What's on your mind?

Apoc

Revenue is down on forecast and so the salaries were considered a means to fill a hole.  Always a risk in big organisations.
Unfortunately, it's probably a lot like the new republican tax plan. "We can't afford CHIP (children's health insurance program) anymore because everyone wants everything handed to them, but our tax cuts that line the pockets of our wealthy benefactors will increase the deficit by 1.5 trillion dollars and we don't really care about those repercussions". It probably would have been easy enough to scale back on the bonuses for higher-ups and keep those salaries in the budget, but that won't happen.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

So I just learned next year Mayhem are in Australia and playing DMDS in full. Guess what that means? I'm off to Melbourne for that shit.

I think that makes four of us.

Tomorrow night I'll be first fire response at the Meredith Music Festival. There's a couple of bands I'm going to check out mostly the jazz stuff interest's me (not a single metal, prog or heavy punk band there from what I can tell).

FUCK!!! Guess I won't be catching Mayhem after all. Jan. 17th is the show and it's sold out as best I can tell. So is Overkill, in my town, mid Feb. I REALLY need to get clued in to this shit so as to not miss any future gigs.
If you have a local Craigslist type of website, check to see if anyone can't go and posts theirs for sale.

Today was a really good day I’m getting a lot of snow 
We haven't received any yet this year, it's beyond weird. I remember having to trick-or-treat in my snow boots as a kid, and now they're saying there won't be anything until a couple of days before Christmas. We've had really shitty winters the last few years, I miss when it used to just dump snow for months on end...

7 minutes ago, BlutAusNerd said:

We haven't received any yet this year, it's beyond weird. I remember having to trick-or-treat in my snow boots as a kid, and now they're saying there won't be anything until a couple of days before Christmas. We've had really shitty winters the last few years, I miss when it used to just dump snow for months on end...

First snow of the season started piddling down here around 10 or 11 this morning. Now it seems to be coming down more heavily, but it looks like we'll only get a couple of inches of accumulation, guaranteed to turn into a mess of gray sludge over the next day or two. Yay winter.

First snow of the season started piddling down here around 10 or 11 this morning. Now it seems to be coming down more heavily, but it looks like we'll only get a couple of inches of accumulation, guaranteed to turn into a mess of gray sludge over the next day or two. Yay winter.
I love Winter time, I don't care how much I have to shovel snow, or how shitty it is to drive in. I love everything about it, the cold temperatures, the way the sky looks, the way the air smells, the feeling of the snow on my skin, the glistening of the snow and ice, the quiet during and after a snow storm, the "heavy" feeling of the air, it's just a magical time of year. I miss it like crazy.

5 minutes ago, BlutAusNerd said:

I love Winter time, I don't care how much I have to shovel snow, or how shitty it is to drive in. I love everything about it, the cold temperatures, the way the sky looks, the way the air smells, the feeling of the snow on my skin, the glistening of the snow and ice, the quiet during and after a snow storm, the "heavy" feeling of the air, it's just a magical time of year. I miss it like crazy.

I used to feel the same. All of that magic got kind of killed for me by having to walk or bike through it and work in it as it slowly turned to garbage-infused death mush. I'll probably feel better about it again if I ever move out of an urban setting.

12 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

It's gonna be fucking awesome. With any luck I may meet up with some of MF's Aussie contingent as well.

The Melbourne Mayhem show is definitely not sold out. You can still buy Mayhem Tickets as far as I can tell. 

True Belief, Will and I (the unholy trinity) are attending, so it would be awesome if you wanted to catch up for a brew beforehand with us bros of brutal blasphemy. If you end up getting a ticket and making it over, let us know. 

What's on my mind right now is my wife's family's Christmas party today. It's at my CEO brother-in-law's place so will be an extravagant affair during which I plan to drink champagne to excess and avail myself of the rich mahogany facilities while the overindulged children play in the pool and generally keep out of my way. 

Speaking of overindulged children, right at this moment the Countess is speaking to our youngest vampire about behaviour. Our 4 year old is telling the Countess that it is she, in her infant vampiric wisdom, who "makes the rules of the house", repeatedly and loudly. Both the Countess and I dispute this authoritarian arrangement and maintain hegemony over both castle and grounds. 

Ah, vampire children. They feed on a few of the local peasantry and next thing you know they think they're in charge. 

I used to feel the same. All of that magic got kind of killed for me by having to walk or bike through it and work in it as it slowly turned to garbage-infused death mush. I'll probably feel better about it again if I ever move out of an urban setting.
I guess that makes sense. I don't mind that slush, but it's certainly better to crunch through the fresh stuff in the woods, mountains, or even in your yard. Sometimes I wish I didn't have such a long commute everywhere so that I could walk through it more, like I did when I was a kid getting to and from school and friends houses. Those were better winters and better days...

8 minutes ago, Requiem said:

Speaking of overindulged children, right at this moment the Countess is speaking to our youngest vampire about behaviour. Our 4 year old is telling the Countess that it is she, in her infant vampiric wisdom, who "makes the rules of the house", repeatedly and loudly. Both the Countess and I dispute this authoritarian arrangement and maintain hegemony over both castle and grounds. 

Not five minutes ago, my son informed me that he is now "the father" and I am "the baby" and so I have to sit there in diapers and whine a lot and I'm apparently not allowed to have the chocolate chip cookies that I made, because he says so. This is after two days of staying home from school with a fever and an awful cough, only to bounce back bright and early on Saturday morning and wake me up asking to play video games.

- Alabaster's "Joys Of Fatherhood", Chapter XXI, Parable iv

59 minutes ago, BlutAusNerd said:

Saw on the weather channel that you guys are having a mild fall it looks like 

14 minutes ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Not five minutes ago, my son informed me that he is now "the father" and I am "the baby" and so I have to sit there in diapers and whine a lot and I'm apparently not allowed to have the chocolate chip cookies that I made, because he says so. This is after two days of staying home from school with a fever and an awful cough, only to bounce back bright and early on Saturday morning and wake me up asking to play video games.

- Alabaster's "Joys Of Fatherhood", Chapter XXI, Parable iv

Lol that’s funny 

Loving the kid stories. We get more of that from Autumn than I can sometimes believe, especially since she's not even 2 yet, and Winter is very sure of herself. She'll catch you in any amount of bullshit you try to throw her way, she's a ball buster just like her dad. I fully intend to encourage that honesty, I wish more people were like that.

4 hours ago, BlutAusNerd said:

So much win! Couldn't agree more!

12 minutes ago, BlutAusNerd said:

Spit-roasted lamb and booze is pretty metal all on its own.

Yeah that’s true. It’s not quite the Asgaardian feast it sounds though. It’s more champagne flute than horns of Valhalla, if you know what I mean.