What's on your mind?

Apoc

Both! We plan to premiere two new songs at that show' date=' a few songs from Abject, one or two from Ingrate, and possibly an even older one if there's time.[/quote'] It's always nice to hear a variation of older and newer work :) My fingers are really aching to feel strings vibrate again. I should get to work.

I hope everyones well' date=' sorry I have not been on much lately, the semester is ending very soon and they always love to throw everything at us at the end.........I also have been hanging out with some new friends:mrgreen:[/quote'] Welcome back :) last time we spoke iirc you said you were sick? I'm guessing you're better now? :mrgreen:

I hope everyones well' date=' sorry I have not been on much lately, the semester is ending very soon and they always love to throw everything at us at the end.........I also have been hanging out with some new friends:mrgreen:[/quote'] I'm sure most forum peeps have other stuff that gets in the way. So we should burn all that stuff to the ground and just talk about metal all day :^] Most of my spare time is taken up by new music projects. I'll post demos and such on the forum if any of you MFers (see what i did there) would like to hear them. Anyway, is good to have time to post and talk in between work and band stuff :^]

I'm sure most forum peeps have other stuff that gets in the way. So we should burn all that stuff to the ground and just talk about metal all day :^] Most of my spare time is taken up by new music projects. I'll post demos and such on the forum if any of you MFers (see what i did there) would like to hear them. Anyway, is good to have time to post and talk in between work and band stuff :^]
Yeah, let's hear some more of your music! What's going on with BYW?

We are getting packed up to leave Japan tomorrow. It's hard to believe that it is already been 15 days here. We have had a great trip and seen so many gardens' date=' temples and shrines. Back to the desolate snowy wastelands of Maine. See you all yesterday.[/quote'] You're so lucky you got to go. Glad you had a good time. Did your daughter enjoy herself too?

I am such a woman sometimes! :D My bf bought me a beautiful blue kind of navy dress for my birthday (which is in 3 weeks but the gift arrived early so he didn't want to wait) and I am the happiest creature right now! :D I am sorry I'm neglecting you guys but I have a really fucked up exam tomorrow so my brain is cooked :/

I am such a woman sometimes! :D My bf bought me a beautiful blue kind of navy dress for my birthday (which is in 3 weeks but the gift arrived early so he didn't want to wait) and I am the happiest creature right now! :D I am sorry I'm neglecting you guys but I have a really fucked up exam tomorrow so my brain is cooked :/
Yes, only females get excited about receiving gifts. :D

I can't believe I have gotten to that age where I think the newer music kids listen to sucks.
That's an easy trap to fall into. If you're looking for new music for yourself, there really are tons of newer bands that you could check out, and most likely plenty of music you haven't heard yet from the eras you prefer. Your posts honestly make me think you're having a knee-jerk reaction to a handful of things that turned you off initially. And a lot of the younger people I know are very open-minded, broad listeners; it seems to be people in their upper thirties and forties whose opinions have hardened. I went through an "everything new sucks" phase myself. The only way out for me is a steady diet of new music - and not just metal - while remembering to give myself a chance to fall in love with it. When I find an album I like, I play it to death whenever possible.

I can't believe I have gotten to that age where I think the newer music kids listen to sucks.
I would think that as a metal fan, you would be saying that about most any generation, your own included. Think back to the 80's, how was the climate? Tons of vapid pop garbage eating up the mainstream focus, a couple of more credible artists receive some crossover appeal, all while the best music sits right under the nose of the general public. This has never changed, the only thing that has is specifics, it doesn't matter what genre it is. Any time that you feel detached from the modern era and feel like clinging to nostalgia (not saying that's a bad thing), just keep that in mind. As Alabaster said, there's bound to be a ton that you glossed over from a specific sound or era that you missed initially, and while there will never again be the abundance of quality that there was of said sound during its explosion, you can't throw the baby out with the bathwater when it comes to new artists. You have to dig to find gems, they don't just sit up and beg to be plucked from the surface. Now that the more broad portion of my stance has been defined, what is your poison specifically? I can pretty well guarantee that I can help you find something past or present that you haven't heard that can scratch the itch.

Yeah' date=' let's hear some more of your music! What's going on with BYW?[/quote'] I'm working on solo stuff as well as a 2 piece grind band with no name yet. BYW is doing quite well, no new songs in a few months but that's fine. We actually have some hilarious pictures from our last show which i will post as well.