What's on your mind?

Apoc

49 minutes ago, Balor said:

Most people are too stupid to understand most things...

So sadly true. This will sound arrogant, but I suppose most people are F<<<ing arrogant, but I'm sick of sharing the planet with half retarded sub-humans like this. I really can't comprehend the sub-human  thought process that says, "I don't enjoy this, there for it somehow is not what it purports to be". Like, if I don't like a painting, does it cease to be paint on canvas? How does my not liking something make that something not what it was? I guess I'll just lump this in with the "not even bothering" part of my brain.

On 11/5/2019 at 4:16 AM, H34VYM3T4LD4V3 said:

Last night was awesome,  loved Blaze Bayleys performance, he's doing a lot better now than he did in Maiden now hes got his own repertoire. Dave Ellefsons band Sleeping Giants was really good they played a variety of Megadeth and their own material. Last of course Ripper, KK, Les Binks and Ellefson were amazing playing Priest classics, they even played Burn In Hell and Hell Is Home from Jugulator and Demolition which I was very happy about.

@Requiem Blaze was indeed a nice touch. I even got to meet him after his performance, what a lovely down to earth guy he is. bought a couple albums and he signed them too. What a fantastic night and it only cost 11 quid \m/

Met the awesome and down to earth Blaze Bayley \m/Got 2 of Blaze’s albums and got them signed :D

Sadly I didnt get to meet Ripper or KK after but oh well, the performance was an amazing experience in itself.

"The sign of the croooooooooossss, the naaaaaame of the rooooooooseee......."

On 11/5/2019 at 1:54 PM, FatherAlabaster said:

My 40th birthday tomorrow! Yippee...? I'm not usually too bothered about my age, but this one has been weighing on me a bit. In any case, my son is off school and my wife is off work and we have a fun little day planned. Been trying desperately to get some work done beforehand... I have a good bit hanging over my head for the next three weeks -- an upcoming show for one band, a long and difficult song to learn for rehearsal with another, two cover illustrations to get moving, and a piece of sidewalk art to design. Look to see even more gray hairs the next time I post a picture of myself.

It's my 40th in exactly two weeks from today. My life is slipping from my grasp one day at a time! No, I'm actually looking forward to the 40s. I guess we have to.... I hope you had a good day and all the rest of it. 

10 hours ago, Requiem said:

It's my 40th in exactly two weeks from today. My life is slipping from my grasp one day at a time! No, I'm actually looking forward to the 40s. I guess we have to.... I hope you had a good day and all the rest of it. 

Relish those last few drops of youth! I did have a good time, thanks. Do you have any plans?

I caved and decided to watch Lords of Chaos since I have the night off. I was expecting it to be terrible going in since the book was a joke but I'm not even an hour into it yet and this movie is such a mindfuck lol. Not just the glaring historical inaccuracies, most of the acting is fucking awful. Like it's so bad I'm really not certain if they meant to inject this much humor into it. Is it supposed to be serious or did they mean to make it sort of a parody??? 

I do think it's fucking hilarious that they butchered Varg's character and Varg was freaking the fuck out about it though. ?

Also I don't think I've ever seen a picture of Euronymous where he looked anywhere near that ripped. ??

I mean I kind of feel bad for laughing about how bad it is but...goddamn...

12 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Relish those last few drops of youth! I did have a good time, thanks. Do you have any plans?

I don't have any plans, and I'm not sure what the family has in store for me. There was some talk with my (dying) bride about a dinner at a nice restaurant that we haven't been to before, but that was the last I heard of it. I'm expecting something pretty decent for my 40 years of loyal service to life (and death!!!!111). 

4 hours ago, Depraved said:

I caved and decided to watch Lords of Chaos since I have the night off. I was expecting it to be terrible going in since the book was a joke but I'm not even an hour into it yet and this movie is such a mindfuck lol. Not just the glaring historical inaccuracies, most of the acting is fucking awful. Like it's so bad I'm really not certain if they meant to inject this much humor into it. Is it supposed to be serious or did they mean to make it sort of a parody??? 

I do think it's fucking hilarious that they butchered Varg's character and Varg was freaking the fuck out about it though. ?

Also I don't think I've ever seen a picture of Euronymous where he looked anywhere near that ripped. ??

I mean I kind of feel bad for laughing about how bad it is but...goddamn...

Looks like my decision not to watch this has been vindicated. And for the record, I actually thought the book was pretty good. Having read a bit on it since, there isn't really that much that didn't turn out to be about right, and I think the carrion-call of haters doth protest too much. 

Still, I don't really want to see Culkin and a bunch of wannabes parading around on the screen pretending to be the artists that have probably impacted me more than any others. 

Well I'm back from Sydney where the sharks decided not to take a limb, I managed to not fall from the harbour bridge, and by happy chance walked into a mall while Aussie cricketer Steve Smith was doing promo for the upcoming series and taking photos with anyone who was patient enough to wait in line. Have to say Adelaide has the Harbour City well and truly covered for both the affordability and quality of restaurants though.

11 hours ago, Requiem said:

Looks like my decision not to watch this has been vindicated. And for the record, I actually thought the book was pretty good. Having read a bit on it since, there isn't really that much that didn't turn out to be about right, and I think the carrion-call of haters doth protest too much. 

It has some good interviews but I guess watching Until the Light Takes Us first kind of ruined it for me.

11 hours ago, Requiem said:

Still, I don't really want to see Culkin and a bunch of wannabes parading around on the screen pretending to be the artists that have probably impacted me more than any others. 

It was so awkward. I still can't get over how bad most of the acting was. I don't think they even read about the people they were supposed to be portraying. And like half of it was just Culkin narrating everything as Euronymous, which was weird and kind of boring. Then there was this bizarre redemption thing toward the end where he tries to "change his ways" or whatever. And what the fuck was up with Varg and the chocolate milk?? I watched it like three times and I still couldn't figure out why it was supposed to be significant lol. That entire scene made no sense whatsoever. The only thing they got right was Euronymous dying in the stairwell but I don't think he would have been chit-chatting with Varg trying to change his mind about killing him and refusing to defend himself while bleeding to death in his kitchen. Pretty sure he most likely fled the second he knew Varg's intentions given the locations of the stab wounds. And I seriously doubt he went down like a bitch like Rory fucking Culkin lol. 

As a film it's mildly entertaining, if you completely ignore any facts about Mayhem's history or the Norwegian scene in general. I was still cringing at how "high school teen drama" it was, though. I was cracking up every five minutes at how terrible the script was. Really the only thing I found genuinely enjoyable was the cinematography during certain scenes, especially when there was no dialogue, they still managed to make it interesting. They also put a ton of work into the sets to recreate places exactly like they appear in pictures, which was impressive. Otherwise, what a fail. ?

39 minutes ago, Depraved said:

It has some good interviews but I guess watching Until the Light Takes Us first kind of ruined it for me.

It was so awkward. I still can't get over how bad most of the acting was. I don't think they even read about the people they were supposed to be portraying. And like half of it was just Culkin narrating everything as Euronymous, which was weird and kind of boring. Then there was this bizarre redemption thing toward the end where he tries to "change his ways" or whatever. And what the fuck was up with Varg and the chocolate milk?? I watched it like three times and I still couldn't figure out why it was supposed to be significant lol. That entire scene made no sense whatsoever. The only thing they got right was Euronymous dying in the stairwell but I don't think he would have been chit-chatting with Varg trying to change his mind about killing him and refusing to defend himself while bleeding to death in his kitchen. Pretty sure he most likely fled the second he knew Varg's intentions given the locations of the stab wounds. And I seriously doubt he went down like a bitch like Rory fucking Culkin lol. 

As a film it's mildly entertaining, if you completely ignore any facts about Mayhem's history or the Norwegian scene in general. I was still cringing at how "high school teen drama" it was, though. I was cracking up every five minutes at how terrible the script was. Really the only thing I found genuinely enjoyable was the cinematography during certain scenes, especially when there was no dialogue, they still managed to make it interesting. They also put a ton of work into the sets to recreate places exactly like they appear in pictures, which was impressive. Otherwise, what a fail. ?

It is shocking that this movie was not produced by Lifetime!

1 hour ago, Depraved said:

It was sooo bad lol. Good for a laugh though. Really a shame they couldn't pay homage to a band and an era without making it into a disgrace.

In this politically-correct cultural climate, paying genuine homage to any 2nd wave musician would probably be a death-sentence for a career in Hollywood.

11 hours ago, Depraved said:

hahaha. Perhaps I need to see this after all. 

3 hours ago, Balor said:

In this politically-correct cultural climate, paying genuine homage to any 2nd wave musician would probably be a death-sentence for a career in Hollywood.

Well yeah, and I also believe society has reached a point where no one respects anyone or anything anymore and are willing to completely bastardize something for the almighty dollar or to fit their agenda.

8 minutes ago, Requiem said:

Perhaps I need to see this after all. 

I'm actually thinking about watching it again because it's so bad it actually makes a pretty good comedic satire but I'm not entirely sure I want to subject myself to that a second time and waste another 2 hours of my life lol. 

(And Rory Culkin portrays Euronymous as if Euronymous was some sort of millennial hipster from California. There, I said it hahaha.)

13 minutes ago, Depraved said:

Well yeah, and I also believe society has reached a point where no one respects anyone or anything anymore and are willing to completely bastardize something for the almighty dollar or to fit their agenda.

I'm actually thinking about watching it again because it's so bad it actually makes a pretty good comedic satire but I'm not entirely sure I want to subject myself to that a second time and waste another 2 hours of my life lol. 

(And Rory Culkin portrays Euronymous as if Euronymous was some sort of millennial hipster from California. There, I said it hahaha.)

I'M OUT!!

Well it's no wonder I've forgotten what it's like to be happy with the shit show that is my life. For fuck sake I just got back from a short trip yesterday and it's already service as usual. God fucking damn did I need that job, was so close to being back in a position to live on my own.

9 hours ago, Depraved said:

Or, as you implied above, people are just too stupid to realize that someone can be a multifaceted figure.  Simply labeling any of the early Norwegian bm musicians as either "good" or "bad" would miss the full depth of their character.  I like to think that despite doing evil things, many of them made an impact on music that should nevertheless be respected.  However, I am increasingly becoming aware that such thinking is no longer allowed.

10 hours ago, Balor said:

Or, as you implied above, people are just too stupid to realize that someone can be a multifaceted figure.  Simply labeling any of the early Norwegian bm musicians as either "good" or "bad" would miss the full depth of their character.  I like to think that despite doing evil things, many of them made an impact on music that should nevertheless be respected.  However, I am increasingly becoming aware that such thinking is no longer allowed.

So what you're saying is, one group of people deserves to have their flaws looked past so they can be understood and valued as fully nuanced human beings with emotional depth, but the other group of people is just too stupid.

58 minutes ago, FatherAlabaster said:

So what you're saying is, one group of people deserves to have their flaws looked past so they can be understood and valued as fully nuanced human beings with emotional depth, but the other group of people is just too stupid.

I would not think it controversial to assert the existence of people who are doubtlessly noncritical thinkers.

I am not trying to say that the flaws of 2nd wave musicians should be looked past, though.  As I mentioned, they clearly did evil things and held evil views (Varg specifically, but several others also).

19 hours ago, Balor said:

I would not think it controversial to assert the existence of people who are doubtlessly noncritical thinkers.

I am not trying to say that the flaws of 2nd wave musicians should be looked past, though.  As I mentioned, they clearly did evil things and held evil views (Varg specifically, but several others also).

There's an inherent contradiction in your statement that "people are too stupid to realize that someone can be a multifaceted figure". You're flattening them in the same way you accuse them of doing to the people you value. I'm suggesting that the people you disagree with about this subject might deserve some of the same mental energy you think they should be putting forward. You won't get very far arguing in favor of depth and nuance if you dismiss everyone who takes a different view as "too stupid" or "noncritical thinkers".

16 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

Today I lost a very good friend and mentor. I'll be taking some time away it's really hit me hard. Stay safe my friends.

I already said it, but, you have my condolences and best wishes.

I already said it, but, you have my condolences and best wishes.
You are right. My argument was hypocritical. I think that there is an argument to be made in support of my general thesis, but I clearly did not make it. Art that could be considered immoral in and of itself/art made by immoral people is a topic I find really interesting, so I will have to think about it some more. In hindsight I was way too harsh and shortsighted.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Today I lost a very good friend and mentor. I'll be taking some time away it's really hit me hard. Stay safe my friends.
I wish you the best. You have my condolences.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

I work with this really flamboyant gay dude at my night job and this conversation just occurred:

J: "Girrrrl, you look so good! You're positively GLOWING!!!"

Me: "Idk why, I feel like shit."

J: "You look great! You're even smiling I never see you smile!"

Me: *shrug*

J: "Really, you look - OH! Did you just, you know...*makes thrusting gesture*

Me: "Uh, no."

J: "Girl, you're lying to me. You look like *leans in close and whisper-yells* like you just got some really good sex."

Me: "Sorry to disappoint you."

J: "You even have that after sex glow. Seriously, you look so blissful and you're positively radiant!"

Me: "I've just been listening to Slayer all day."

On 11/14/2019 at 12:46 PM, FatherAlabaster said:

There's an inherent contradiction in your statement that "people are too stupid to realize that someone can be a multifaceted figure". You're flattening them in the same way you accuse them of doing to the people you value. I'm suggesting that the people you disagree with about this subject might deserve some of the same mental energy you think they should be putting forward. You won't get very far arguing in favor of depth and nuance if you dismiss everyone who takes a different view as "too stupid" or "noncritical thinkers".

Stop being logical this instant! 

On 11/14/2019 at 3:42 PM, True Belief said:

Damn Australian KISS tour cancelled due to Paul Stanley’s flu. We had 3 nights in Melbourne.... good old Req and I were all set for Thursday night and I was going to grab cheap tickets to the final show and take my boy to that as well. Bugger.

Yeah, I can't believe this. First Ozzy cancels his Australian shows back in January, and now Kiss have cancelled too. I know it comes with the territory for geriatric performers, but I was hoping to get lucky and catch these icons before they play the great gig in the sky. I had two absolutely classic shows this year and both have come to naught. 

Now I'm going to have to sit through True Belief putting on a Paul Stanley performance with his cricket bat again. I wish he wouldn't look at me that way in his Starchild make-up....

And it's the weekend! 

Tomorrow there's an all day metal festival at a pub just down the road from the 'metal pub' that I often attend, so it will be a jolly evening/night for me.

King are headlining, that cool band featuring the singer from Brutal Truth and the drummer from Psycroptic who now play melodic black metal and are signed to Indie records. There are about 24 local metal bands playing across three stages. 

I'll be bouncing back and forth between the gig venue and the metal pub to chill and chat with friends. Can't wait. Hail metal weekends in Melbourne.