What's on your mind?

Apoc

The yard work never fucking ends. The Mrs. had her abscessed tooth extracted on Friday, so I took the day off work to take care of the kids and her while she's recovering. Of course, that's the time when my youngest happens to get sick and projectile vomit like Linda Blair on The Exorcist, and then neither of the kids slept that night, but the yard work must go on. Weeding, weeding, taking the lawnmower to get serviced when it doesn't start, mowing, more weeding, tilling, fertilizing, buying and stacking bags of mulch and rocks for when weeding the planters has concluded, and yes, more weeding. I'm exhausted. Practice was productive today though, and the recording turned out better than I thought it would, so I'll be sending it to Cody to commence with the album art shortly. It's about time too, I needed a silver lining.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Sounds like you've been busy then. Wish I could say the same. I've got a job interview next week so that's something. As so often happens with me though there's a negative coming up: I've been fucking exhausted all weekend for no reason. Like I've gotten plenty of sleep and just get more tired with each day that passes.

Got pretty warm here too, last couple of days have been in the eighties. I'm on a bike ride before I pick up my son from school, thankful the trail is shaded. I don't do well in the heat but this is manageable.

It looks like I will be able to go see Demilich, Blood Incantation, and Artificial Brain tonight, which is just amazing enough that I won't quite believe it until I'm in the door. I'm already exhausted so I'm not looking forward to the two-hour late night drive home, but I'm still stoked.

2 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Got pretty warm here too, last couple of days have been in the eighties. I'm on a bike ride before I pick up my son from school, thankful the trail is shaded. I don't do well in the heat but this is manageable.

It looks like I will be able to go see Demilich, Blood Incantation, and Artificial Brain tonight, which is just amazing enough that I won't quite believe it until I'm in the door. I'm already exhausted so I'm not looking forward to the two-hour late night drive home, but I'm still stoked.

That’s cool have a great time alabaster 

Holy shit. Demilich was so, so good. They were tight and confident, and all the little nuances from the recordings were right there - not just the tempo changes and off-kilter grooves, but all the expressive flair that brings the music to life. The tone and feel were perfect. Impeccable set. If you have a chance to see them, do it.

Holy shit. Demilich was so, so good. They were tight and confident, and all the little nuances from the recordings were right there - not just the tempo changes and off-kilter grooves, but all the expressive flair that brings the music to life. The tone and feel were perfect. Impeccable set. If you have a chance to see them, do it.
They were easily the top band at MDF 2015, and with the strength of that lineup, it's no small feat to be the best. It was like watching the album tracks in real life with fuller sound, so tight was their playing and delivery. The atmosphere was spot on too, which can't be easy with that kind of music.

Glad that Blood Incantation made a good impression on you live too. I saw them live before I heard that recordings, so that's the memory that stuck most for me. Even after hearing and loving the recordings, I'll agree that they're best enjoyed in the live setting. Did Paul launch into any of his crazy conspiracy BS on stage? At least he's entertaining when he does.

Just now, BlutAusNerd said:

They were easily the top band at MDF 2015, and with the strength of that lineup, it's no small feat to be the best. It was like watching the album tracks in real life with fuller sound, so tight was their playing and delivery. The atmosphere was spot on too, which can't be easy with that kind of music.

Glad that Blood Incantation made a good impression on you live too. I saw them live before I heard that recordings, so that's the memory that stuck most for me. Even after hearing and loving the recordings, I'll agree that they're best enjoyed in the live setting. Did Paul launch into any of his crazy conspiracy BS on stage? At least he's entertaining when he does.

That's exactly what Demilich was like, yeah, the performance was like a better version of the album. Gives me even more respect for that recording, too. Antti is a goofball.

And yes, we got just a little taste of the crazy from the Blood Incantation guy. He started talking about how the door was marked as an exit, but the other side of it was an entrance, and how birth and death were just two sides of the same door, and so that's what this next song is about, it's about where humans really come from, and what happens to us afterwards, 6000 years something something. 

That's exactly what Demilich was like, yeah, the performance was like a better version of the album. Gives me even more respect for that recording, too. Antti is a goofball.
And yes, we got just a little taste of the crazy from the Blood Incantation guy. He started talking about how the door was marked as an exit, but the other side of it was an entrance, and how birth and death were just two sides of the same door, and so that's what this next song is about, it's about where humans really come from, and what happens to us afterwards, 6000 years something something. 
Antti is a goofball, he made a few funny jokes at MDF as well. When we went looking for Demilich merch in the merch area before their set, all that we could find were XXXL sized shirts, and he said on stage that they brought some things that their "biggest" fans would enjoy, lol. Later in the set, he said "this next song is called (Within) the Chamber of Whispering Eyes, but we didn't learn until after we wrote the song that it meant vagina's".

Paul had tons of them on stage when they played here, and even though it's odd to me that he truly believes all of that shit, it was really entertaining. He talked about how the Denver airport has a series of underground tunnels beneath the airport, one of which has a train that runs from under the airport to under the Salt Lake Mormon Temple, and how innerspace is even more vast than outer space. He also introduced one song saying "this next song is about portals. Do you guys like portals?" I was dying, haha!

So everyone is out at a 40th birthday party shindig except me who is home with children-supervision duties with a sleepover going on in the dungeon, with not much sleeping taking place. I can hear intermittent screams that are either the children having fun or local villagers being killed. Probably the latter, although I'm not going down the other end of the house to check. On top of that, my no-good Californian wannabe sister is out partying in Melbourne somewhere and due back later on. 

And my phone is completely psychotic with a mind of its own, and my 45 minutes in the Apple store today were all for naught. It's in warranty though so I can get a replacement for free. God, steer clear of Iphone 6s. They're shite. Incidentally the Apple guy said they were getting a lot of Iphone 10s being brought in with problems as well. Recommended a 7 or 8. 

7 hours ago, Requiem said:

So everyone is out at a 40th birthday party shindig except me who is home with children-supervision duties with a sleepover going on in the dungeon, with not much sleeping taking place. I can hear intermittent screams that are either the children having fun or local villagers being killed. Probably the latter, although I'm not going down the other end of the house to check. On top of that, my no-good Californian wannabe sister is out partying in Melbourne somewhere and due back later on. 

And my phone is completely psychotic with a mind of its own, and my 45 minutes in the Apple store today were all for naught. It's in warranty though so I can get a replacement for free. God, steer clear of Iphone 6s. They're shite. Incidentally the Apple guy said they were getting a lot of Iphone 10s being brought in with problems as well. Recommended a 7 or 8. 

Are you opposed to Android phones? I recently had to replace my Note 4 (which I had for over three years) and got a good deal on an LG V20, which is also pretty great even though it's last year's news. Very good sound quality and camera, removable battery, expandable storage...