What's on your mind?

Apoc

deathstorm, sorry to hear that man, hope you feel better soon. True Belief, sweet avatar! I loved the new trailer, looks like it will be better than VII. Can't wait to see Episode VIII! How do you rate the SW movies so far, my list goes like this:

1 The Empire Strikes Back

2 Revenge of the Sith

3 A New Hope

4 Return of the Jedi

5 Attack of the Clones

6 Rogue One

7 The Phantom Menace

8 The Force Awakens

I'm, not saying that Episode VII is bad, I consider it the 8th best movie ever made. It's just a little weak when compared to the others, and I think it's value kind of depends on what it's setting things up for.

Random question, does anyone know how I could hear the Nargaroth song "A Black Metal Song just for Black Metal Maniacs"? Don't need to own a physical copy, just really curious to hear it.

11 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

Well it's mighty hot here in R'Lyeh today, humid too, Cthulhu loves it but I could do with cooler conditions.

Vu2Puj9DeE9reEP1NZL9qfFWSGuapoH3VDawn3I4

Conceptualizing Australian Cthulu gives me a chuckle...

"Nothin better on a boggy arvo than crackin open a tinny of VB with me mates ayyy"

On 17/10/2017 at 9:29 PM, True Belief said:

Well I’ve been absent for a bit too but I’m ‘Back for the Attack’ now.

Spent time in India & Taiwan in late September. US & Europe scheduled for Q1,2018. All work related.

Beat pending Unlawful Assault charges after Police decided not to proceed- but 3 Court appearances later I’ve still got a 12 month Intervention Order to observe lol.

All good fun.

Outside of that life is damn good.

Requiem, we need to call catch up for a beer.

Lucky I dropped into this thread and saw this - it nearly flew under my radar.

Let's catch up soon for sure. All I want is a true belief. I wish Paradise Lost would write songs like that again. 

Alright, see you soon. 

On 20/10/2017 at 1:04 AM, deathstorm said:

Feeling a lot still got bad voice my voice is getting better been coughing up flem it’s clear so far  my cold has gone away  still having lingering effects

Good to hear you're getting better.

Welcome back, True Belief.

Tonight I saw the Hybrid Nightmares (progressive black) "Almagest" album release show. Also featuring Haunted Steel (heavy with screams), Agonhymn (drone/doom/experimental), Trigger (more or less power) and Requiem (blackened thrash).

Was gonna make a joke about the last one but I have nothing that's not complete trash.

Was pretty fun, might wright a review thingy tomorrow.

On 10/18/2017 at 5:19 PM, RelentlessOblivion said:

Wait since when were you funny? Literally made my day and it's only 7am.

I've watched so many videos from those Australian YouTube Overwatch players (Skid, Gymwizard, MrMetaMeme, Cheesypuff, etc) that I now have a decent handful of Australian imitations that I employ regularly...

As for what's on my mind...I've had a bunch of nice things happen in the last couple days. Busy planning an interview, and recently finished up my first GRE practice - from the rudimentary calculations I did on my raw scores it looks like I should be comfortably within the average range for admitted students in every single program to which I'm applying. Might even exceed it depending on how well the rest of my prep goes.

My friend also made me a visual novel for my birthday and the project is so huge that I clocked 5 hours yesterday 'playing' through it and I'm still less than halfway done. He had a number of absolutely phenomenal jokes and choice writing, my jaw and stomach started cramping from laughing so hard for so long. Really looking forward to the rest of it.

So it seems I'm now having recurring nightmares. Great, cause my sleep cycle isn't messed up enough already. In these nightmares I'm lying in bed watching something on tv, the tv then turns to static before a shadow starts dragging itself from the tv, I always wake up when I see the eyes, a sickly green. Have had that exact dream two or three times a night for the last three days.

5 hours ago, Will said:

Good to hear you're getting better.

Welcome back, True Belief.

Tonight I saw the Hybrid Nightmares (progressive black) "Almagest" album release show. Also featuring Haunted Steel (heavy with screams), Agonhymn (drone/doom/experimental), Trigger (more or less power) and Requiem (blackened thrash).

Was gonna make a joke about the last one but I have nothing that's not complete trash.

You know, it's a miracle that I keep seeing my name in these posts without anyone actually tagging me. Where was this gig? Lucky I didn't go to it or we might have bumped into each other. Was it at the Barwon Club or up here in the city of glass?

Oh god, I’m at my parents’ place. Please save me from the utter insanity of their lives. 

My mum just tried to explain to me how wifi works on my phone when she doesn’t even know what wifi really is. She takes it out of my hand and starts explaining wrong things. I say, “I know how to use my phone mum!!!”

I’m 37 years old. 

15 hours ago, Requiem said:

You know, it's a miracle that I keep seeing my name in these posts without anyone actually tagging me. Where was this gig? Lucky I didn't go to it or we might have bumped into each other. Was it at the Barwon Club or up here in the city of glass?

It was at the Eastern in Ballarat.

Will you be going to Blister Metal Festival next month (https://www.facebook.com/events/186552411880894/?acontext={"source"%3A3%2C"source_newsfeed_story_type"%3A"regular"%2C"action_history"%3A"[{\"surface\"%3A\"newsfeed\"%2C\"mechanism\"%3A\"feed_story\"%2C\"extra_data\"%3A[]}]"%2C"has_source"%3Atrue}&source=3&source_newsfeed_story_type=regular&action_history=[{"surface"%3A"newsfeed"%2C"mechanism"%3A"feed_story"%2C"extra_data"%3A[]}]&has_source=1&fref=mentions) or will you be to buggered from Wintersun 2 days earlier? 

33 minutes ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

Why am I still awake? Can someone tell me please?

42. :D Now take some NyQuil and smoke a bit of weed, and we'll see you in the morning, ok?

A couple of my paintings have sold - two of my favorites. The money will be really useful, and I'm grateful that people wanted them enough to purchase them, but I honestly wasn't internally prepared to let them go. My feelings are thoroughly mixed.

56 minutes ago, MacabreEternal said:

3 day weekend after a week away with work getting my biggest client live with the product so a well deserved 3 days of recuperation underway.  Not had a beer for 3 weeks - feel great although I know I won't be quitting long term I am enjoying the clean living at present.

Just think of that lonely beer, slowly going stale, longing to pass through your bladder on the way back to its ancestral home...

1 hour ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

Yeah 'cause I'm not already having really strange dreams of late...

Must be tough man. Guess that's part of being an artist though.

I can't sit here and complain about making money from my art, but I somehow hadn't envisioned actually selling the one that got purchased last night. It seemed too personal. I suppose I'd secretly expected/hoped that it wouldn't be going anywhere. It wouldn't have been a frivolous purchase, though; I'm glad that someone connected with it.

I hardly ever remember my dreams, but I've woken up from a couple recently that were fucking awful. Blah.