What's on your mind?

Apoc

3 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

Made it to Loch Ness (feel free to break into my house fuckers - you’ll be terrified), Nessy is proving a elusive but then again we are sat in the pub!

I couldn’t think of anywhere I’d rather be than sitting in a pub at Loch Ness drinking pints of real ale. Sounds perfect.

2 minutes ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

Commonwealth Games on the tele. It's not until you actually have an athlete in the family you realise how insignificant those games actually are.

I think most of us recognise they're pretty insignificant. It's good that Australia wins everything though. 

I still call them the Empire Games. That's exactly what they are, and a rose by any other name would smell as sweet. 

Made a stop off in Glasgow last night instead of driving 6 and a half hours home in one day.  Have to say it is a disappointment in comparison to my multiple trips to Edinburgh.  Although there are some great buildings the architecture is not as widespread as Edinburgh and the street level aesthetic seems to be all poncy wine bars and Ed Sheehan cover bands for some reason.  

Loch Ness was much more calming an experience and Ed made no appearances thank fuck!  It was refreshing to be isolated from the modern world with minimal access to even shops or extensive choice of drinking holes and restaurants.  Should have done more walking but just not fit enough at mo.  A Loch cruise and some museums and a wander around Inverness filled the three days.

Our next trip in July involves a hot tub, a yurt, a tank (hell yeah baby) and our own waterfall in the second property’s boundaries that we will be staying at.

16 minutes ago, MacabreEternal said:

Made a stop off in Glasgow last night instead of driving 6 and a half hours home in one day.  Have to say it is a disappointment in comparison to my multiple trips to Edinburgh.  Although there are some great buildings the architecture is not as widespread as Edinburgh and the street level aesthetic seems to be all poncy wine bars and Ed Sheehan cover bands for some reason.

Well, that just sounds terrible. 

I'm a little bit worried about my future now, as I have to choose what college should I go in, and I only have a couple of months  left to decide (here in Italy school system is a little bit different, we actually call it "university"). I excel at humanities, philosophy and literature in particular, although I cand handle English pretty well too. I'm pandering about this decision from a long time, still haven't figured out the best option. 

4 hours ago, MattCantina said:

I'm a little bit worried about my future now, as I have to choose what college should I go in, and I only have a couple of months  left to decide (here in Italy school system is a little bit different, we actually call it "university"). I excel at humanities, philosophy and literature in particular, although I cand handle English pretty well too. I'm pandering about this decision from a long time, still haven't figured out the best option. 

If it helps, I was in a similar scenario in picking a major to pursue in college.  I ended up choosing philosophy because it combined and can encompass the humanities, history, literature, and the like.  It seemed to me like it took the best parts of each discipline.  Also, a degree in philosophy can be very versatile (many people who go into business and law have philosophy degrees).

As a side note, what specific areas of literature, philosophy, humanities, etc. interest you?

9 hours ago, Balor said:

If it helps, I was in a similar scenario in picking a major to pursue in college.  I ended up choosing philosophy because it combined and can encompass the humanities, history, literature, and the like.  It seemed to me like it took the best parts of each discipline.  Also, a degree in philosophy can be very versatile (many people who go into business and law have philosophy degrees).

As a side note, what specific areas of literature, philosophy, humanities, etc. interest you?

In regards of literature and philosophy, I have some authors/movements that I like more than others, but overall I love every aspect of those subjects, so I'd gladly study both of them. The problem is I'm not very interested in law, nor in business. By the way, how your experience in philosophy was? 

No drums at practice today, but it was still productive. Our bass player is getting into the rhythm of what we're doing, and we got some vocal issues worked out with the first song, so I think the track one is pretty well done. I tried out my lyrics for the second song today, and I liked the way they fit, I just need to finish them. It's encouraging to be moving forward, to say the least.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, BlutAusNerd said:

No drums at practice today, but it was still productive. Our bass player is getting into the rhythm of what we're doing, and we got some vocal issues worked out with the first song, so I think the track one is pretty well done. I tried out my lyrics for the second song today, and I liked the way they fit, I just need to finish them. It's encouraging to be moving forward, to say the least.

Good for you, dude. I miss that. I finally finished an illustration I've been working on, and I have another project coming up, but I haven't even been treading water recently, more just drowning in life. I'm looking forward to hearing what you guys come up with.

Good for you, dude. I miss that. I finally finished an illustration I've been working on, and I have another project coming up, but I haven't even been treading water recently, more just drowning in life. I'm looking forward to hearing what you guys come up with.

I know that feeling all to well, and am happy that at least this portion of life is going well. I think this will resonate with you, more so than the Nevertanezra album, at least.

1 hour ago, BlutAusNerd said:

I know that feeling all to well, and am happy that at least this portion of life is going well. I think this will resonate with you, more so than the Nevertanezra album, at least.

I liked the album, but I'm pretty sure your take on things will be more vicious now that Mike has moved on. Definitely interested to hear what happens, and let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

I liked the album, but I'm pretty sure your take on things will be more vicious now that Mike has moved on. Definitely interested to hear what happens, and let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
It's a lot more death metal than before, and somewhat weirder too. I'll take you up on that if I can think of anything.

15 hours ago, MattCantina said:

In regards of literature and philosophy, I have some authors/movements that I like more than others, but overall I love every aspect of those subjects, so I'd gladly study both of them. The problem is I'm not very interested in law, nor in business. By the way, how your experience in philosophy was? 

Actually, my experience with philosophy is ongoing.  I am going to finish up my AA in about two months, and am then planning on transferring to a university to study it more.  I enjoy it a lot, and am still a bit overwhelmed about choosing what particular branch I should focus my study on.  I hope to become a professor (of philosophy), and have no interest in going into law or business either.

What authors/movements do you find most interesting?  I particularly enjoy reading Dostoevsky, Kafka, and Laozi.  I am also interesting in Existentialism and deontological ethics.

10 hours ago, BlutAusNerd said:

It's a lot more death metal than before, and somewhat weirder too. I'll take you up on that if I can think of anything.

Strip out the death metal elements, make it more rocky and focus on singalong choruses. Clean vocals only. That’s the way you wanna do it. 

12 hours ago, Balor said:

Actually, my experience with philosophy is ongoing.  I am going to finish up my AA in about two months, and am then planning on transferring to a university to study it more.  I enjoy it a lot, and am still a bit overwhelmed about choosing what particular branch I should focus my study on.  I hope to become a professor (of philosophy), and have no interest in going into law or business either.

What authors/movements do you find most interesting?  I particularly enjoy reading Dostoevsky, Kafka, and Laozi.  I am also interesting in Existentialism and deontological ethics.

I enjoy authors like Orwell, Ambrose Bierce, Edgar Allan Poe and Emile Zola a lot

I love existentialism too, perhaps due to the influence of Deathspell Omega. I also like ancient philosophical doctrines like Pythagoreanism