What's on your mind?

Apoc

6 hours ago, Parker said:

Thanks guys! Just got back from the wedding. Everything went well, and we scored over a thousand dollars in gifts, which will come in handy on the honeymoon. Will post pics when I have them. This is the happiest day of my life.

:) 

Congratulations Parker! Where did you have the wedding, and more importantly, what was the food like?! 

Huge weekend for me. Saw Cradle of Filth on Friday and then Dark Funeral on Saturday. Lots of beer, covert city hauntings and Irish pubs. 

Next Sunday is Bloodbath where I'll do it all again. 

What a time to be alive (and die). 

I'll write a full account of both shows in the Live Shows thread, and if there isn't one, which I'm alarmingly starting to suspect, I'll start one and post the fuck in it. Because these tales need to be told. 

Interview confirmed for the role I was approached about.  Sat a couple of challenging yet still pointless CCAT tests but seem to have passed these to get to the final stage.  Seems to have landed at a good time as I am feeling restless with my existing role and itching for more of a challenge.  This is the cut-throat, deliver or your gone level of job that I have seen others get moved on out of the business from before now for falling short, but that's part of the appeal if I am honest.

Finally starting to feel settled in the new place after 3 months of battling the garden into some manageable state.  Hoping to get the decking a coat of stain before the colder weather sets in and maybe finish off the beds, but internally we have added our touches to the place without breaking the bank and it feels like somewhere to want to come home too after time away.

5 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

Interview confirmed for the role I was approached about.  Sat a couple of challenging yet still pointless CCAT tests but seem to have passed these to get to the final stage.  Seems to have landed at a good time as I am feeling restless with my existing role and itching for more of a challenge.  This is the cut-throat, deliver or your gone level of job that I have seen others get moved on out of the business from before now for falling short, but that's part of the appeal if I am honest.

Finally starting to feel settled in the new place after 3 months of battling the garden into some manageable state.  Hoping to get the decking a coat of stain before the colder weather sets in and maybe finish off the beds, but internally we have added our touches to the place without breaking the bank and it feels like somewhere to want to come home too after time away.

I'm confident you can cut throats with the best of 'em.

Best of luck to you Macabre, hope it all goes well.

On my mind? Well it looks like things are picking up at work but I am still attempting to resolve my pay situation. It is now to the point where I've had to threaten them with getting the fair work authority involved if we can't reach some kind of agreement.

In other news the riff and lyric writing is going well and I now have about three songs worth of material written. There are hints at my biggest influences coming through but I don't think it's as blatantly worshipping them as when I started.

On 9/8/2019 at 2:07 AM, Requiem said:

Congratulations Parker! Where did you have the wedding, and more importantly, what was the food like?! 

We got married at a place called The Crystal Room:

https://crystalroomma.com/

The food was good. Rolls/butter, salad, pasta with maranera sauce, roast pork with stuffing, chicken parm, mashed potatoes, and sauteed green beans with garlic. 

Congrats Parker I'm glad to see things are going well for you.

On my mind? Well my vocal coach is very impressed with just how quickly I'm progressing (forgot to mention that) and more importantly I'm surprising myself with how much improvement I've made in a very short amount of time. With that in mind I'm hoping that by this time next year I'm going to have a few things recorded to try and get a project going.

1 hour ago, Balor said:

I just put in my two week notice at my job yesterday.  I have a new one lined up, so I should be able to manage fine.  I feel sort of nervous and sad to leave, but it is for the best.

My wife just started a new job today after being at the old place for three years, and she felt the same, even though she was way past ready to leave. I had thought you were in college, is that correct?

39 minutes ago, FatherAlabaster said:

My wife just started a new job today after being at the old place for three years, and she felt the same, even though she was way past ready to leave. I had thought you were in college, is that correct?

I am in college.  It is my last year before graduate school, so it was time to really put all of my focus on school.  It was a great experience working there, but sometimes you need to make changes that put yourself in the right direction.

13 hours ago, Balor said:

I feel as though I have finally accomplished something musically.   I just finished a complete noise track that I am actually pleased with!

That's great Balor. A track with noise is pretty essential, otherwise it's hard to hear it. 

Not much to report here. I just bought a ticket to Fleshgod Apocalypse for Nov 1. Lots of shows in Melbourne at the moment of some of my favourite bands.

Just ticked off Dark Funeral and Cradle of Filth last weekend (on two separate nights! I was destroyed), Bloodbath is this Sunday, Turilli/Leone Rhapsody is in October, Fleshgod at the start of November and KISS towards the end of November with the mighty rock-warrior @True Belief

Not to mention the plethora of local gigs in the nooks and crannies. 

So an update on my situation: my work have two weeks to provide documentation I need for tax purposes or both them and I will be in deep shit with the tax department. Also I'm probably going to lose my job over attempting to get the pay I'm owed but at this point I don't care since I will at least get that money.

Ups and downs in my life lately:

Up: Bloodbath tonight for an early Sunday show so I’m in the city sipping Guinness.

Down: Work tomorrow. I wonder if it will be more mergers or more acquisitions?

Up: Bartender just gave me a free packet of Irish crisps. Salt and vinegar flavour. He’s a good lad.

Down: Yesterday the Requiem mobile got a flat tyre. 

Up: The flat tyre was sustained when I was just outside an Italian dining/gambling venue, so I went in and had a pint while waiting for roadside assistance. 

Down: Before I get a proper replacement wheel I have one of those little temporary wheels. It’s small. My car is black. It’s yellow. True Belief says my car looks like a Stryper stage prop. 

Yesterday's unexpected sunshine is firmly banished to the memory banks as today has been that "fine rain that gets you wet" and general dreary and dull clouds.  Nipped out during current dry spell to do more weed killer on paths and driveway and also tested the resolve of my "unstainable" seating in my car by dabbing at some food with a damp cloth and no detergent (I know how to live).  Now back indoors with Meantime Porter calling me to give it my attention later.

Life went from pretty good to pretty bad quickly. It's concerning how fast my mood swings when faced with trauma. Funnily enough, when I am faced with experiences directly, asked about it I don't get any problems or bad feelings usually, though I don't feel the need to talk about it and block off, which might be coping. But when something similar happens my mind shuts into hermit mode and I isolate, binge forums and music and wish the moment where I binge all of it just would not end, as if I would not have to sleep, or rather get up the next day to do some shit before binging again until I feel fine again.

This now could take a while. Did not eat much/enough for days. Don't feel a lack of energy though. Trying to be social at work to at least not fall into loneliness again on top of the shit that happened. Well, even if I would I have friends here who told me I should give them a call when something happens, but oh well, I rather not talk about it in person. It's just some exaggerated reaction to a series of bad shit that will fade and stay away for the majority of time anyways, so why bother. It'll be fine, so whatever.

It's just so messed up because a series of good and bad things happened within such a short time so I don't really know how to feel, so my mind kind of decided to feel nothing instead of switch throughout the day. Though it's the perfect mindset to listen to Xasthur, almost magical.

14 minutes ago, Necturion said:

Life went from pretty good to pretty bad quickly. It's concerning how fast my mood swings when faced with trauma. Funnily enough, when I am faced with experiences directly, asked about it I don't get any problems or bad feelings usually, though I don't feel the need to talk about it and block off, which might be coping. But when something similar happens my mind shuts into hermit mode and I isolate, binge forums and music and wish the moment where I binge all of it just would not end, as if I would not have to sleep, or rather get up the next day to do some shit before binging again until I feel fine again.

This now could take a while. Did not eat much/enough for days. Don't feel a lack of energy though. Trying to be social at work to at least not fall into loneliness again on top of the shit that happened. Well, even if I would I have friends here who told me I should give them a call when something happens, but oh well, I rather not talk about it in person. It's just some exaggerated reaction to a series of bad shit that will fade and stay away for the majority of time anyways, so why bother. It'll be fine, so whatever.

It's just so messed up because a series of good and bad things happened within such a short time so I don't really know how to feel, so my mind kind of decided to feel nothing instead of switch throughout the day. Though it's the perfect mindset to listen to Xasthur, almost magical.

Hope your mood picks up soon mate. I know just how rought things can be when you're in a down mood having battled depression most of my adult life. When I'm on a bad day/week/month I shut down completely and just refuse to interact with anyone.

Oh and my pay situation would appear to be sorted, though my boss wasn't happy with how it was handled. Still waiting on things I need for tax purposes though and have a week to get it done in so could be in deep shit there.

Apparently there was another murder inside a house right around the corner today. Two minutes' walk from my place at the most. I walk by it every day. I kind of hoped we were done with that when we left Brooklyn but I guess not. Obviously we're not the victims here, and I ought to be grateful for that, and this kind of shit can happen anywhere, but I can't help wanting for my family to be farther away from it.

Other than that, I'm excited to be learning some guitar parts for a really good New England-based black metal group, but the guitarist I'm replacing is an absolute monster on leads and I'm hoping I can do the band justice. I'm pretty good (at least within my comfort zone) but he's out of my league. Still deeply enjoying bass, and I'm looking forward to some illustrations that I've done over the past year finally seeing the light of day within the next few months. Longer-serving forum members may be happy to hear that my upcoming projects include a possible cover piece for BAN's new group.

2 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Apparently there was another murder inside a house right around the corner today. Two minutes' walk from my place at the most. I walk by it every day. I kind of hoped we were done with that when we left Brooklyn but I guess not. Obviously we're not the victims here, and I ought to be grateful for that, and this kind of shit can happen anywhere, but I can't help wanting for my family to be farther away from it.

Other than that, I'm excited to be learning some guitar parts for a really good New England-based black metal group, but the guitarist I'm replacing is an absolute monster on leads and I'm hoping I can do the band justice. I'm pretty good (at least within my comfort zone) but he's out of my league. Still deeply enjoying bass, and I'm looking forward to some illustrations that I've done over the past year finally seeing the light of day within the next few months. Longer-serving forum members may be happy to hear that my upcoming projects include a possible cover piece for BAN's new group.

Bro! I'm sorry you had such a tragedy so close to home... it's really unsettling to think there's really no safe place left, especially these days!  After I moved to FL years ago I secured a small shop for my woodworking tools and one day driving down the road I saw a guy running down the sidewalk toward the corner store then I look over from where he was running from and a young black man was laying (dead) with a large trail of blood gushing from his lifeless body into the gutter - like a piece of trash! That really disturbed me as it apparently just happened as there was no one around the body... I sat in my van trying to figure out what to do then a bunch of people from the store came out and headed to the corpse so I figured they had it under control and since I was not the dominant skin color of the neighborhood convinced myself it probably wasn't a good idea to stick around much longer.  There simply wasn't anything I could do and I didn't witness the crime or anything...  I've seen a lot of other stuff I'll spare everyone from reading but just wanted to let you know how much it hurts me to hear someone as yourself was so close to such a horrendous act.  Most people are just evil anymore and they don't know the difference either so what can done?  I've recently had to relocate back to outside Richmond, VA and currently staying at a Family's property...it's out in the country more less and at times during the day all you can hear is an occasional lawn mower aside from all of the song birds and other critters.  It's by far the safest place I've ever "felt safe" at anyway... but in town things happen too so if you find someone to clue you in on where we all should go please remember to share this info with me!  The only solution I've come up with (which is a far fetched bunch of B.S. because it will never happen) is more kids need LOVING parent/families to teach them right from wrong..so when they age they make better decisions in life than to strike down a fellow man or the WORST - beat a child or an animal!  Then there's the mental health issue on top of that... I hate to sound like a fatalist but we're all doomed!  There's less loving parents and families now than ever before and society loves to blame inanimate objects (like guns) instead of focusing on the real issue - mental health... look at the opioid epidemic...  MOST active addicts are mentally off balanced then to add chemicals that over ride their body chemistry and off we go!!  

On a MUCH lighter note... I know we've never met, but I assure you I've been reading a bunch inside this forum and have seen a lot of your posts... but I think you'll do amazing stepping into your new lead guitar role.  I've met a good amount of musicians that don't have the musical knowledge/background like you have and if you apply everything PLUS that, I have no doubt that you'll be UNSTOPPABLE!  RULE IT BRO!!  If/when you get going with your new band and you EVER get any recordings be sure you poke me, if you remember to!  I can get you on my friends online radio network and they LOVE to play NEW stuff, ESPECIALLY BLACK METAL!!!

All the best to you and your family! 

It's been a decade for me, wouldn't be overstating things to say that music quite literally saved my life. I'm just going to leave it there since I'm in an ok place right now and thinking about certain things really scares me.

Anyway on my mind: I got paid finally! Backpaid for 2 months worth of work AND got the documents I needed for my tax declaration. Still fucking hate this job though.