What's on your mind?

Apoc

5 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

Turns out I have a Tumblr account.  Who knew?  I really spent too much time alone in hotels before lockdown.

I thought they'd banned that sort of content!

On my mind: in a perfect world, cats would yak up their hairballs before they ate a bunch of food so that the food wouldn't just be forced back out by the hairballs afterwards.

On 8/7/2020 at 6:15 AM, lia_kat15 said:

How quickly someone can be your friend and lover and then turn into a stranger. ?

Sorry darling, here I am. You were always in my thoughts. 

Things are tight here in Melbourne. I really feel sorry for those stuck in tiny apartments. 

5 hours ago, Balor said:

And NOT on the carpet!

5 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

I grabbed her and moved her off the carpet just in time. What the hell, I ask you, is wrong with a perfectly nice expanse of floor? Why must the puke go on things? Cats are the best.

My cat has done this twice already! Ugh. She's lucky I love her. 

7 hours ago, Requiem said:

Sorry darling, here I am. You were always in my thoughts. 

Things are tight here in Melbourne. I really feel sorry for those stuck in tiny apartments. 

**Hugs** Thank you so much. And I agree, thankfully mine isn't tiny but yeah, that'd be torture. 

6 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

I grabbed her and moved her off the carpet just in time. What the hell, I ask you, is wrong with a perfectly nice expanse of floor? Why must the puke go on things? Cats are the best.

My eldest has taken to shitting on either the doormat at the back door or the corner of the kitchen opposite the litter trays.  I think she’s struggling with her age and her weak back legs to feel steady in the tray even though there’s minimal litter in it.  She ain’t getting any younger bless her.

8 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Haha!  I have to do this every other week it seems!

3 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

My eldest has taken to shitting on either the doormat at the back door or the corner of the kitchen opposite the litter trays.  I think she’s struggling with her age and her weak back legs to feel steady in the tray even though there’s minimal litter in it.  She ain’t getting any younger bless her.

One of ours was doing this a lot, and also has problems with her hind legs/hips. We switched to different litter and grain free food and she seems to be doing better, she hasn't misplaced her poo in months. We're saving a ton on paper towels.

51 minutes ago, Balor said:

Haha!  I have to do this every other week it seems!

It happens at least a couple times a week here, between the three of them. Our little darlings. I guess if we spoonfed them a carefully measured amount of kibble every hour and brushed them twice daily we could avoid all this hassle.

On 8/9/2020 at 7:20 AM, MacabreEternal said:

Never mind your children, how is your cat going? 

The Melbourne lockdown continues, unrelentingly, emphatically. Nothing really to report here except that metal is proving to be quite the balm against existential ills. Metal and wine, that is. 

Today I watched two and a half hours of the Iron Maiden documentary on youtube, and I was hooked with every second. It's the 'Early Years' documentary, and it's just fascinating. 

I love Maiden, but I also love behind the scenes material. I still have part three to go! 

After spending 5 hours staining the decking yesterday the last thing I needed last night was a party at a house down the road keeping me awake until gone 2am.  Decking looking good though and it dried out well before the rain hit in the early hours.  Today will involve zero effort being put into anything beyond music, Hitman Absolution and maybe an album review or two.

• 1 month later...

We're on our second day of my son's "remote learning" at the alabaster household and it's kind of a fucking nightmare. I'm really happy I got done with the sidewalk painting project the day before this started, because I don't think I'd have room in my life for both. Maybe at some point everyone will get the hang of it, and I'll be able to stop being the computer operator/therapist/hall monitor/chef/entertainer? Maybe? At least it's cool and cloudy, love the weather right now.

Lockdown is more or less back here, all regions in the North West UK are under some kind of restrictions.  The delicate balancing act between saving the economy and saving people’s lives is still heavily in favour of the former though and it makes the restrictions seem ridiculous and flimsy.

8 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

New desktop PC arrived yday and I now have a PC with a soundcard that works (there was masses of other things wrong with the old pc as well as a lack of soundcard though).  Life made good by the little things.

Having functioning modern technology is great, but I dread the day I have to replace my recording computer and update all of the software. I may even have to buy a new recording interface. Whenever it happens it's going to be a few hundred bucks I don't have to spare... Yay. 

13 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Having functioning modern technology is great, but I dread the day I have to replace my recording computer and update all of the software. I may even have to buy a new recording interface. Whenever it happens it's going to be a few hundred bucks I don't have to spare... Yay. 

Hear ya here.  This is our last major purchase until we become a double income family again.  Glad we managed to get it done before we start to feel the real pinch of only one wage hitting the bank on payday.  With renewed COVID restrictions the job market isn’t picking up anytime soon.

• 2 weeks later...