What's on your mind?

Apoc

Heading into the city of glass to watch Korpiklaani. 

5 year old vampiress throwing a huge tantrum on the castle floor which moved my departure time forward twenty minutes...

Eluveitie were amazing last weekend. Korpiklaani are much less enjoyable to my ears but I’m hoping their live show is a hoot. They have about five of some of the best folk songs ever and seven albums worth of filler....

The misery of the packing of boxes and my life being work all day then pack boxes every night and all through the bank holiday weekend has made Macca a dull boy!

Playing lots of Iron Maiden this weekend to help my mind with memories of more positive times discovering one of my favourite bands some 27 years ago. Also helping me with doing some reviews for an Internet acquaintance’s new site which is also helping fill my head with space dedicated to things less stressful.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I dropped out of university. It seemed like the best thing to do. 90% of what I learned in life was thanks to self-teaching, anyway. I couldn’t really stand the “holier-than-thou” vibe most teachers and colleagues had, in addition to the overpriced textbooks and my generally low interest to the academic study approach. I’ll now take stock of my situation. 

17 hours ago, MattCantina said:

Today I dropped out of university. It seemed like the best thing to do. 90% of what I learned in life was thanks to self-teaching, anyway. I couldn’t really stand the “holier-than-thou” vibe most teachers and colleagues had, in addition to the overpriced textbooks and my generally low interest to the academic study approach. I’ll now take stock of my situation. 

Uni isn't all it's cracked up to be. I dropped out a couple of years back but that was due to ongoing memory issues linked with my accident in 2014.

Anyway on my mind? Stress, stress, and more stress. My computer shit itself last week in spectacular fashion. With it I lost 3 weeks worth of work stuff I'll have to replicate by next Tuesday, 6000 words of a short story I was just about finished with, lyrics I've built up over years, and all the music I had saved in my iTunes. New laptop has no disc drive so any CDs I have are pretty useless. The lesson? Backup your shit!

Tonight is the first of three mighty nights of evil where I have the Castle to myself. 

As the wikked succubus and the devilish cherubim children head down to the beach house, a damnable glint can be found in my eye as I make bold and bawdy plans. 

Tonight? Metal and beer in the city of glass at the metal pub.

Tomorrow? Metal and beer and food with His Infernal Majesty, @True Belief. Hail. 

Night After? Let’s just see what the future holds. Nothing wholesome I assure you. 

On 6/6/2019 at 10:09 AM, MattCantina said:

Sorry to hear it, but I can understand. I was in college for something I really cared about and I still almost left several times. I'm happy I stuck it out, but it certainly hasn't translated into any financial benefit. Hope you find a good direction for yourself. One of the inherent weaknesses of a college education is that your path is laid out for you -- clear goals and clear signs of accomplishment when you meet them -- and it can be a weird transition from that artificial situation into the "real world" where the goals and signposts aren't as clear.

7 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

Uni isn't all it's cracked up to be. I dropped out a couple of years back but that was due to ongoing memory issues linked with my accident in 2014.

Anyway on my mind? Stress, stress, and more stress. My computer shit itself last week in spectacular fashion. With it I lost 3 weeks worth of work stuff I'll have to replicate by next Tuesday, 6000 words of a short story I was just about finished with, lyrics I've built up over years, and all the music I had saved in my iTunes. New laptop has no disc drive so any CDs I have are pretty useless. The lesson? Backup your shit!

That is the conventional wisdom, yes, but isn't it thrilling to live on the edge...

On my mind: quite a bit. Too much, even. I'm getting whiplash from the rollercoaster of good/bad, exciting/depressing, inspiring/frustrating shit that's going on right now. I suppose, somewhere in the middle of it all, I'm happy not to be stagnating. On the good side: band has a show tomorrow; there's a slight possibility that I might end up playing guitar with another band I really like; I have some cool painting work to focus on; and I bought a pretty darn nice six-string bass that's going to be delivered next week. Fun fun fun.

1 hour ago, FatherAlabaster said:

On my mind: quite a bit. Too much, even. I'm getting whiplash from the rollercoaster of good/bad, exciting/depressing, inspiring/frustrating shit that's going on right now. I suppose, somewhere in the middle of it all, I'm happy not to be stagnating. On the good side: band has a show tomorrow; there's a slight possibility that I might end up playing guitar with another band I really like; I have some cool painting work to focus on; and I bought a pretty darn nice six-string bass that's going to be delivered next week. Fun fun fun.

Sounds like you're winning to me ?

I've been so worried about restoring all my work stuff I never stopped to think about everything else I lost when the old computer went down, like the doc cimpiling all the albums I've had recommended to me over the years. The old hard drive could have been repaired but everything on it was corrupted so there's no point wasting the money.

3 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

I've been so worried about restoring all my work stuff I never stopped to think about everything else I lost when the old computer went down, like the doc cimpiling all the albums I've had recommended to me over the years. The old hard drive could have been repaired but everything on it was corrupted so there's no point wasting the money.

This was why I moved to Trello for this recommendation listing.  Trello is my life at present.

This thread doesn't get the workout it used to. 

On my mind is the fact that I bought my ticket to Cradle of Filth's show in which they will be playing 'Cruelty and the Beast' in its entirety this September. With the current line-up of absolute guns, it's safe to say that I'm more than a little excited. 

Dark Funeral are playing soon too, and I'll go, but live they always lose any definition in the riffs due to their volume of hyperblasting. It sucks. Still, duty calls and I'll be going. Might buy my ticket now actually. 

EDIT: Cradle are on Friday 6th and Dark Funeral are on Saturday 7th. Full weekend of dark metal for The True Requiem. I could also go and see Devin Townsend on the Sunday night, but I think that's just too many metal events in one weekend for one vampire...

9 hours ago, Necturion said:

Thinking about the 4th dimension and death a lot today for some reason, as edgy as that sounds.

By 4th dimension, do you mean time? That's the 4th dimension, right? 

All I can say is thank our lord and saviour Jesus Christ that's it's Friday.

Tomorrow evening is this community bonfire event for the winter solstice. We haven't been before but my wife and all of her soccer mom friends are going so I'm going to get drunk, praise Odin and howl at the fukking moon. I wish I could vomit blood of those.... people. I may just do so. 

1 minute ago, Requiem said:

By 4th dimension, do you mean time? That's the 4th dimension, right? 

All I can say is thank our lord and saviour Cthulhu that's it's Friday.

Tomorrow evening is this community bonfire event for the winter solstice. We haven't been before but my wife and all of her soccer mom friends are going so I'm going to get drunk, praise Odin and howl at the fukking moon. I wish I could vomit blood of those.... people. I may just do so. 

There, fixed that for you.