What's on your mind?

Apoc

Hoping my back will be better tomorrow, currently on the sofa struggling to move, pulled it last night, feels horrendous :(

Get well! :)

And I got finally holiday :D I had the past few days some exams which is why I was less active here. Too bad not all exams went really well, but hopefully I passed them :)

My youngest cat is really struggling to adapt to moving again so quickly (twice in 9 months). She has escaped twice - thankfully got her back even though the second time involved me having to climb onto the conservatory roof - and tonight she is just wandering around looking really lost.  Just finally found something to amuse her by playing with some string through the gap in the wardrobe door and that seems to have settled her for tonight.

Get well! :)

And I got finally holiday :D I had the past few days some exams which is why I was less active here. Too bad not all exams went really well, but hopefully I passed them :)

Thanks Yobo :) Good luck with your results..

My youngest cat is really struggling to adapt to moving again so quickly (twice in 9 months). She has escaped twice - thankfully got her back even though the second time involved me having to climb onto the conservatory roof - and tonight she is just wandering around looking really lost.  Just finally found something to amuse her by playing with some string through the gap in the wardrobe door and that seems to have settled her for tonight.

Aww I love cats, it takes time for them to adjust to a move.. hope she settles soon :) My cat passed away last year, was gutted, hopefully I will get another rescue cat soon :) 

We have two cats and one of those found us, or rather he found my girlfriend as he appeared one day at the bottom of her garden and over a period of a few weeks slowly ended up coming into the house.  He was in a terrible state, full of cuts and ragged looking and now he revels in his comfort and cosyness after goodness knows how many years of having a shit life.  He is still terrified of male strangers and runs for cover whenever someone knocks at the door.  He is however one of the most rewarding pets I have ever had.

Hope your back gets better Natassja.

Aww .. I do believe in cats choosing to be our companions :) He no doubt feels safe with you guys, wonderful creatures :)

Thankyou  Macabre :) 

Thanks Natassja :)

I'd really like to have a cat one day, but as long as I live at home with my parents, I think it's of question to have one.

You're welcome :) cats are wonderful..!

So in addition to not being able to use Tapatalk, this is why I've been absent. One of our warehouse workers couldn't find a box cutter, so they used a loose razor blade for cutting, and then left it sticking out of a piece of furniture upright. I hopped into our returns are to get my driver a box that he needed to take back with him, and used that piece of furniture and another on either side to jump back over a desk that was blocking said returns area. Because of the angle it was at and the blade literally being razor thin, I didn't see it when placing my hand there, and putting all of my weight onto it to jump out of the returns area, I drove this protruding razor blade through my right hand. I was rushed to the hospital, almost passed out from blood loss, had 5 stitches on the entry side, and was told that they wouldn't do anything about the side it came out on to relieve swelling. It was great fun, considering I had just been in for kidney stones. Needless to say, it hasn't been a great week. IMAG0376_zpsauhvxbbr.jpg Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

So in addition to not being able to use Tapatalk, this is why I've been absent. One of our warehouse workers couldn't find a box cutter, so they used a loose razor blade for cutting, and then left it sticking out of a piece of furniture upright. I hopped into our returns are to get my driver a box that he needed to take back with him, and used that piece of furniture and another on either side to jump back over a desk that was blocking said returns area. Because of the angle it was at and the blade literally being razor thin, I didn't see it when placing my hand there, and putting all of my weight onto it to jump out of the returns area, I drove this protruding razor blade through my right hand. I was rushed to the hospital, almost passed out from blood loss, had 5 stitches on the entry side, and was told that they wouldn't do anything about the side it came out on to relieve swelling. It was great fun, considering I had just been in for kidney stones. Needless to say, it hasn't been a great week. IMAG0376_zpsauhvxbbr.jpg Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Aaaah holy fuck ouch OUCH! Sorry to hear about that...

Fuck BAN, this is why musicians should not be allowed to work. The hands are just too precious. I hope it will not have an adverse effect on your playing. I imagine not, a good clean cut like that with the grain as it is. then again I ain't no doctor or nothin'. I've been curious about your recording by the way. How is that going?

If you're all sorted over there, perhaps you could come by and help me get my kid ready for bed, eh? :D

Fuck BAN, this is why musicians should not be allowed to work. The hands are just too precious. I hope it will not have an adverse effect on your playing. I imagine not, a good clean cut like that with the grain as it is. then again I ain't no doctor or nothin'. I've been curious about your recording by the way. How is that going?

It's on hold right now. Edgar doesn't work for me anymore, and neither of us had time when he did. We've all had our hands full, but hopefully we'll get back at it when this is healed up. Yeah, luckily due to the angle, it just cut muscle, not tendons or nerves were severed. Still, were it not for the kidney stones, it would have been the most painful thing I've ever experienced. Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

OUCH!!! Imma stop complaining 'bout shit for a while now. Hope it heals quickly BAN...and that the idiot gets a very harsh talking to at the very least.

It wasn't safe, but I also should have seen it. One of those freak accidents I guess. It was a brand new blade straight out of the pack, so it just slid all the way through so quickly that I didn't notice until it was coming out the other side. It's already to the point where it doesn't really hurt, and I can still type just fine, but I think guitar playing will have to wait until it's healed. Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Well it was clean at least, they have to give you shots? I know after my crash last year they had to give me one for tetanus, and two others for dunno what, fortunately I was out of it from the concussion/hospital grade painkillers so didn't notice.

All this guitar talk. Did I mention the guitar lesson yesterday went very well? New teacher is a cool bloke. Actually so is the owner of the place which is awesome. Could not be happier with the way things worked out there.

Well my teacher did say it won't take long for my competency to return, at least to the level it was pre-crash, as the knowledge is there somewhere (if it wasn't none of the songs I'd learned would have come back) we just need to find it. The hard work comes when we start trying to improve my playing and fix a couple of technical issues that will otherwise hinder my playing: my hand slants too far forward and my ring and pinky fingers don't come straight down on the strings so obviously I'm deadening the ones below. The slanted hand position also means I'm not getting enouch pressure when playing bar chords.