What's on your mind?

Apoc

In all the sadness of this week I totally forgot to mention that I was interviewed for the newspaper this week and the story was printed today in papers not just in Adelaide but all around Australia. So if by some incredible coincidence any of my countrymen picked up the paper and read about a blind guy swimming with sharks...well my first question would be why are you reading newspapers in 2019?

55 minutes ago, Requiem said:

Just went to tap ‘The Fall of Hearts’ into the now playing thread, and after I’d typed ‘The’ it offered me ‘Shadowthrone’ as an auto fill. 

I love you portable telephone. 

My phone doesn't get me at all. I keep on having to retrain it on all the classics. And yesterday I was texting my wife something about it being a nice day for cocoa and it tried replacing that with "cocaine". 

I'm done with feeling sorry for myself and whinging about how 'unfair my life is'. Life is too short for that crap and it doesn't get you anywhere. So from now on I'm going to work damned hard on chasing the things I want, starting with going back to uni to study journalism. Also plan to switch employment agencies in hopes of finding a better job to get me through my studies and put myself in a position to change my living situation. Have plenty of travel plans I'm going to get serious about too. Lastly I'm going to double down on the guitar and vocals practice because what's the point of having cool riffs written down if no one else gets to hear them?

17 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

My phone doesn't get me at all. I keep on having to retrain it on all the classics. And yesterday I was texting my wife something about it being a nice day for cocoa and it tried replacing that with "cocaine". 

By the way, what's it like being "in the canal"? Wet? Or boat? 

Today marks the anniversary of my birth to the sum of 40 years! 

While in one sense it's somewhat frightening that things have got this far out of hand, I'm also consoled by the dark lords who have gone bravely before me into the 40s realm. Those people know who they are, and I salute them. Ave. 

Spent most of the day at an athletics relay carnival where my eldest vampire daughter performed admirably in the Under 9 Mixed Relay Team for her club, making it to the finals and giving it a great shot. A proud father, I nearly had tears of blood as I saw my little killer helter-skelter around the track, strong, tall, powerful. Was I the only person out of thousands in a Taake shirt? Yes I was. 

Last night the Countess and I went out to a great steak restaurant in the city where I was in absolute bliss with the beef. It was amazing. I could cry (tears of blood) just thinking about it now. Tonight, however, will be a more standard family restaurant experience, and I'm still tossing up between Indian and Italian. At this stage I'm leaning towards the evils of Maha Kali and the Indian deathcults (armageddon). Time shall tell. 

I have spoken. 40 years of history echo through my words. Hail to you all. 

The other local landlord tyrants from families ancient and terrible are gathering for a work dinner tonight. I’m having a pre-dinner pint.  

Gotta love the work dinner. 10 or so colleagues all getting together to talk about work. I’m just going to talk about black metal and see how it pans out. 

39 minutes ago, Requiem said:

The other local landlord tyrants from families ancient and terrible are gathering for a work dinner tonight. I’m having a pre-dinner pint.  

Gotta love the work dinner. 10 or so colleagues all getting together to talk about work. I’m just going to talk about black metal and see how it pans out. 

Hey...whatever makes your evening more enjoyable Broski.

?

Why oh why are Obituary playing a Tuesday night show? Trying to find someone to go with is so much more challenging and since they're playing Cause of Death front to back I'm damned keen to go. Guess I have nearly two months to figure this out though...Of course I need to not get picked for blind cricket national titles first since that gig is on the same day I'd be leaving for Geelong were I picked.

6 minutes ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

Anyone care to explain how after a solid ten hours of sleep I'm more tired now then I was last night? Because I don't get it, and there's no coffee in the house to help wake me up either. Guess I better do a cardio sesh and get the blood pumping instead.

That always happens to me if I really crash and get good sleep after a while of not getting enough. Don't know why, but it helps in the long run. No coffee, though... that's a serious lapse.

Tomorrow night is Wolves in the Throne Room, but I've decided not to go as their set is from 11:15pm to 12:25am and I'm not prepared to stay up that late to see these guys.

I have, however, been listening to their latest album 'Thrice Woven' which I absolutely love - I'm really impressed by it. I might head out for a beer or two tomorrow anyway just to clear the cobwebs and listen to some metal. 

Second test with Pakistan starts today @RelentlessOblivion, I think in your city. Go the Pakis! 

Rejoice, it's the weekend for we Australians. 

20 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

Oh Req you truly are a Pom at heart. Seems the all-conquering Australians have another Pakistani pummelling in mind and I doubt even mother nature can prevent a 2-0 series victory. Nice warm-up games for the real series against New Zealand.

I’m pumped for New Zealand. Might even see if I can swing the Boxing Day test. 

Also on my mind is tomorrow’s Christmas gathering of my wife’s side of the family at her no-good highly-successful brothers place.

While I’m not super keen on the personages, his mansion has the original billiards table that was in Parliament House in the 19th century, which I may sit on or throw up on if I have too much Christmas wine. Strangely, I’ve never been invited for a game on it. 

For now, it’s a metal holocaust and I’m about to head into the city to hide in plain sight and down plain Guinness out of sight. 

2 minutes ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

It is at that Req, shame we don't get to play tests in blind cricket but seeing as India just scored 500 in a T20 maybe that's for the best. Psst think you'll find Tim Paine is the skipper these days not Smithy btw.

500 in a 120 ball innings? Sure they were blind? It’s nearly a six every ball. 

Smith is calling the shots. Hail the great man. Paine’s lucky to get a guernsey.

Well your B1 (totally blind) players score double runs in blind cricket and since all the Indian batsmen are B1 they do tend to score crazy amounts of runs. Hell even SA chased 230 inside 17 overs last season, I'd know I played in that game.

Have to agree Paine is captain in name only and with Alex Carey making a million runs in the last eighteen months the old Tassie boy's days are numbered.