What's on your mind?

Apoc

Just checked my notifications: more reactions than the time I took that anaphylactic group to the peanut factory. 

Beautiful clear evening in Melbourne. Couple of white wines. Kreator on the headphones. Then down to the beach house tomorrow afternoon to see what they're all up to. Hopefully they're listening to Kreator and drinking wine. Doubt it though...

8 hours ago, ChainsawAkimbo said:

I think i might have expressed myself bit.. unclearly now that i read it again.

(Full) moon is an absolutely stunning thing, and full of mystery that has captivated human thoughts through our entire existense. You can get seriously mesmerized by it, from its function (entire universe does that to me really) to the eerie visual treat it offers. It was just the eclipse part that was rather disappointing, i was hoping for this feeling of unease in my stomach which ie. (near) total solar eclipse will give me.. but there was none of that. 

Yes! The Moon is such an influence on so many things in nature, it always leaves me in complete awe. Moonbathing is an interesting thing to look into if you have not heard, also you can really feel the calming effect on your mind and body. In my opinion also helps the regulation of womens cycles, so much so that I know what to expect on a full moon! although peoples opinion tends to differ on the subject, in my experience it seems to definitely have some influence.

1 hour ago, Natassja said:

Yes! The Moon is such an influence on so many things in nature, it always leaves me in complete awe. Moonbathing is an interesting thing to look into if you have not heard, also you can really feel the calming effect on your mind and body. In my opinion also helps the regulation of womens cycles, so much so that I know what to expect on a full moon! although peoples opinion tends to differ on the subject, in my experience it seems to definitely have some influence.

As much as I'm not into the "wooooo, moon magic" aspect of it, I've noticed that the moon seems to have an effect on me as well - a full moon and the days around it seem to coincide with either more effortless creativity, or aimlessness and depression. It's been that way for a long time. No idea why... maybe it's just a story I tell myself when I happen to feel either creative or depressed and walk outside and see a full moon, it's not like I don't feel those things at other times. But it's my story and I'm sticking to it. ?

3 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

As much as I'm not into the "wooooo, moon magic" aspect of it, I've noticed that the moon seems to have an effect on me as well - a full moon and the days around it seem to coincide with either more effortless creativity, or aimlessness and depression. It's been that way for a long time. No idea why... maybe it's just a story I tell myself when I happen to feel either creative or depressed and walk outside and see a full moon, it's not like I don't feel those things at other times. But it's my story and I'm sticking to it. ?

You are right! It definitely does have an effect, I'm quite a sensitive person and tensions or anxieties seem to resolve at full moon, it is quite odd really but I definitely feel it so I'm totally going along with your story :)

3 hours ago, Natassja said:

You are right! It definitely does have an effect, I'm quite a sensitive person and tensions or anxieties seem to resolve at full moon, it is quite odd really but I definitely feel it so I'm totally going along with your story :)

My best work is done by moonlight.  Not so good at reducing tensions or anxieties though, once people realise I am taking their souls things get pretty screamy if I am honest.

On 1/13/2020 at 10:47 AM, ChainsawAkimbo said:

We actually have a common term in Finland for the effects moon has. It´s called Kuuhulluus (Moon craziness), and a person who is prone to this is called Kuuhullu (Moon crazy). ?

So do we in English, it’s called being a lunatic as in luna/moon.

Some people (who?) was thought the moon made people crazy back in the day. Because when it’s cold and when it’s dark the freezing moon can obsess people... back in the day. 

There’s also a term called “moon-calf” that isn’t used much today but was big back in the early modern period apparently. 

Also I’ve left my laptop down the coast, dang it. First world problems I guess, but still... I have to type on this damn telephone. 

22 minutes ago, Requiem said:

Some people (who?) was thought the moon made people crazy back in the day. Because when it’s cold and when it’s dark the freezing moon can obsess people... back in the day. 

There’s also a term called “moon-calf” that isn’t used much today but was big back in the early modern period apparently. 

Also I’ve left my laptop down the coast, dang it. First world problems I guess, but still... I have to type on this damn telephone. 

Oh right, of course. I was trying to think the english equivalent but couldn't come up with anything, silly me. I guess google would have helped. ?

13 minutes ago, FatherAlabaster said:

This is a great point, but nobody uses it literally anymore. 

Team Kuuhulluus represent.

Yup, "Kuuhulluus" is indeed still commonly used and it's used only in its literal sense.

14 minutes ago, ChainsawAkimbo said:

Oh right, of course. I was trying to think the english equivalent but couldn't come up with anything, silly me. I guess google would have helped. ?

Yup, "Kuuhulluus" is indeed still commonly used and it's used only in its literal sense.

I don’t think it warranted an actual google search hahaha. 

Good old Finland. It’s the country that keeps giving. 

9 hours ago, Requiem said:

The answer can always be found at one's fingertips. So true of lunacy it is that the measure of a moonward mind can be revealed simply by looking at one's lunulae. If you're waxing full on all five, you can be sure the dark side of the moon is at hand, portending to palmystic prophecy than presence of pretense.

Of course, this differs greatly from the silvering of senility that steals in with senescence. But what about children whose moons shine brightest? Naturally, what orbits the minds of children is a type of lunacy; only their immature minds lack the means to mine magic from moons.

But I speak only of trve lunacy.

6 hours ago, True Belief said:

My son is in his first Karate class tonight. I’m very excited. I hope he loves it. And ‘gets’ it.

Wax on, wax off.

It was a Sunday worthy of mention. 

The dark god True Belief and I went to a suburban venue that was showing the Conor McGregor v Cowboy Cerrone UFC match.

We thought it could go either way really, and of course couldn't believe it when McGregor won in 40 seconds! Just amazing. 

Incredible! 

Well let's get the bad news out of the way first: I'm on anti-inflammatories to try and settle down a shoulder injury and if the course I'm on doesn't take care of things then I'll need to have a cortisone injection to fix it.

Now the good news: Flights to and from Japan are paid for. Timed the trip perfectly to fall in line with my mid-year uni break. I'd love to be spending more then just ten days since I'm visiting Tokyo, Osaka, and Kyoto but I'm just glad the trip is happening in the first place.

@FatherAlabaster, I'm trying to send you a personal message but it's telling me you can't receive them. Can you please enable messages so that I can get in touch? It's a matter of life or death!!1one

Also on my mind is that it's nearly the weekend, and I'm all alone in Castle R. Family returns for good on Sunday and we resume normal programming. Metal in the living room? Check. Bottomless alcohol? Czech. 

4 hours ago, Requiem said:

@FatherAlabaster, I'm trying to send you a personal message but it's telling me you can't receive them. Can you please enable messages so that I can get in touch? It's a matter of life or death!!1one

Also on my mind is that it's nearly the weekend, and I'm all alone in Castle R. Family returns for good on Sunday and we resume normal programming. Metal in the living room? Check. Bottomless alcohol? Czech. 

Rats, the inbox was full. It's like we're in the early 2000s. I just made some room, go ahead and resend?