What's on your mind?

Apoc

4 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

I know, I know. I'm sorry. It just seemed so likely, and I wasn't sure who to root for in that scenario, because I know you need to feed, and at the same time Dave is such a nice young man, and I'd miss him, and yet he does look like a tasty morsel and I wouldn't entirely blame you, and I know Macabre is too far away to have been the culprit this time, and I guess I just got lost in the human interest of it all. I'll try not to jump to any conclusions in the future.

Ohh FA, the temptation was there, believe me, and I've been soo hungryy but one cannot muddy the waters around ones home and good manners and all that..the invitations have been so scarce recently and I don't believe it is lady like to just take on the streets..so I've had to do with hungry hippos which believe it or not are pretty much gastro friendly despite what you may have heard about Vampyre..I may also pop by yours one night as flights and shapeshifting are now once again on the cards..keep a listen out for me won't you dear..?

4 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Well actually he just speculated that maybe you'd eaten his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti. None of us ever really thought you'd eaten all of him with mashed and gravy and peas, or stashed his remains in the coffin freezer like some kind of a savage heathen cannibal. 😜

FA knows me too well .. 😉

On 5/17/2021 at 7:42 PM, FatherAlabaster said:

I know, I know. I'm sorry. It just seemed so likely, and I wasn't sure who to root for in that scenario, because I know you need to feed, and at the same time Dave is such a nice young man, and I'd miss him, and yet he does look like a tasty morsel and I wouldn't entirely blame you, and I know Macabre is too far away to have been the culprit this time, and I guess I just got lost in the human interest of it all. I'll try not to jump to any conclusions in the future.

I love how the only thing stopping me engaging Dave on a fake romantic meeting is distance.

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Natassja said:

Lockdown easing up here. Nice to see more people kicking about again. Pubs open. Not that I'll be going in any. Only going in supermarkets when they ain't too busy still. 

Things are looking more "normal" here too. It's weird. It's nice for me to not have to wear a mask everywhere, although I'll still be wearing one when I'm going indoors somewhere with my son, since he has to keep wearing his indefinitely. Hoping to still be able to keep people six feet away from me, that part was nice.

57 minutes ago, Natassja said:

Lockdown easing up here. Nice to see more people kicking about again. Pubs open. Not that I'll be going in any. Only going in supermarkets when they ain't too busy still. 

We are still getting deliveries at least until my second jab in July.  On the odd occasion I have been out it has been for a 7/7.30 am opening of a supermarket because we needed something that couldn't wait.  I actually go out more to get cat food and medication than anything for us.

• 2 weeks later...

Had to say goodbye to one of my cats today.  Unknown whether he was 16 or older to be honest as he came to us as a stray.  He'd been battling with IBD already for the past month and also high blood pressure which in the end made him blind and super-aggressive.  Kindest thing to do was to have him put to sleep.

2 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

Had to say goodbye to one of my cats today.  Unknown whether he was 16 or older to be honest as he came to us as a stray.  He'd been battling with IBD already for the past month and also high blood pressure which in the end made him blind and super-aggressive.  Kindest thing to do was to have him put to sleep.

So sorry to hear it man. Even when it's the right thing to do, it's a hard choice to make. Rest well, little fella.

I am sorry for all of you. Macabre, you are a good person for making that decision, and BMB, I am sorry to hear that. i'm sure he's in heaven with his cat food and cat buddies

29 minutes ago, BMB said:

Condolences @MacabreEternal

I lost my eldest cat, Max, a few weeks ago. He was hit and killed by a car.

Its been a big loss for me, especially due to the lockdowns where Max and his younger sister Tabatha have been my only company at home. 

On 6/13/2021 at 8:45 PM, MacabreEternal said:

@BMB I'm sorry to hear about your cat, too. It's really hard to lose one like that. Massive bummer. :(

I'm glad that ours have been hanging on, but two of them are getting on in years and worse for wear. We just had to put one of them on a special diet and thyroid medication. It's been a real boon not having to use half a roll of paper towels to soak up liquid poo twice daily, so there's that.

On my mind - an annoyingly complicated drum mix today, looking forward to my first full band hangout in over a year, backyard BBQ, beer, high temperatures, exhaustion, the Father's Day hangover in my near future.

PS: nice to see you back around, @RelentlessOblivion, hope all is well.

13 hours ago, BMB said:

Condolences @MacabreEternal

I lost my eldest cat, Max, a few weeks ago. He was hit and killed by a car.

Its been a big loss for me, especially due to the lockdowns where Max and his younger sister Tabatha have been my only company at home. 

Sorry for your loss - my cats are all house cats due to a quiet yet high speed limit road outside our house.

12 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

I'm glad that ours have been hanging on, but two of them are getting on in years and worse for wear. We just had to put one of them on a special diet and thyroid medication. It's been a real boon not having to use half a roll of paper towels to soak up liquid poo twice daily, so there's that.

One of my remaining two is on thyroid medication twice a day and she is so perky (for a 16 year old) since she started on it.

• 2 weeks later...

I dropped off some paintings for a group show at a gallery in Provincetown last night. They took my two favorite pieces and a brand-new illustration that I can't even post online yet. It's exciting. I've been wanting to return my focus to fine arts for a while, and it's a great feeling to have an audience - plus hopefully a relationship with this gallery will give me a chance to make it more financially sustainable. It feels a bit weird to have my favorite work out of the house, and I'm ruined from the late night round trip at the moment, but mustn't grumble.

3 hours ago, Sheol said:

That sounds great FA! Sometimes it's good to break familiar circles, especially after a bloody pandemic.

Thanks man :) It's nice to feel a little bit of hope right now. This place is different from the galleries I've shown at in the past; they show a wide variety of work from several different artists on an ongoing basis, instead of having a solo or group show up for a month and then never to be seen again. Getting my work there takes about a 3 hour drive each way, but it's worth it, the town is a big tourist destination and it was completely packed when I was there on Sunday.

Burnt my head today in the sun whilst mowing the lawns, headache like a bitch right now despite lots of water and a fuck ton of aloe vera gel being applied to the skin.  On the plus side, managed to get a hot tub hired from today over the weekend with a gazebo over it to mean I shouldn't burn my tender bonce anymore.

Its about now, half way through winter, where I start longing for 97F, not so much the consecutive days of 110F that we usually get once or twice during summer but high 90's is definitely weather worth longing for. Snow can get fucked, not that I live in the snow, but I live close enough to see it on mountains and that's too close.