What's on your mind?

Apoc

Tomorrow night is Dimmu Borgir live in my city. I'm really looking forward to it for three reasons:

1. I love Dimmu Borgir and their latest album 'Eonian' is one of my albums of the year. 

2. I've never seen them before. In fact, of my many favourite bands, it's really only Amorphis and Dimmu Borgir that I haven't seen before of bands who are still active and touring. After tomorrow night it will down to one band to go! 

3. I'm really looking forward to getting out of the house and hanging out in the city with a few beers. I know I've only just returned from France, really, but I'm ready to get out and have a beer. 

Whatever happened to Blut Aus Nerd? This place is ghostly without him. 

My brother True Belief is out there but too nekro to post. He has sacrificed his membership in rebellion to the life affirming death metal posts made here. Possibly. Or I’m just trying to get a Euronymous/Dead scenario going on here. I’ll take photos of his post corpses and use his post skull for a necklace. 

So quiet around here these days. 

33 minutes ago, Requiem said:

Whatever happened to Blut Aus Nerd? This place is ghostly without him. 

My brother True Belief is out there but too nekro to post. He has sacrificed his membership in rebellion to the life affirming death metal posts made here. Possibly. Or I’m just trying to get a Euronymous/Dead scenario going on here. I’ll take photos of his post corpses and use his post skull for a necklace. 

So quiet around here these days. 

Yeah, the place is really quiet. How was Dimmu by the way?

On 10/17/2018 at 9:41 PM, Will said:

Yeah, the place is really quiet. How was Dimmu by the way?

It was actually really good. The stage show was very cool, although they don't really get out of third gear now that they're old farts. Great sound, mostly great songs although they left out some classics from their mid-era, and some nice costumes/stage design. I give it about a 7/10 and didn't go away disappointed, even with the $80 price tag! 

It was a sell out at 170 Russell though, so packed. Oh yeah, I also bought a really cool shirt. I'll wear it and post a photo when I destroy things with True Belief next Friday. 

You should have come up. When are you going to have a beer with us? (True didn't go because he hates poser music like Dimmu Borgir). 

A bit sicko in more than one way, but never the less...

I stumbled over an article here the other day about zombie bacteria and, no...it is not what you are thinking, nothing to do with corpses going around muttering "Brains...brains...". It has to with ancient bacteria lying dormant in the permafrost which is now warming up and melting. Now I admire bacteria and viruses...they are brillant at finding new hosts, constantly changing and adapting, and surviving and clearly in many cases thriving in all sorts of environments and surroundings. One is almost tempted to think that they might be intelligent, no matter how alien that intelligence might be. And well, bacteria can go into hibernation and sleep even in very cold environments and for a very long time. 

Now there is nothing dangerous about digging up the corpse of a Black Death victim in the most Europe, it will not kill you because the soil is to warm to ever be permanently frozen, which means that the Yersina Pestis bacteria is in the same state as it's deceased høst...stone dead! However in the permafrost in the far north such as in Siberia and places like that the Yersina Pestis bacteria might be just lying there frozen in some corpse and just waiting to wake up. And well with the permafrost melting it might just be a matter of time before that happens! In fact some scientists believe that is what happened back in 1340 when Yersina Pestis turned up the first time, in recorded history that is, in northern Asia. It is said that temperatures rose due to perhaps a tilt in the planet's axes and the northern hemisphere got warmer. So yes, The Black Death will return one day, problem is that it might have mutated in it's dormant, just let us hope not into a penicilline resistant kind. As for mutation: once the syphilis bacteria only left you with a bit of scaring. However when it came to Europe from The Bahamas then the climate was colder, people wore more clothes, were indoors more often,  the syphilis bacteria mutated...and well, the rest is history. 

But then again, while staying in the climate change departmant, I would not mind if the Black Death killed off most of our politicians and bankers. Four major financiel and political scandals carried out by greedy people belonging to the fiscal elite and hypocritical politicians "kindly stop eating meat, populus, so that I can fly abroad on my holidays 10 times within three years" within less than two weeks is extreme even for Denmark and the Swedish parliament does not know if it is comming or going even almost one months after election night. If only boils and sniffles could finish of that lot then, The Black Death...you are most welcomed.

In fact The Black Death was the leading factor in ending the feudal system and the birth of modern day Europe. It might also have switched on a "junk" DNA strand called Delta 13 which made quiet a few Europeans if not immune, then able to survive The Black Death such as one copy of the gene ment you would get ill but recover, two copies meant you were immune. And the gene is believe to be a part of the 30% Neandertal DNA found in people today. But no, I am not getting into that, my hand hurts from typing, and I am begining to ramble.

Just a thought that came into my mind on an autumn's night in Sweden. 

P. S the above is a flipping good example of why you should never ever ask and introvert what is on their mind :D

43 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I stumbled over an article here the other day about zombie bacteria and, no...it is not what you are thinking, nothing to do with corpses going around muttering "Brains...brains...". It has to with ancient bacteria lying dormant in the permafrost which is now warming up and melting. Now I admire bacteria and viruses...they are brillant at finding new hosts, constantly changing and adapting, and surviving and clearly in many cases thriving in all sorts of environments and surroundings. One is almost tempted to think that they might be intelligent, no matter how alien that intelligence might be. And well, bacteria can go into hibernation and sleep even in very cold environments and for a very long time. 

Now there is nothing dangerous about digging up the corpse of a Black Death victim in the most Europe, it will not kill you because the soil is to warm to ever be permanently frozen, which means that the Yersina Pestis bacteria is in the same state as it's deceased høst...stone dead! However in the permafrost in the far north such as in Siberia and places like that the Yersina Pestis bacteria might be just lying there frozen in some corpse and just waiting to wake up. And well with the permafrost melting it might just be a matter of time before that happens! In fact some scientists believe that is what happened back in 1340 when Yersina Pestis turned up the first time, in recorded history that is, in northern Asia. It is said that temperatures rose due to perhaps a tilt in the planet's axes and the northern hemisphere got warmer. So yes, The Black Death will return one day, problem is that it might have mutated in it's dormant, just let us hope not into a penicilline resistant kind. As for mutation: once the syphilis bacteria only left you with a bit of scaring. However when it came to Europe from The Bahamas then the climate was colder, people wore more clothes, were indoors more often,  the syphilis bacteria mutated...and well, the rest is history. 

But then again, while staying in the climate change departmant, I would not mind if the Black Death killed off most of our politicians and bankers. Four major financiel and political scandals carried out by greedy people belonging to the fiscal elite and hypocritical politicians "kindly stop eating meat, populus, so that I can fly abroad on my holidays 10 times within three years" within less than two weeks is extreme even for Denmark and the Swedish parliament does not know if it is comming or going even almost one months after election night. If only boils and sniffles could finish of that lot then, The Black Death...you are most welcomed.

In fact The Black Death was the leading factor in ending the feudal system and the birth of modern day Europe. It might also have switched on a "junk" DNA strand called Delta 13 which made quiet a few Europeans if not immune, then able to survive The Black Death such as one copy of the gene ment you would get ill but recover, two copies meant you were immune. And the gene is believe to be a part of the 30% Neandertal DNA found in people today. But no, I am not getting into that, my hand hurts from typing, and I am begining to ramble.

P. S the above is a flipping good example of why you should never ever ask and introvert what is on their mind :D

Lol that’s good

On 10/23/2018 at 7:13 PM, Tortuga said:

There was a series on SKY TV over here in England called "Fortitiude" which dealt with a virus much along similar lines that you suggest, thawed out from a mammoth carcass if I recall.

In other news, we off up to Glasgow tomorrow after my gf's boss won tickets to a comedy gig that she can't attend so she gave them to us.  VIP tickets apparently that get us into some lounge or other, still sounds like lots of humans around.

15 minutes ago, MacabreEternal said:

There was a series on SKY TV over here in England called "Fortitiude" which dealt with a virus much along similar lines that you suggest, thawed out from a mammoth carcass if I recall.

In other news, we off up to Glasgow tomorrow after my gf's boss won tickets to a comedy gig that she can't attend so she gave them to us.  VIP tickets apparently that get us into some lounge or other, still sounds like lots of humans around.

Have a great time macabre 

On 10/23/2018 at 2:13 PM, Tortuga said:

As for mutation: once the syphilis bacteria only left you with a bit of scaring. However when it came to Europe from The Bahamas then the climate was colder, people wore more clothes, were indoors more often,  the syphilis bacteria mutated...and well, the rest is history. 

As far as I've read, that's not accurate; syphilis most likely entered the European population through contact with Native Americans, who had already developed some resistance to it, and it used to be more lethal, not less so, because our (European) bodies had no defense against it. My (limited) understanding of epidemic diseases is that they're generally more devastating when they first enter a population, and not only do survivors tend to have a resistance that becomes more widespread over time, but that mutation in the diseases themselves tends to favor those that keep their hosts alive for longer and spread more copies of themselves.

I'm having a rough time. I find that I'm always misunderstood and people get mad at me. More and more just trying to ignore the world and only interact with my closest family and friends. Other's aren't worth the trouble. They will just misunderstand me and get mad at me. After all, who would care what a crazy person has to say anyway? But I can't help feeling bitter about, well, everything.

15 minutes ago, Parker said:

I'm having a rough time. I find that I'm always misunderstood and people get mad at me. More and more just trying to ignore the world and only interact with my closest family and friends. Other's aren't worth the trouble. They will just misunderstand me and get mad at me. After all, who would care what a crazy person has to say anyway? But I can't help feeling bitter about, well, everything.

Cheer up Parker you got everything going for you right now 

man I’m so looking forward to Saturday 

On 10/19/2018 at 8:30 PM, Requiem said:

It was actually really good. The stage show was very cool, although they don't really get out of third gear now that they're old farts. Great sound, mostly great songs although they left out some classics from their mid-era, and some nice costumes/stage design. I give it about a 7/10 and didn't go away disappointed, even with the $80 price tag! 

It was a sell out at 170 Russell though, so packed. Oh yeah, I also bought a really cool shirt. I'll wear it and post a photo when I destroy things with True Belief next Friday. 

You should have come up. When are you going to have a beer with us? (True didn't go because he hates poser music like Dimmu Borgir). 

Good to hear, I was busy unfortunately.

The next thing I know I'll be going to Melbourne for is the next Download fest are you or @True Belief going to be at that?

On 10/31/2018 at 5:47 AM, Parker said:

Sorry to hear that. Have you tried joining an entirely new club or hobby group or something in which you know nobody? You could just be surrounded by shitty people.

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:47 PM, Parker said:

Hope things get better for you soon, Parker.

On 10/30/2018 at 2:47 PM, Parker said:

I feel this way all the time too. Except I have no family and only one friend and she lives on the other side of the world. I often feel like I'm a different species from other people because they don't understand me and I don't understand them.  I find most people to be very shallow and selfish, they seem incapable of any sort of critical thinking and they think nothing of stepping on other people to achieve their own ambitions or satisfy their own desires. It's like a rampant narcissism plus extreme stupidity, and I find people's behavior toward others very disturbing on a daily basis.

I have PTSD from growing up in an extremely abusive home, and so people don't understand the way I am, and if I try to explain I usually get bashed for being "crazy" too so there's just no point. My experiences have made it so I view the world very differently from most people, and the accepted way of things, and if I share my perspective with anyone I get told I have a shitty attitude or I'm a horrible person or whatever. So around strangers I am very withdrawn, and I don't like getting close to people. People think I'm really weird and strange and they talk about me behind my back (or sometimes right in front of my face!) that I'm bizarre or a freak and stuff like that...

I've been able to make a few simple but important connections with like-minded people, though. There's really no way to predict how and when that will happen; each time I met someone like this it was by complete accident. I feel like the less contact I have with people, the better.

That being said, I do have some quotes from some of my favorite musicians which have helped me feel less alienated, which I can share with you.

[Translated] "I was always the guy who felt different and like an outsider. I felt that other people had a connection with each other - but I was never a part of that." - Frost

"When you look and think different, it brings out the worst in some people." - Nikki Sixx

Maybe you're not quite as alone as you might think. :)