What's on your mind?

Apoc

On 9/17/2017 at 2:38 PM, SBird94 said:

G'day guys! It has been awhile! I have been busy working and going to tomnes of gigs!

Just this year i have seen:

Opeth, King Parrot, Revocation, Psycroptic, Nuclear Assault(First and last ever Australian tour) Meshuggah, Cog, Helmet, Insomnium, Dragonforce and Pallbearer

I have Dream Theater, Haken,Melvins, Mike Portnoy and Caligula's Horse coming up!

That's a pretty awesome list, which Psycroptic gig did you see?

On 9/18/2017 at 6:54 AM, Skull_Kollektor said:

Ciao people! Was away for a while! Holidays, girlfriend, recording bs, work, gym, usual stuff! Hope all is well, or maybe HELL, down here!

Oh I went to a serious concert last week: DEATH SS + MOONSPELL + SAMAEL + GOBLIN + MORTUARY DRAPE.

Death SS rocked the shit out of me. I actually enjoyed Moonspell too, though I was not familiar at all with their materiale.

Welcome back, we thought you were lost forever.

1 hour ago, deathstorm said:

I spend my afternoon with my nieces  they are my life had a good day had fun can't wait  for more fun

Good to hear.

On the weekend I saw the Metal United Down Under thingy (was there for all 9 bands from around 5:00-midnight), the Geelong one that I went to was headlined by Stormtide.

18 minutes ago, Will said:

That's a pretty awesome list, which Psycroptic gig did you see?

Welcome back, we thought you were lost forever.

Good to hear.

On the weekend I saw the Metal United Down Under thingy (was there for all 9 bands from around 5:00-midnight), the Geelong one that I went to was headlined by Stormtide.

How was stormtide  will  thank you very much

6 hours ago, deathstorm said:

How was stormtide  will  thank you very much

It was pretty tight and fun to watch they had a good blend of showmanship and care in their playing, also first time I've ever seen a keytar in a metal setting. Neat. I also got thrown a free shirt, so that could be shaping my opinion a bit.

12 hours ago, Will said:

It was pretty tight and fun to watch they had a good blend of showmanship and care in their playing, also first time I've ever seen a keytar in a metal setting. Neat. I also got thrown a free shirt, so that could be shaping my opinion a bit.

That's pretty cool will  

I had a pretty good day looking forward to having a great day tomorrow 

We made it to North Carolina yesterday. Had a nice dinner with my wife's family and I got to hang out with my parents for a bit. I haven't seen them in about two years, hard to believe it's been that long. Little Alabaster is still sick, unfortunately, but he was a real trooper on the drive and I hope he gets better soon. We'll be heading back up early next week, and then I have three or four days before I have to hang my painting show... wooo. Very hard to think about anything beyond that right now.

6 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

We made it to North Carolina yesterday. Had a nice dinner with my wife's family and I got to hang out with my parents for a bit. I haven't seen them in about two years, hard to believe it's been that long. Little Alabaster is still sick, unfortunately, but he was a real trooper on the drive and I hope he gets better soon. We'll be heading back up early next week, and then I have three or four days before I have to hang my painting show... wooo. Very hard to think about anything beyond that right now.

Hope your little guy gets better  good luck at the arts show  

Had a great day today I had fun today man I'm doing good

11 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

Count Requiem how could your mob do this to me? Do you have any idea the hell I'm in for as the only Port Adelaide supporter in my entire family? Rest are all Adelaide and I cop endless shit at the best of times...

It's a fairly perilous situation as we Victorians only have Richmond to rely on now - which is exciting for them but doesn't realistically look good. I can't say I'm surprised with Geelong dropping out - they are just too inconsistent from week to week. 

I drive past the Richmond Town Hall on the way to work and they have massive posters of Richmond players adorning the Greco-Roman pillars of the facade. It looks awesome. Anyway, let's see how it plays out tonight. 

5 hours ago, Requiem said:

It's a fairly perilous situation as we Victorians only have Richmond to rely on now - which is exciting for them but doesn't realistically look good. I can't say I'm surprised with Geelong dropping out - they are just too inconsistent from week to week. 

I drive past the Richmond Town Hall on the way to work and they have massive posters of Richmond players adorning the Greco-Roman pillars of the facade. It looks awesome. Anyway, let's see how it plays out tonight. 

I never thought in a million years I would actually be cheering for Richmond but here we are. Also I'm already being made to hate life from the taunting of my brother. I shudder to think what will happen if they win the flag.

7 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

I never thought in a million years I would actually be cheering for Richmond but here we are. Also I'm already being made to hate life from the taunting of my brother. I shudder to think what will happen if they win the flag.

And Richmond win!! Richmond / Adelaide grand final. How exciting. We're going down to the beach house for the long weekend to watch it. This undead family is getting behind the Tigers! 

2 hours ago, Requiem said:

And Richmond win!! Richmond / Adelaide grand final. How exciting. We're going down to the beach house for the long weekend to watch it. This undead family is getting behind the Tigers! 

Please let it be the Tigers. It's ironic that I would cheer for them in the AFL when the Glenelg Tigers SANFL team is one of Port Adelaide's mortal enemies, second only to Norwood...FUCK NORWOOD!

Hey, haven't been around for a while so I thought I'd drop by. I have a girlfriend now, which makes me very happy. I'm totally going star wars crazy now, waiting for the new movie and reading Star Wars: Aftermath Life Debt, the 2nd book in the the Aftermath trilogy which explains what happened between Episodes VI and VII. Have you guys seen the Pretorian Guard and the AT-M6 and the Porgs? If not, go look them up on image search! Can't wait for Episode VIII!

I have never been able to get into the last two MayheM albums. Sure the production on De Mysteriis sounded lofi and grim, but the production on these two is just down right muddy and obscures the riffs. Oh, and MayheM needs to put out another live album, never heard a live MayheM album, wonder what that would sound like [/sarcasm].

I haven't heard much new metal lately, what's the best new metal out these days?

7 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

Please let it be the Tigers. It's ironic that I would cheer for them in the AFL when the Glenelg Tigers SANFL team is one of Port Adelaide's mortal enemies, second only to Norwood...FUCK NORWOOD!

You've got a lot of hate in you, bro. It's just a ball game. ;)

14 hours ago, Requiem said:

You've got a lot of hate in you, bro. It's just a ball game. ;)

Perhaps, but that's part and parcel of being a Port Adelaide supporter. I both respect and despise Norwood as our biggest rivals. It's ingrained in all Port supporters and our rivalry is well over 100 years old. Adelaide on the other hand I have no respect for. It's well known in SA but long story short Port Adelaide were the club the AFL wanted to represent SA and the SANFL blocked it by creating the Crows. To top it all off they took two thirds of their inaugral side from the Port Adelaide Magpies. That's where my extreme distaste stems from. Now that's out of the way.

I'm a broken man. Completely, and totally, distraught at this point. Losing after the siren in an elimination final was torture. Today though, today was well I have no words. We lost the SANFL grand final by a point. 1 solitary point. 1 point and we had a goal to win the game disallowed. Kicked ON THE SIREN but the umpires declared it was kicked after the siren and therefore we lost.

On 24/09/2017 at 2:09 AM, Parker said:

Hey, haven't been around for a while so I thought I'd drop by. I have a girlfriend now, which makes me very happy. I'm totally going star wars crazy now, waiting for the new movie and reading Star Wars: Aftermath Life Debt, the 2nd book in the the Aftermath trilogy which explains what happened between Episodes VI and VII. Have you guys seen the Pretorian Guard and the AT-M6 and the Porgs? If not, go look them up on image search! Can't wait for Episode VIII!

I have never been able to get into the last two MayheM albums. Sure the production on De Mysteriis sounded lofi and grim, but the production on these two is just down right muddy and obscures the riffs. Oh, and MayheM needs to put out another live album, never heard a live MayheM album, wonder what that would sound like [/sarcasm].

I haven't heard much new metal lately, what's the best new metal out these days?

Hey Parker, welcome back. Mayhem have plenty of cool live albums, you should check some out. [/more sarcasm].

13 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

Perhaps, but that's part and parcel of being a Port Adelaide supporter. I both respect and despise Norwood as our biggest rivals. It's ingrained in all Port supporters and our rivalry is well over 100 years old. Adelaide on the other hand I have no respect for. It's well known in SA but long story short Port Adelaide were the club the AFL wanted to represent SA and the SANFL blocked it by creating the Crows. To top it all off they took two thirds of their inaugral side from the Port Adelaide Magpies. That's where my extreme distaste stems from. Now that's out of the way.

I'm a broken man. Completely, and totally, distraught at this point. Losing after the siren in an elimination final was torture. Today though, today was well I have no words. We lost the SANFL grand final by a point. 1 solitary point. 1 point and we had a goal to win the game disallowed. Kicked ON THE SIREN but the umpires declared it was kicked after the siren and therefore we lost.

Watching football with you must be like an extreme sport in itself. Sorry to hear about the 1 point loss. Just be happy in the fact that they'll always be next year. Anyway, we're gearing up for a Richmond victory on Saturday. Even before now I always called Richmond my second team (after Geelong). Last year was Footsgray, this year could be Richmond. What a world we live in, hey. 95,000 at the MCG last week. YELLOW AND BLACK! 

1 hour ago, Requiem said:

Hey Parker, welcome back. Mayhem have plenty of cool live albums, you should check some out. [/more sarcasm].

Watching football with you must be like an extreme sport in itself. Sorry to hear about the 1 point loss. Just be happy in the fact that they'll always be next year. Anyway, we're gearing up for a Richmond victory on Saturday. Even before now I always called Richmond my second team (after Geelong). Last year was Footsgray, this year could be Richmond. What a world we live in, hey. 95,000 at the MCG last week. YELLOW AND BLACK! 

What can I say I'm a die hard, passionate, Port Adelaide supporter.