What's on your mind?

Apoc

48 minutes ago, Fraser said:

A rare dump of thought from me is why at just before midnight am I sat on my bed next to my sleeping wife after saying i fancied a quiet drink and some tunes... with an empty bottle of bourbon and a deep regret for my choices in life! ??

Bourbon will do that to me, too. And yet for some reason I still love the stuff.

1 hour ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

Three weeks, two assignments, and I'll be done with uni for the year. Just can't wait to have a life again...

Good luck man, congrats on sticking with it. Nice to see you around.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Fraser said:

My Birthday is the 5th. What a joke eh. Hard not to feel hard done by but the lockdown is needed 

I'm sure FA here shares a birthdate with you. Happy upcoming birthday and ikr, sucks. It's made me so paranoid. What happens after this lockdown though?  I suppose this is how life is now going to be..

Happy Year Older Thingy to anyone trying to catch me up in the immortality stakes.

I think we are finally seeing a bit of realism in the UK and an acknowledgement that Spring 2021 is likely to be the earliest point in time that we see a return to some sense of normality.  Without a vaccine there's a huge challenge still but I believe if everyone follows the rules and stays safe then we stand a much better chance of not crippling the health service.  I think that is the important distinction, no one is saying a lockdown will cure the virus and whilst it will most definitely control it's spread it will still mean local measures post-lockdown.  The point of the lockdown is to stop a national health service crisis (one that I believe it would not recover from for a number of years).

28 minutes ago, Fraser said:

My Birthday is the 5th. What a joke eh. Hard not to feel hard done by but the lockdown is needed 

11 minutes ago, Natassja said:

I'm sure FA here shares a birthdate with you. Happy upcoming birthday and ikr, sucks. It's made me so paranoid. What happens after this lockdown though?  I suppose this is how life is now going to be..

Right you are Nat :)

We're not in a lockdown right now, but schools are all closed to in-person learning, nobody wants to have any social gatherings (I sure fucking don't), and there isn't "anything" to "do". Most of the time it's ok, but when I start feeling isolated there's no good remedy. It's a struggle to stay motivated to do anything productive right now. Walks in the woods are a real help. 

I'm looking at 41 with a good amount of skepticism. I haven't gotten to do much for my birthdays in recent years but this one will take "not much" to a new level. It's hard not to feel a bit bitter about that. But, chin up, and keep some good beer in the fridge!

Thank you all and Happy Birthday for the 5th FA, i like to say it always goes off with a bang ?? but will be a quiet one this year

had nothing planned for my Bday anyway apart from 2 days off work and kids were going to be babysat on the 6th so me and the wife could get a good drink and listen to some music at a decent volume. Just felt shit that it had to be the 5th the lockdown started again officially. But I agree it is needed so needs must!  

• 2 weeks later...

Finally took some time yesterday to get back into my Bandcamp account and had a great time rediscovering some purchases in my collection that I hadn't heard for ages after the soundcard in my old PC gave up the ghost a couple of years back.  Might get them downloaded to this PC and get a Windows Player library going.

Some significant releases in here from Blut Aus Nord, Demigod, Antediluvian and Furia to mention but a few.  Nice to feel like I found some old records without having to get up off my ass to find them.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally found work in my area like I was talking with @MacabreEternalI've been unemployed for so many months damn I was starting to get desperate.. it's really a relief for me right now ? The C Virus is hitting hard in Brazil still cases happening til this very day... unbelievable!! hope everyone is alright!! Stay safe!!!

1 hour ago, Athame said:

I finally found work in my area like I was talking with @MacabreEternalI've been unemployed for so many months damn I was starting to get desperate.. it's really a relief for me right now ? The C Virus is hitting hard in Brazil still cases happening til this very day... unbelievable!! hope everyone is alright!! Stay safe!!!

Hey, that's good news.  Knew something would come up eventually, best of luck with that.  We just announced a timeline here in the UK to come out of lockdown progressively by the start of July as the vaccine makes a positive effect.  Stay safe mate.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn... I had a business partner get really flaky and back out of a contract we were going after and it was pretty much ours. It just got to where everything had to be on their terms, they got to be uncommunicative, paranoid, they had all these personal problems but couldn't talk about it and were unavailable constantly, I was an asshole if I said anything about it, I took on some of their work to help out, etc. They finally backed out and tried to act like it was my fault. It really pushed my patience far past its limit and I snapped on them. I'm glad it's over with after all that stress and things getting progressively worse for the past few weeks. But that's following months worth of work, now for nothing. Now I have to figure out what to do next. As far as right now, I'm just going to eat some unhealthy food and smoke some fuckin' pot. But hey, at least this happened before we got into a contract though.

7 hours ago, Innominate said:

Damn... I had a business partner get really flaky and back out of a contract we were going after and it was pretty much ours. It just got to where everything had to be on their terms, they got to be uncommunicative, paranoid, they had all these personal problems but couldn't talk about it and were unavailable constantly, I was an asshole if I said anything about it, I took on some of their work to help out, etc. They finally backed out and tried to act like it was my fault. It really pushed my patience far past its limit and I snapped on them. I'm glad it's over with after all that stress and things getting progressively worse for the past few weeks. But that's following months worth of work, now for nothing. Now I have to figure out what to do next. As far as right now, I'm just going to eat some unhealthy food and smoke some fuckin' pot. But hey, at least this happened before we got into a contract though.

Always a bummer when you put in a bunch of work only to have something fall through, I hate that. Any chance you could carry it through on your own?

15 hours ago, Innominate said:

Hey, as you say, best it happened now rather than later. Any chance you can get another partner? 

You do right, just chill out and try to forget about it for a while. 

15 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Always a bummer when you put in a bunch of work only to have something fall through, I hate that. Any chance you could carry it through on your own?

It really is, you just get left picking up the pieces. I could probably go ahead on my own. It'd be a lot of work, but our customer had to deal with me the most throughout all of that, so they're more comfortable with me anyway.

8 hours ago, Natassja said:

Hey, as you say, best it happened now rather than later. Any chance you can get another partner? 

You do right, just chill out and try to forget about it for a while. 

I don't think I could find another partner, but it is better that it happened now. Kind of know what I need to do, but still feel lost at the moment.

Thanks to you both for your understanding. Cheers.

4 hours ago, Innominate said:

It really is, you just get left picking up the pieces. I could probably go ahead on my own. It'd be a lot of work, but our customer had to deal with me the most throughout all of that, so they're more comfortable with me anyway.

I don't think I could find another partner, but it is better that it happened now. Kind of know what I need to do, but still feel lost at the moment.

Thanks to you both for your understanding. Cheers.

Hope you're feeling a bit better today.