What's on your mind?

Apoc

1 hour ago, Dead1 said:

It's just dawned to me there is absolutely not a single super hero who has supercharged queefs ("turbo-queefs") as a superpower.  Very disappointing that a major comic book publisher like Marvel or DC or even Image hasn't run with this concept in this modern enlightened age.  

Wait I thought that was the superpower of that girl from Deadpool?

9 hours ago, KillaKukumba said:

yeah, as much as I want to see more of Deadpool I also don't want him to jump the shark.

Too late for that Orca.

I was 'forced' to suffer through the first one by my late wife one night several years ago, but I'm really not a RR fan at all, and I won't generally watch any Hollywood big budget superhero crap if I can possibly avoid it. I found it quite surprising that so many people actually seemed to really like that movie. Or any of RR's movies for that matter. Even with a bag over his head for much of it I hated it. Maybe I would have liked it a bit more if they'd stuffed a sock in his mouth.

I generally despise Ryan Reynolds...dude plays basically one character, over and over...himself. I can't deny really liking the Deadpool films though, and he was absolutely born to play that role, but they were lucky to get that second film to turn out as well as it did. Reynolds basically had the director from the first film booted off the second because of differing ideas.

Disney being absolute control freaks who continually run franchises face-first into mountains + lead actor who thinks his shit doesn't stink = disaster waiting to happen 

I don't really care one way or another about Ryan. For me he's far less annoying than many Hollywood stars and Deadpool is one of the few superhero/action movies I've actually seen. I don't go for big blockbuster superhero movies so I'm far from an expert, or even knowledgeable on the topic, but I don't think anyone but Ryan could have played Deadpool.

Deadpool is the only RR movie I enjoy. That being said the cracks already starting to show by the sequel, time to kill it off before it gets the game of thrones treatment and retroactively kills any level of enjoyment I might have for the previous instalments.

Also on my mind is the YouTube algorithm, I sure would love to know why I, of all people, suddenly have a feed full of hard-core religious podcasts and a right wing conspiracy theories?

Speaking of Netflix, we've just started watching the new Sandman series. It's visually striking and I'm enjoying it a lot so far. I haven't read the comics in a really long time so I can't say how well it lines up, but what little I remember tracks pretty well. I hope they continue it, must be expensive as fuck to produce.

28 minutes ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Speaking of Netflix, we've just started watching the new Sandman series. It's visually striking and I'm enjoying it a lot so far. I haven't read the comics in a really long time so I can't say how well it lines up, but what little I remember tracks pretty well. I hope they continue it, must be expensive as fuck to produce.

I really enjoyed it.  Here's hoping for a season 2.

It was interesting enough that I now want to hunt down the comics. 

2 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

Also on my mind is the YouTube algorithm, I sure would love to know why I, of all people, suddenly have a feed full of hard-core religious podcasts and a right wing conspiracy theories?

I notice occasionally that things my wife watches pop up on my feed but sharing the router means the Google/YT algorithms will always have some similarities. They can be filtered through the router so that it doesn't happen but generally at some stage something will pop up. What really gets me though is the amount of black metal that gets into my feed, some of it is direct from this forum, a band discussed here, or a video linked etc, but much of it is just random black metal albums. I'm probably getting 3 black metal albums to every other music genre.

2 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

You might buy same brand of aluminium foil, but Youtube still can't tell the difference between buying foil to bake salmon and buying foil to make a hat to stop mind control rays from evil government-alien-Jewish-lizard people conspiracy that secretly runs the world.

Same, same but different.

I think you lack faith in Google/YouTube's ability. They may not be able to definitively say what you're using that foil for today but with the amount of data we give them and the ways it's correlated they can make a pretty accurate guess. And the thing is if today's guess is baking salmon and it yields nothing, not only does the algorithm move on to something else like tin foil hats it also remembers you don't bake salmon for future reference.

1 hour ago, schwermetallschatz666 said:

social media has created this reality where you either play a character of yourself (your chosen aesthetic, if you will), or you have “NPC energy”. 

people used to, and probably still do somewhere idk, have more depth than that. did we really somehow lose all of that to the internet? 

Lots of people still have depth, it's just rarely on display on social media where most people are only too happy to prove to the world that they're flaming idiots, and those who might possess some actual depth stay guarded. To me this is the beauty of a forum where you can interact with the same community of people who generally have common interests over a period of time and not just put shit out there for random strangers to like and give you empty valiidation. The internet, like anything else, is largely what you make of it. But that's easy for me to say, I'm old. I have no need for twitter or instagram or any of that shit so I simply don't partake. But I'd imagine for younger people like you it'd probably be a bit more difficult to live a life completely without the aid (and the perils) of social media. But still my character and I can both agree that we absolutely think it's possible to find people of 'substance' and have meaningful and rewarding interactions on the internet. It's not the norm, and one needs to temper their expectations accordingly. But from my experience it's certainly possible.

17 minutes ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Lots of people still have depth, it's just rarely on display on social media where most people are only too happy to prove to the world that they're flaming idiots, and those who might possess some actual depth stay guarded. To me this is the beauty of a forum where you can interact with the same community of people who generally have common interests over a period of time and not just put shit out there for random strangers to like and give you empty valiidation. The internet, like anything else, is largely what you make of it. But that's easy for me to say, I'm old. I have no need for twitter or instagram or any of that shit so I simply don't partake. But I'd imagine for younger people like you it'd probably be a bit more difficult to live a life completely without the aid (and the perils) of social media. But still my character and I can both agree that we absolutely think it's possible to find people of 'substance' and have meaningful and rewarding interactions on the internet. It's not the norm, and one needs to temper their expectations accordingly. But from my experience it's certainly possible.Precisely, besides it’s impossible to play a character when you can’t see the controller… wow that joke was just plain lazy

6 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

The Internet age has created a generation of people who can only interact from behind a screen unfortunately, gone is the art of conversation. The silver lining to that cloud is communities like this which were much more difficult to maintain going back just 20 years ago.

Its so strange. But at least there's that I guess. the only forum i’ve ever used before was for dual sport motorcycles lol but the platform definitely centers around conversation which is more of a connection than just scrolling the feed. we've lost a lot of the significance photos bc we’re so bombarded with them. 

5 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Lots of people still have depth, it's just rarely on display on social media where most people are only too happy to prove to the world that they're flaming idiots, and those who might possess some actual depth stay guarded. To me this is the beauty of a forum where you can interact with the same community of people who generally have common interests over a period of time and not just put shit out there for random strangers to like and give you empty valiidation. The internet, like anything else, is largely what you make of it. But that's easy for me to say, I'm old. I have no need for twitter or instagram or any of that shit so I simply don't partake. But I'd imagine for younger people like you it'd probably be a bit more difficult to live a life completely without the aid (and the perils) of social media. But still my character and I can both agree that we absolutely think it's possible to find people of 'substance' and have meaningful and rewarding interactions on the internet. It's not the norm, and one needs to temper their expectations accordingly. But from my experience it's certainly possible.

Its hard because people wont even text you back anymore but they’ll answer a DM. i don't have a ton of friends so it seems necessary to keep up with however i can communicate with them. 

id prefer to be rid of it entirely as i get very little out of it. 

49 minutes ago, schwermetallschatz666 said:

Its so strange. But at least there's that I guess. the only forum i’ve ever used before was for dual sport motorcycles lol but the platform definitely centers around conversation which is more of a connection than just scrolling the feed. we've lost a lot of the significance photos bc we’re so bombarded with them. 

Its hard because people wont even text you back anymore but they’ll answer a DM. i don't have a ton of friends so it seems necessary to keep up with however i can communicate with them. 

id prefer to be rid of it entirely as i get very little out of it. 

I am in a similar position in that the a few friends I have I keep in touch with primarily online. The difference I suppose Is I don’t have social media any more so that’s one avenue of contact I have lost.

is I don’t have social media any more so that’s one avenue of contact I have lost.

This is definitely the most positive forum i’ve been a part of, I really do consider a few of these folks good fiend I mean friends.

1 hour ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

I am in a similar position in that the a few friends I have I keep in touch with primarily online. The difference I suppose Is I don’t have social media any more so that’s one avenue of contact I have lost.

is I don’t have social media any more so that’s one avenue of contact I have lost.

This is definitely the most positive forum i’ve been a part of, I really do consider a few of these folks good fiend I mean friends.

yeah i have zero local friends, so anyone i do talk to is through some form of internet. 

i'm glad to hear that. i know experiences vary but i have hope.