What's on your mind?

Apoc

Oh no, that sucks! We've had to be really careful about flowers with ours - thankfully we haven't had anything that serious happen but one of our cats is dumb as a post, she insists on eating plant matter and plastic whenever she can and then promptly throws up on the rug. Best wishes to your furry friend.

Er, and your girlfriend as well, of course... [emoji3]
Thankfully my dogs have iron stomachs. They eat stupid shit too, but the littlest one only had to have his stomach pumped once when he ate a crunched up ball of receipts. He still eats toilet paper and napkins all the time, but he's never had an issue with it since. The Great Dane ate an oven mitt once and had to have it surgically removed, and after they have it back to us in one piece, he has only eaten smaller things that haven't given him trouble.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, BlutAusNerd said:

Thankfully my dogs have iron stomachs. They eat stupid shit too, but the littlest one only had to have his stomach pumped once when he ate a crunched up ball of receipts. He still eats toilet paper and napkins all the time, but he's never had an issue with it since. The Great Dane ate an oven mitt once and had to have it surgically removed, and after they have it back to us in one piece, he has only eaten smaller things that haven't given him trouble.

Mental note to chew my oven mitts more thoroughly from now on.

Stupid, stupid, fucking stupid me bought Pink Lilies today because the gf is unwell.  The kitten has eaten some of a leaf and the whole of the Lily is poisonous to cats, he's at the vets on fluids and may need a stomach flush.  Not my proudest day, only took my eyes off him for a second.

I’ve got Lillie’s on our table. Didn’t realise they were poisonous to cats. Yikes. Poor little man (and gf). Give him a head rub when he gets back home!

5 hours ago, True Belief said:

I’ve got Lillie’s on our table. Didn’t realise they were poisonous to cats. Yikes. Poor little man (and gf). Give him a head rub when he gets back home!

I thought it was the seeds only that were toxic to them but it turns out it is the whole plant.  Just waiting for bloods to check out as leaving no toxins in him which screw up the kidneys but the fact that he is feisty enough to be refusing them taking his temperature is a good sign.  Thanks, he's coming home tomorrow for that head rub.

Gf is worse today.

5 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

I thought it was the seeds only that were toxic to them but it turns out it is the whole plant.  Just waiting for bloods to check out as leaving no toxins in him which screw up the kidneys but the fact that he is feisty enough to be refusing them taking his temperature is a good sign.  Thanks, he's coming home tomorrow for that head rub.

Gf is worse today.

Hope your cat and gf gets better macabre.  The race was awesome looking forward to rest of 2018

2 hours ago, BlutAusNerd said:

Absolutely epic band practice today, the guys are really locking in. It's sounding better than it ever has, and better even then hearing it in my imagination when conceiving these ideas. I'm beyond elated right now.

Hell yeah, that's awesome. I'm looking forward to hearing it recorded. I just got to sit in on a solid rehearsal for the main project of that drummer I've been jamming with. Those dudes sounded great too, pretty much firing on all cylinders. I really hope I can get my own stuff back to that point.

Hell yeah, that's awesome. I'm looking forward to hearing it recorded. I just got to sit in on a solid rehearsal for the main project of that drummer I've been jamming with. Those dudes sounded great too, pretty much firing on all cylinders. I really hope I can get my own stuff back to that point.
You've done it several times before, I have no doubt Black Harvest will bear more fruit. You up to any other projects? It sounds like I may be recording a rehearsal demo with my black metal project on Thursday.

1 hour ago, BlutAusNerd said:

You've done it several times before, I have no doubt Black Harvest will bear more fruit. You up to any other projects? It sounds like I may be recording a rehearsal demo with my black metal project on Thursday.

Thanks man, I hope you're right. I'd be interested to hear your black metal stuff. I don't know if the music I'm working on now will be for BH or if we'll start something completely new. I do have a few other things in mind - I'm thinking about writing more black metal myself and I have the math-grind project to work on. I just need to make the time. I may have overcommitted myself though; I have a couple of painting projects coming up, and my son has another week-long break from school right around the corner. If I can get up at 4:30 AM every day, I'll be golden!

Thanks man, I hope you're right. I'd be interested to hear your black metal stuff. I don't know if the music I'm working on now will be for BH or if we'll start something completely new. I do have a few other things in mind - I'm thinking about writing more black metal myself and I have the math-grind project to work on. I just need to make the time. I may have overcommitted myself though; I have a couple of painting projects coming up, and my son has another week-long break from school right around the corner. If I can get up at 4:30 AM every day, I'll be golden!
I have to get up that early to hit the gym, it isn't easy. It sucks when your desire exceeds your reach, but it isn't always that way. Wrapping up some projects gives way to others and helps to free up ideas. My black metal stuff started as a way to get my chops up, but it has turned into something that we really enjoy. I doubt many others will dig it, it's kind of a mesh of first/early second wave riffs and weird modern chords and dissonance, but we are feeling it.

4 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

So the move back in with my parents is this weekend. Also it won't be possible to get a loan at present so no chance of buying a place in the next 2 years. Maybe I'm better off renting once I can put all of this behind me.

I know I've said it before, but good luck with everything. I hope you can find some peace in that situation.

1 minute ago, BlutAusNerd said:

Same. I wonder why they couldn't make it? It would only be the 2nd time they played in the US in the last 25 years.

Aaron posted this statement last October, not sure if you saw it.

"I would like to quash some recent rumours regarding the demise of My Dying Bride in the light of our previous statement. We most certainly are NOT splitting up and in fact are vigorously composing the next album right now.

The reason we have had to cancel a run of shows is due to a severe and fearful illness that has struck a member of my immediate family for which I have now dedicated all my time until signs of improvement.

The other five members of the band however are working hard to produce the next opus which will be our debut for new label partners Nuclear Blast and will be released in 2018. I will do my part when the time comes and I can assure fans that it is going to be suitably epic.

Apologies to all who were looking forward to seeing us perform live but rest assured, we will be back!

Cheers

Aaron Stainthorpe"

I guess all anyone can do is be sympathetic and hope for the best, you know? I hope bridges aren't getting burnt.

Aaron posted this statement last October, not sure if you saw it.
"I would like to quash some recent rumours regarding the demise of My Dying Bride in the light of our previous statement. We most certainly are NOT splitting up and in fact are vigorously composing the next album right now.
The reason we have had to cancel a run of shows is due to a severe and fearful illness that has struck a member of my immediate family for which I have now dedicated all my time until signs of improvement.
The other five members of the band however are working hard to produce the next opus which will be our debut for new label partners Nuclear Blast and will be released in 2018. I will do my part when the time comes and I can assure fans that it is going to be suitably epic.
Apologies to all who were looking forward to seeing us perform live but rest assured, we will be back!
Cheers
Aaron Stainthorpe"

I guess all anyone can do is be sympathetic and hope for the best, you know? I hope bridges aren't getting burnt.
No, I didn't see it. I'm pretty much disconnected from metal news unless I see it here or receive word from a friend IRL since I'm not on facebook. That's too bad though, hope his family member comes through.

23 hours ago, BlutAusNerd said:

Absolutely epic band practice today, the guys are really locking in. It's sounding better than it ever has, and better even then hearing it in my imagination when conceiving these ideas. I'm beyond elated right now.

That’s fantastic ban looking forward to hearing your stuff 

today was a great day

No fucking idea what's going on with my living situation now. I've gotta be out of here this weekend but now thanks to drama I've played no part in the planned move back to my parents is off. At this rate I may need to stay in a motel until such time as I can actually sort out whatever the fuck is going on. Incredibly stressed out to say the least.