What's on your mind?

Apoc

12 minutes ago, Parker said:

I know how you feel. My 'rents are in their 70s and I am dreading having to say a final goodbye, if you know what I mean. It will be emotionally crippling. BTW, what does "frisk" mean in the context that you used it?

Ikr ..doesn't bear thinkin about, man....ah..frisk as in trouble..

On 12/10/2017 at 9:55 AM, Parker said:

So, I saw something in the Now Playing thread that I wanted to discuss, and that thread isn't the right place. Maybe this should be it's own thread. Anyway, Iceni seemed to be saying that he won't give money to Ishan because Ishan is a satanist and Iceni is christian. Iceni, please let me know if I have misinterpreted your words or their meaning. I find this confusing. I could understand with Vikernes, or even Samoth (because he was involved in church burning), but I've never heard of Ishan being involved in that. It seems that Iceni won't pay for Ishan's music simply because their religions have opposing views. I find this confusing for two reasons: 1) Have you ever bought anything from a muslim? Did you know that muhamed raped a nine year old girl? Are you o.k. with that and not with Ishan just for disagreeing with you? Are you going to keep giving any muslims money with this in mind? 2) You enjoy Ishan's music, but won't pay for it, and that is stealing and stealing is a sin, and in chistianity sins make you go to hell and suffer eternal physical pain. Is the future of your immortal soul less important to you than making sure someone who believed something opposed to your view point doesn't get any of your money? Iceni, I'm not calling you out, I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying I don't understand your point of view.

I'd recommend using the @ sign to tag me if you'd like a response and don't want to hunt down a quote - but to answer your question here:

I'd not mind giving Ihsahn money just because he's opposed to my religion. I assume the vast majority of metal musicians are opposed to my religion, so if I went with the whole "think impact" route I probably couldn't listen to any of it. My decisions to purchase music are driven by the client-vendor relationship. Burzum killed a guy and people seem quite happy to give him money, because he didn't use his electric guitar to murder anybody. I just refuse to give people money for making music that attacks my religion. Hence, my refusal to buy from Akercocke, Amon Amarth, Deicide, Vital Remains. Question is whether Ihsahn makes music shitting on Christianity or whether he just spends his spare time doing that. If it's the latter I'm happy to pay for his guitar work, but I sure as hell won't pay to hear him prattle about religion.

And yeah, I was streaming it over YouTube. Candlelight Records has a Bandcamp where I could listen for free as well.

5 hours ago, Iceni said:

I'd recommend using the @ sign to tag me if you'd like a response and don't want to hunt down a quote - but to answer your question here:

I'd not mind giving Ihsahn money just because he's opposed to my religion. I assume the vast majority of metal musicians are opposed to my religion, so if I went with the whole "think impact" route I probably couldn't listen to any of it. My decisions to purchase music are driven by the client-vendor relationship. Burzum killed a guy and people seem quite happy to give him money, because he didn't use his electric guitar to murder anybody. I just refuse to give people money for making music that attacks my religion. Hence, my refusal to buy from Akercocke, Amon Amarth, Deicide, Vital Remains. Question is whether Ihsahn makes music shitting on Christianity or whether he just spends his spare time doing that. If it's the latter I'm happy to pay for his guitar work, but I sure as hell won't pay to hear him prattle about religion.

And yeah, I was streaming it over YouTube. Candlelight Records has a Bandcamp where I could listen for free as well.

@IceniO.k., that is valid. Again, I just was confused and wanted to see where you were were coming from/understand your point of view.  As for the @ sign, I just didn't know about that, thank you for informing me.

Sometimes I really hate my brother. Like right now given he's decided to move back home knowing full well I can't afford to stay here on my own. This will force me to move back in with my folks, an environment which is incredibly toxic. That move will be happening in the next couple of weeks and after that well don't be surprised if I suddenly stop posting.

@RelentlessOblivion I'm really sorry to hear that, man. But please do not stop posting, both for our sake and yours. We like having you here and enjoy reading what you have to say, and if you are going through a traumatic time in your life, I know that I would want you still posting here so we can offer you the most emotional support we can.

It's going to be rather difficult. We met up with my folks today where it was made apparent if the move happens it comes with extreme conditions. Basically my step-dad thinks I waste too much time online so my internet access will be by the main computer in the house and monitored to ensure it's 'productive'. Sadly I have no choice but to go with it until I find a job and can strike out on my own again.

4 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

It's going to be rather difficult. We met up with my folks today where it was made apparent if the move happens it comes with extreme conditions. Basically my step-dad thinks I waste too much time online so my internet access will be by the main computer in the house and monitored to ensure it's 'productive'. Sadly I have no choice but to go with it until I find a job and can strike out on my own again.

Again, I am so sorry to hear that. What a total asshole. You might be cautious about it, but maybe you could PM your phone number to someone you are comfortable with here so you could get away and use a cell phone for support. I'm not saying you should give me that private info (though I would gladly support you on the phone.) I forget where you are, you should probably choose someone in your country. Just a suggestion, all I can think of to try to help.

It’s all happening around here. Parker’s getting (sort of) engaged, people are trying to break into Relentless’ place, BAN hates stairs.
In my world, True Belief has personally outraged me by informing me he isn’t going to Paradise Lost this Saturday, which is simply unacceptable. 
Also, my wife, the immortal Countess of Bathorian blood-bathing belligerence, just counted her shoe collection and informed me she has 37 pairs. This seems to me to be excessive.
To be fair, I hate most things, but stairs truly earned my ire the other day. What made True Belief decide to bail on PL?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, BlutAusNerd said:

To be fair, I hate most things, but stairs truly earned my ire the other day. What made True Belief decide to bail on PL?

Temporary insanity. 

He’s back on board, so the dynamic duo rides again. It’s this Saturday, I can’t wait. I’ve seen Paradise Lost twice before, but both times I was quite tipsy and I can’t remember them very well. I’ll make a point of paying attention this time (mostly). 

So I'm very much feeling like life just wants to make me it's bitch. Like every good thing that ever happens to me is just because it's funnier somehow when the inevitable happens and I get fucked harder then ever. Fuck my life. I mean I was actually managing my depression well until this week.

My city is currently being plagued by a thick fog, but it's not really fog, it's just pollution. Being in a mountain valley, we deal with inversions in the winter where the cold air sinks and stays trapped with nowhere to go, and it traps all of the shit in the air with it. It's disgusting, and I've been coughing and having headaches from all of the filth. We pretty much have to wait for a storm, precipitation is the only thing that pulls it out of the air, and we haven't even had any rain in weeks, let alone any snow. It's a good thing pollution is a myth created and perpetuated by the liberal media so that I could make up this story for attention!

Alabama didn't vote for Moore, thank God.

I'm excited about some of these applications. One school I didn't actually apply to until I was pleasantly surprised by a promo email from them. My professors had good impressions of the program and judging from how enthusiastically said program bombarded me with emails after my GRE results I would assume I could not only get in but also expect pretty good financial aid. There are more prestigious schools I'd choose over them if I had the option (three, to be exact), but I really do have to take cost into consideration and that being said I think I could have a really good time with these guys. Courses look damn good, and it'd be nice to get away from this stuffy East Coast atmosphere and live in a proper city with more than two metal gigs a year. Who knows, I might even interact romantically with a woman at some stage.

Good luck with your kidney stone @Parker.

Sorry to hear about your awkward living situation @RelentlessOblivion.

7 hours ago, BlutAusNerd said:

It's a good thing pollution is a myth created and perpetuated by the liberal media so that I could make up this story for attention!

The only true pollution is caused by chemtrails.

8 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

So I'm very much feeling like life just wants to make me it's bitch. Like every good thing that ever happens to me is just because it's funnier somehow when the inevitable happens and I get fucked harder then ever. Fuck my life. I mean I was actually managing my depression well until this week.

Wow, hang in there man. I've been dealing with depression my whole life, and it's a huge struggle. Even if it comes to the point that you can't contact us anymore , remember, we like you and support you, metal brother.

6 hours ago, Iceni said:

Alabama didn't vote for Moore, thank God.

Yes! Thank the gods! I am so disgusted by Trump supporting that filthy animal. But, I'm sure'll he find a way to make me even more disgusted. I am so embarrassed by having the trump thing in office. Thank the gods I didn't vote for him, and I pray to the gods to steer him through this national (global?) crisis and get that thing out of office.

8 minutes ago, Will said:

Good luck with your kidney stone @Parker.

Thank you. I'm pretty scared of how I'm going to feel after the surgery.

18 minutes ago, Parker said:

Wow, hang in there man. I've been dealing with depression my whole life, and it's a huge struggle. Even if it comes to the point that you can't contact us anymore , remember, we like you and support you, metal brother.

Thanks mate. It's disturbed me just how quickly I went from coping, well honestly better then coping I was feeling genuinely optimistic about life, to the absolute pits of depression again. I know part of it is the absolute dread I feel about going back into that environment. If nothing else, however, it should serve as added motivation to get shit in order as quickly as possible. I will not, absolutely will fucking NOT, be beaten by depression. More to the point I aim to be stuck living with the 'rents no more then a year.

As for posting here, well if I have to use computers at the local library and their wifi to touch base here so be it. It may benefit me to explore the library anyway. Reading is as crucial to honing my skills as writing.

45 minutes ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

Thanks mate. It's disturbed me just how quickly I went from coping, well honestly better then coping I was feeling genuinely optimistic about life, to the absolute pits of depression again. I know part of it is the absolute dread I feel about going back into that environment. If nothing else, however, it should serve as added motivation to get shit in order as quickly as possible. I will not, absolutely will fucking NOT, be beaten by depression. More to the point I aim to be stuck living with the 'rents no more then a year.

As for posting here, well if I have to use computers at the local library and their wifi to touch base here so be it. It may benefit me to explore the library anyway. Reading is as crucial to honing my skills as writing.

Now that's the fucking spirit mate! Great to hear fighting words from you! You're doing much better than I have often been. Hang it there man, we're all here for you!

Honestly it's a bit easier to find that bit of mongrel I need to get by these days. I've been battling depression on and off for six years now. Having seen the upside alone is motivation to push back the darkness. Knowing I have you guys in my corner, that I don't have to suffer alone, means the absolute world to me.

Also I've had this thought many times but it'd be pretty damn cool if a bunch of us could meet up at Wacken or MDF or some such one of these years. A big metal festival, good company, gee it sounds swell doesn't it?

Also also MF podcasts? Does anyone think that could be a good idea?

50 minutes ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

Honestly it's a bit easier to find that bit of mongrel I need to get by these days. I've been battling depression on and off for six years now. Having seen the upside alone is motivation to push back the darkness. Knowing I have you guys in my corner, that I don't have to suffer alone, means the absolute world to me.

Also I've had this thought many times but it'd be pretty damn cool if a bunch of us could meet up at Wacken or MDF or some such one of these years. A big metal festival, good company, gee it sounds swell doesn't it?

Also also MF podcasts? Does anyone think that could be a good idea?

Thank you, and it means the world to me that we can be of help. I would love to have a meet up, but it's just not economically viable. I'm so technologically impaired that thou I've heard the term "podcast" I don't actually know what it means.

I'm having a really hard time guys. I got in a stupid argument with my brother that has escalated to the point that I really don't see us ever talking again. And while that is sad, I feel much worse that I may never see my niece and nephew again, and I love them dearly. My family right now is pretty much ruined because of my brother's arrogant behaviour, and now I can't spend the holidays with my family.

I am so sorry to hear that Parker. Maybe taking some time to cool off will let you approach the situation from a different angle? If for no other reason then that it will hurt your niece and nephew to not have their uncle around the two of you could at least try and patch things up. 

9 minutes ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

I am so sorry to hear that Parker. Maybe taking some time to cool off will let you approach the situation from a different angle? If for no other reason then that it will hurt your niece and nephew to not have their uncle around the two of you could at least try and patch things up. 

I imagine and hope that in the future this may be resolved. But for the time being there is a huge rift in the family. On one side stand my parents and I, on the other stand my brother and his wife, with my sister and other brother caught in the middle. It's a pretty sad state of affairs considering the time of year.