 20 mins early today so that's good. Not so good is my new iPod being a complete and utter cunt. That'll teach me to keep my pockets fully zipped up though won't it? Old iPod fell out of my pocket and got run over by the train I caught home from cycling Saturday.

As Relentless said, congratulations to your girlfriend Macabre.

On 07/03/2016 at 9:58 PM, RelentlessOblivion said:

Mostly because the position of the volume knob on both my Razorback and ML make it impossible to volume swell and that's a thing I kind of need to do.

Is it possible to re wire it so the volume control is closest to the bridge, or is it already there?

In other news its been one hell of a week so far, I'm not going to give the full story, but long story short it involves low self esteem (me), possible depression (me... again), self harm, attempted suicide (not me, although I was the one who made it an attempted suicide as opposed to a completed suicide), and only 5 hours sleep since Saturday night (all of which was today under a table in the school library).

I've been told I'm going to see the school councillor on Friday... yippee...

On a more positive note, turns out I have a real knack for drawing flowers.