What's on your mind?

Apoc

11 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

Hope everyone is safe.

Everyone except those who were hit. We don’t tolerate these sorts of shenanigans in the world’s most liveable city. 

It’s a huge intersection in a busy part of the city. Second time this has happened in our city. There are protective bollards up on major pedestrian and tourist sites from the last time. 

I'm just glad none of our Melbournites were hurt. It's horrible that these kinds of attacks keep happening.

On another subject I'm feeling completely burnt out on metal as of late. I don't want to hear it and I don't want to play it. Out of nowhere too. Strange that it's happening now of all times.

RE: the Melbourne attack -

1. hope that all are ok, and that you guys come out of this strong

2. fuck violence and internet inspired stupidity like this

3. I love it how in Australia, the law enforcement are still allowed to make the criminals feel a bit "uncomfortable" about what they did. Saw video of the cops "forcibly containing" the perp 2 nights ago. Here in America, they would have had to get the guy a recliner, Starbucks latte and a free college education....:roll:

RE: the Melbourne attack -
1. hope that all are ok, and that you guys come out of this strong
2. fuck violence and internet inspired stupidity like this
3. I love it how in Australia, the law enforcement are still allowed to make the criminals feel a bit "uncomfortable" about what they did. Saw video of the cops "forcibly containing" the perp 2 nights ago. Here in America, they would have had to get the guy a recliner, Starbucks latte and a free college education....:roll:

Regarding #3, there would be a chance of that happening if the suspect was white, but otherwise he definitely would have been roughed up.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

So I'm out in the country at my parents' estate, Chateau Requiem, and have just eaten my meal, half my immortal nekromancer father's meal, and a quarter of my vampiria infanta daughter's meal. I never thought I could finish off so many peasants in one sitting. 

Mercifully for the local serfs as well as me, we are heading back to Melbourne tomorrow to prepare for Christmas. Traditional British/European style lunch (which I demand) will be held at our house (Castle Requiem) with the in-laws, then I've been duped into agreeing to go to my no-good CEO brother-in-law's $11,000,000 mansion for Christmas dinner. There's something funny going on because I've never seen him and his family this often in years until they moved into this place, but now they keep inviting us over. It's creepy. It's like eating turkey in Hogwarts.

What drunken mischief will I get up to this time? The spirit of Christmas lives! 

12 minutes ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

Since I won't be on here over the next couple of days I'll wish you all a very merry Christmas. What's the best way to do so I hear you ask? Well through song of course so...

Merry Christmas to you josh 

2 days to Christmas can’t wait  tonight is the Irish River dance Christmas show  

3 hour car journey home with one very naughty four year old vampire who is making this daddy vampire want to jump out of the moving vehicle. Meanwhile our six year old vampire spent twenty minutes crying because she asked if she was a quiet and easy baby and we told her the truth that she wasn’t. Now she’s upset because she wanted to be a quiet and easy baby... *sigh*

3 hour car journey home with one very naughty four year old vampire who is making this daddy vampire want to jump out of the moving vehicle. Meanwhile our six year old vampire spent twenty minutes crying because she asked if she was a quiet and easy baby and we told her the truth that she wasn’t. Now she’s upset because she wanted to be a quiet and easy baby... *sigh*

3 hour drive home? That's too much! My mom lives 5 minutes away, so this Christmas party affords me the opportunity to drink my face off with little to no risk of having an issue when I drive home on suburban streets. How was the party? It sounded like you thought it might be a shit-show at your brother's place.

4 hours ago, BlutAusNerd said:

3 hour drive home? That's too much! My mom lives 5 minutes away, so this Christmas party affords me the opportunity to drink my face off with little to no risk of having an issue when I drive home on suburban streets. How was the party? It sounded like you thought it might be a shit-show at your brother's place.

Visiting my parents for a night, 3 hours away, was the pre-Christmas palavar. The main events are tomorrow on Christmas Day when we host a full Christmas lunch at our place then move on to the brother-in-law’s for dinner.

It’s going to be bigger than a 1950s biblical film!

11 hours ago, BlutAusNerd said:

I wish I lived closer to my parents, I only get to see them once every year or two. My wife's schedule doesn't permit any travel around this time of year, so family Christmas is out.

My in-laws came up last weekend and very kindly bought us a Christmas tree - the first proper one we've had as a family. It's pretty great. And my son conscripted me to make a Scrabble set "for mom" last night. Things are getting festive.

25734083_10210588101888664_1936246983327

37 minutes ago, FatherAlabaster said:

I wish I lived closer to my parents, I only get to see them once every year or two. My wife's schedule doesn't permit any travel around this time of year, so family Christmas is out.

My in-laws came up last weekend and very kindly bought us a Christmas tree - the first proper one we've had as a family. It's pretty great. And my son conscripted me to make a Scrabble set "for mom" last night. Things are getting festive.

That’s pretty cool kisnor hope u and your family have a great holiday 

16 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

After Scrabble can you rustle up a homemade Monopoly board and Hungry Hungry Hippo? 

Hope everyone’s having a great Christmas. I’m having a blast here not listening to metal and not talking to these people about their minor personal experiences. 

As part of the 3 man uncle team we beat the kids at basketball (666) and the kids had a nice (nekro) swim. I knocked back (infernal) Champagne, (evil) turkey, (unhallowed) ham, (Cthulhu) salmon, (frostbitten) pudding and all sorts. 

Stay metal. Hail Euronymous. Hail Jesus.

Now begins the three week holiday with the family and the in-laws down on the peninsula.

This is where my sanity begins to fray, as a 38 year old metal maniac cannot tolerate non-metal norms in close quarters for that amount of time. And while the in-laws are nice, they are still in-laws.

So tomorrow is my first sojourn back to the city of glass for two nights to raise hell alone!!! 

Some people see problems - I see opportunities!

Now begins the three week holiday with the family and the in-laws down on the peninsula.
This is where my sanity begins to fray, as a 38 year old metal maniac cannot tolerate non-metal norms in close quarters for that amount of time. And while the in-laws are nice, they are still in-laws.
So tomorrow is my first sojourn back to the city of glass for two nights to raise hell alone!!! 
Some people see problems - I see opportunities!
I feel you there. Even when vacationing in an idyllic setting, I have a hard time being away from metal, no matter how busy I stay. Good luck.

I´ve been sort of busy for couple weeks. Started working at nights to get some more income. I like it, but it makes my rhytm really weird and i´ve had to sort of come up with a whole different routine to my life. Like now it´s 5 in the morning, came home from work a moment ago and now i start working on some music stuff.. sleep at 16-17pm and wake up at 24. :D