What's on your mind?

Apoc

Just had a nice breakfast out with the family. My son has had a tummy bug, so he was pretty hungry today, and I'm really hoping he keeps everything down; I had to pick him up from school early on Friday because he barfed in class. It hasn't impacted his energy level much, though. 

I've been deeply frustrated lately; I have very little time or mental energy to call my own due to our schedule and there's no real end in sight. I suppose that's why I'm finding it difficult to engage here, as well. We're on our way into Boston now for a rare family day out, and I hope I can put my irritation at the fact that I'm not working on art and music aside for long enough to enjoy the time together.

1 hour ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Just had a nice breakfast out with the family. My son has had a tummy bug, so he was pretty hungry today, and I'm really hoping he keeps everything down; I had to pick him up from school early on Friday because he barfed in class. It hasn't impacted his energy level much, though. 

I've been deeply frustrated lately; I have very little time or mental energy to call my own due to our schedule and there's no real end in sight. I suppose that's why I'm finding it difficult to engage here, as well. We're on our way into Boston now for a rare family day out, and I hope I can put my irritation at the fact that I'm not working on art and music aside for long enough to enjoy the time together.

Hope your little guy is ok and you can chill and you all enjoy your day, also that you find some balance and feel better in yourself.

5 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Hope your son feels better  and  keep your head up have fun in Boston 

Well the editing process is taking far longer then I anticipated. Deadline is four hours away and I'm less then confident of actually getting this done on time. The story itself isn't great but will do as a test piece. At least there's a good core idea I can go to town on in the near future.

I know that feeling of being spread too thin so that there's nothing left of you. Take care buddy.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, BlutAusNerd said:

I can't place the reference, but that's what I was going for. I like to plan, so "one day at a time" sucks for me, but it's all that we have sometimes.

It's from Lord Of The Rings - Bilbo describing how the Ring has affected him. And yeah, it does suck, and yeah, it's all I can do right now.

It's from Lord Of The Rings - Bilbo describing how the Ring has affected him. And yeah, it does suck, and yeah, it's all I can do right now.
I thought that might have been it, but it has been ages since I've read the books. I would say that at least the malaise always fades, but it doesn't. I'm feeling a bit too cynical to try to raise anyone's spirits, but try to take some time for yourself whenever possible. I feel much less wound up when I have a creative outlet, and it sounds like you do too.

I sincerely hope things get easier for both of you.

Meanwhile in the world of RelentlessOblivion...I got that editing done. The story itself isn't great as I said but once I get it back and make the necessary improvements perhaps I'll post it in the writing thread. Last night I also accomplished something else I'd rather keep private.

I started venturing in the realms of electronic music. Sort of a mix between videogame music and new retro wave sort of stuff (my guilty pleasures). New area for me, but i´m dying to create some stuff and i don´t really have the hardware to currently even record metal. It´s been fun if not else so far, i think i need to upgrade my midi keyboard, currently using M-audio keystation mini. :D 

18 minutes ago, Natassja7 said:

Jeez..all these new devices reminding us of our schedules, when to breathe, take a shit, put up fucking Christmas lights..how did mankind manage before? Unbelievable bullshit...If I see any member of my family with one of these in their homes,  it'll be ripped out the wall and burned on't backs.

Ehr.. what sort of devices are these? 

To me this christmas the most annoying trend must be the elf door. Someone has made a loooot of money with it. :D 

4 minutes ago, ChainsawAkimbo said:

Ehr.. what sort of devices are these? 

To me this christmas the most annoying trend must be the elf door. Someone has made a loooot of money with it. :D 

I don't know exactly the technology, but from what I have seen and gathered, I think you programme them with your schedule etc, then they can 'talk' to you and remind you, you can also 'talk' to them and ask them things, whilst they conveniently catalogue a whole series of your life events and other information...fuck that.

1 hour ago, Natassja7 said:

I don't know exactly the technology, but from what I have seen and gathered, I think you programme them with your schedule etc, then they can 'talk' to you and remind you, you can also 'talk' to them and ask them things, whilst they conveniently catalogue a whole series of your life events and other information...fuck that.

That stuff is spooky to me. I get notifications on my phone asking me to review and post photos of places I've been, even when my location is "off", which I honestly doubt it ever is. 

4 minutes ago, MacabreEternal said:

As a reminder of the world in which I work, today two of my colleagues just got put on gardening leave, their jobs no longer there after a board meeting this morning.  Ruthless, 3 weeks before Xmas.

Shit. That sucks. What was it, just "the bottom line"?