What's on your mind?

Apoc

I'm not sure how tech savvy you guys are but a wireless router would do you wonders. Or are your houses just that big? Sent from my LGMS500 using Tapatalk
My router is connected to an old modem from prob. ten years back. Downstairs everything works quite well, but when you go upstairs to connection becomes much worser.

I have the ISP issued modem but had to get my own router. Between my wife and I we have a desktop, 2 laptops, a tablet and our smart phones. Not one is wired. Sent from my LGMS500 using Tapatalk
Our desktop is wired, and our smartphones have the data connections we pay for. I never put my recording computer online. Every time I try to use wireless with my phone or laptop I have to unplug everything and restart it, way too much of a hassle. I have an ethernet cable that will reach into my room, but I'm certain that my son would find it interesting enough to yank around and completely ruin something, so I'll stick with what's working, for now.

Re: What's on your mind?

Our desktop is wired' date=' and our smartphones have the data connections we pay for. I never put my recording computer online. Every time I try to use wireless with my phone or laptop I have to unplug everything and restart it, way too much of a hassle. I have an ethernet cable that will reach into my room, but I'm certain that my son would find it interesting enough to yank around and completely ruin something, so I'll stick with what's working, for now.[/quote'] I don't blame you, by all means go with what works. I am curious though, what are the specs in your recording computer? Sent from my LGMS500 using Tapatalk

I don't blame you, by all means go with what works. I am curious though, what are the specs in your recording computer? Sent from my LGMS500 using Tapatalk
It's bullshit by today's standards, but I'm still running eight or nine-year-old software. 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 3 gigs of RAM, one 750G hard drive, running XP. I set up a system with Win7 but it wasn't as stable, so I didn't bother recording much with it. The real difference in sound came with a better interface - I went from an M-Audio 2496 PCI card to a Focusrite Saffire Pro40. Not "professional" gear, but it's clear and has plenty of headroom. Newer stuff has more capabilities and slicker interfaces, but it doesn't actually sound better. I will have to upgrade at some point, but right now I'd rather just mirror this drive, build a redundant array, and keep going with it.

It's bullshit by today's standards, but I'm still running eight or nine-year-old software. 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 3 gigs of RAM, one 750G hard drive, running XP. I set up a system with Win7 but it wasn't as stable, so I didn't bother recording much with it. The real difference in sound came with a better interface - I went from an M-Audio 2496 PCI card to a Focusrite Saffire Pro40. Not "professional" gear, but it's clear and has plenty of headroom. Newer stuff has more capabilities and slicker interfaces, but it doesn't actually sound better. I will have to upgrade at some point, but right now I'd rather just mirror this drive, build a redundant array, and keep going with it.
Ah, I figured recording (maybe not studio but something better than using a web cam and sound recorder) demanded some hardcore hardware. Other than the operating system you're re still in good condition. Sent from my LGMS500 using Tapatalk

Ah, I figured recording (maybe not studio but something better than using a web cam and sound recorder) demanded some hardcore hardware. Other than the operating system you're re still in good condition. Sent from my LGMS500 using Tapatalk
Nope, good recordings were made on worse systems. Mine was a "budget" system five years ago. I actually prefer XP to 7 for the software I have, and I really can't be bothered with the upgrade process. I've already done that a couple of times and I'm not interested. I know XP has reached its EOL, but since I don't go online or use new software on my recording machine, it doesn't matter so much. The best upgrade I could make right now is a new hard drive.

Nope' date=' good recordings were made on worse systems. Mine was a "budget" system five years ago. I actually prefer XP to 7 for the software I have, and I really can't be bothered with the upgrade process. I've already done that a couple of times and I'm not interested. I know XP has reached its EOL, but since I don't go online or use new software on my recording machine, it doesn't matter so much. The best upgrade I could make right now is a new hard drive.[/quote'] I like 7 but if it wasn't available or practical like in your situation, I'd be all about XP too. I don't even acknowledge Vista. I imagine you mean upgrade the storage capacity of your hard drive. Internal SATA drives are pretty cheap, even in the 1-2TB range are reasonable now. I too got a bargain system a few years back, but I've upgraded everything except the CPU and hard drive. That'll change soon though. Sent from my LGMS500 using Tapatalk

I like 7 but if it wasn't available or practical like in your situation, I'd be all about XP too. I don't even acknowledge Vista. I imagine you mean upgrade the storage capacity of your hard drive. Internal SATA drives are pretty cheap, even in the 1-2TB range are reasonable now. I too got a bargain system a few years back, but I've upgraded everything except the CPU and hard drive. That'll change soon though. Sent from my LGMS500 using Tapatalk
:lol: Vista Bwahahahahaaa! Actually, I like 7 for general use, even if it is a bit more "Mac-like". But the recording machine bluescreened running 7 a few times, and I didn't trust it. I have good mixes happening now, and I'm ok with my software. The minute I start going for an OS upgrade, I'm shooting in the dark. I'm fine with a 750, I haven't hit my storage capacity yet. I want redundancy. And the drive itself is about five years old - it could fail anytime now. I'd really like to clone my current system on a mirrored tera setup.

You get a horns up purely for running XP, that's what I and my parents use. The university tech people were appalled that I was still using XP when they required me to get an upgrade to run their BS internet that doesn't bloody work. I answered that I used it because it worked and I'd never had a single serious problem with it.

You get a horns up purely for running XP' date=' that's what I and my parents use. The university tech people were appalled that I was still using XP when they required me to get an upgrade to run their BS internet that doesn't bloody work. I answered that I used it because it worked and I'd never had a single serious problem with it.[/quote'] XP is great. I'm a bit sad they won't support it anymore but it doesn't make much difference to me. As long as I keep using the same software, I'm all set! For that matter it took me quite a while to upgrade from win2000 professional. I like new software and gadgets, conceptually, but I dislike the upgrade cycle with its planned obsolescence, and I'm very conservative with my recording machine. Win8, ugh. I know at some point I'll be forced to upgrade to 7, but I plan to skip 8 entirely. If I wasn't such a committed Windows user in terms of hardware compatibility, I'd probably switch to Linux at that point.

They do some when they go to their Uncle's' date=' who is a huge fan. He plays old matches for them too. I used to watch it all the time in the 90's to the early 2000's with my brother only cause I made him watch Days of our Lives lol (which I don't anymore either)[/quote'] Get the wwe network you have to download the app it's 9.99 for 6 months. They have lots of old and. New. Plus 12 ppvs also you can watch it on the labtop