What's on your mind?

Apoc

Wasn't that the problem to begin with? Are you seriously trying to tell me Boris Johnson ISN'T shitfaced 24/7? Surely someone who once said the velodrome at the London Olympic Games would be the best ever because engineers were lovingly rubbing it with rhubarb (I shit you not he actually said that in a televised interview and even the serious news broadcasters here couldn't help but take the piss out of him) hasn't been sober for a day in the last thirty years.

That's the frightening thing, he is sober when he says these things/does mental things. Stuff like shoulder barging a child in a rugby match is second nature to him, he has no thought process behind any of the things he says or does.  If it computes right in his brain and fits within the boundaries of his ego then it must right according to Boris.  

CRWzMIKWEAAGeRE.jpg

I got into many protracted debates on Faceache with Brexit supporters who were calling for him to be the next Prime Minister.  Oddly though his ego didn't compute that as being a good move so he ruled himself out and then of course got picked as Foreign Secretary by Margaret Thatcher.  Sorry, I meant Theresa May.  Easy mistake to make.  I suppose we should be grateful Jimmy Saville is dead or I suppose he would have been Minister for Children.   After Mags May got rid of the Climate Change department I am fully expecting it to be replaced with a Holocaust Denial Division.

Fuck, I'm exhausted. We packed up a bit of stuff and came up to sign the lease on our new apartment yesterday. It's bigger than our old place, but one room shy of being a tenable long-term residence, so we'll be looking forward to getting into the bigger spot next year. Then we made the seven-hour odyssey to and through the bowels of IKEA. I found the time spent driving, loading, and assembling furniture for my son, in particular, mildly ironic considering that we had to put his soul in hock to the Swedish god of particle board to afford the stuff. We'll be picking him up at the factory once his apprenticeship is complete. The meatballs made it all worth it.

Many screws remain to be driven, back home to Brooklyn tonight to pack, shipping out completely this coming Saturday. 

1 minute ago, MacabreEternal said:

As if any confirmation of how increasingly nerdy I am becoming was needed, today I started an Excel spreadsheet cataloguing my music collection by year, genre and formatted owned.

Fucking hell!

You've only yourself to blame. It's a slippery slope, though. If you feel the urge to start podcasting, seek help.

Last night was the first night in our new place. The last few days have been exhausting. Got a lot of work ahead of us, but I hope the worst is over. The cats were all hiding in the tub when I got here, funny stuff. I think we're going to keep them stoned on catnip for a while and see how that works out.

Hope you're all settling in well?  

The girlfriend just called me and she is going to have her op on Friday this week, a bit sooner than expected as she only went back to work today but at least she will be sorted sooner rather than later.  Means I might have to bring in the mother in law to babysit as I have quite a busy few weeks ahead with meetings with all my new clients but can always be "creative" with my diary as my boss is away for two weeks from next week. 

5 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

Hope you're all settling in well?  

The girlfriend just called me and she is going to have her op on Friday this week, a bit sooner than expected as she only went back to work today but at least she will be sorted sooner rather than later.  Means I might have to bring in the mother in law to babysit as I have quite a busy few weeks ahead with meetings with all my new clients but can always be "creative" with my diary as my boss is away for two weeks from next week. 

Good luck to your gf! And I hope you don't have to deal with the dragon-in-law. Our place is a sea of boxes right now, hopefully we'll be set up by a week from now when my wife starts her new job. Lots to do! Things! Stuff! Rah!

Best of luci to your GF Macabre. FA I feel your pain. Still have three boxes full of stuff unpacked from my move 'cause there's no space to put any of it. Don't have the faintest idea what's actually in said boxes.

4 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

As if any confirmation of how increasingly nerdy I am becoming was needed, today I started an Excel spreadsheet cataloguing my music collection by year, genre and formatted owned.

Fucking hell!

I've catalogued my albums by year in a word document. That was just to make sure, as best I could, that my album by year lists were accurate though.

56 minutes ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

Best of luci to your GF Macabre. FA I feel your pain. Still have three boxes full of stuff unpacked from my move 'cause there's no space to put any of it. Don't have the faintest idea what's actually in said boxes.

Three whole boxes! Say not so! :P

Here's what I'm looking at -

561470005550117.jpg

It's cool, some of this can go into storage...