What's on your mind?

Apoc

48 minutes ago, BlutAusNerd said:

I fell asleep at the wheel today and rear-ended a pickup truck. My car isn't anything fancy, but it's only had one oil change and I already smashed it to shit. Nobody was hurt and I guess it could have been worse, but I'm pretty angry with myself about it. The real pisser is that I was only about 5 blocks from home when it happened, I almost made it. I barely slept last night, I couldn't get cool and the dogs kept me awake throughout the night, so I'm sure that's why I was so tired. I was hoping to get a new mattress with some of our excess funds we've had as of late, but I guess that will have to go to an insurance deductible instead. FML.

Jeez dude. That's fucking terrible. I live in fear of something like that happening to me or my wife. I know how easy it is, I fell asleep on the road about ten years ago and it scared the shit out of me. I really hope it comes right for you, and that you can get more good sleep, it's so important. Glad you're ok.

1 hour ago, BlutAusNerd said:

I fell asleep at the wheel today and rear-ended a pickup truck. My car isn't anything fancy, but it's only had one oil change and I already smashed it to shit. Nobody was hurt and I guess it could have been worse, but I'm pretty angry with myself about it. The real pisser is that I was only about 5 blocks from home when it happened, I almost made it. I barely slept last night, I couldn't get cool and the dogs kept me awake throughout the night, so I'm sure that's why I was so tired. I was hoping to get a new mattress with some of our excess funds we've had as of late, but I guess that will have to go to an insurance deductible instead. FML.

Yeh..that fuckin sucks :( ..and glad you are ok. It is so easily done, I always feel myself goin on motorway drives, horrible. Take it easy and chill out for a while, mate.

5 hours ago, BlutAusNerd said:

Stay safe BAN, stay safe.

8 hours ago, BlutAusNerd said:

Damn BAN :( that's awful,  glad you aren't hurt. Take care mate.

My uncle is having surgery  today today I'm having a great day feel with so positive energy my cpap is doing great  I'm having a blast 

On 8/28/2017 at 11:32 PM, BlutAusNerd said:

Glad you are ok ban

Well shit I slept for most of the last two days. Good news is I'm finally starting to feel a little less gravely ill. Bad news is I still feel pretty horrible. Oh and in other good news since I finished up 'Shores In Flames' last week I'll be doing something new if I'm well enough to actually make my guitar lesson tomorrow. Tossing up between 'Together As One' by Death and 'Without God' by Katatonia.

Oh also next week looks stacked for me. My cousin is coming down from Melbourne again, we have well I guess you'd call it a fair? For two weeks there's a bunch of quite lame rides, bags of goodies, but more importantly local food and drink gets the spotlight it deserves. Sadly you pay for literally everything from entry to rides to these 'showbags' so that kinda sucks. Then Saturday night it's off to the glorious Adelaide Oval (or as we proud Port Adelaide supporters affectionately refer to it the Portress) for an elimination final. So good being able to enjoy September again.

Glad to hear you're ok BAN, and I hope you're back to normal soon Relentless.

All jobs have ups and downs, but zookeeping takes it to the absolute extreme. Last Monday I helped to deliver a baby alpaca (affectionately known as Elvis the transgender alpaca as we somehow got the gender wrong when we sexed it at birth). It was the best working day I have ever had. This week we lost Elvis to fly strike and possible immune complications as he was premature by about two weeks. On wednesday, our female fox injured her ear and when we took her to the vet we found a serious infection and they also reckon she may have a genetic condition causing her muscles to waste away. We are currently waiting for some test results and if they come back positive we will have to put her down. On top of all the drama at the zoo, at lunchtime today I had a very distraught Nikki on the phone as she had just lost two of her three rabbits to myxomatosis, and thinks her remaining rabbit may also have it (there is currently no cure and it has a 99% fatality rate). Her rabbits were her whole world, they meant everything to her.

..... I really can't catch a break...

5 hours ago, jfk36 said:

Glad to hear you're ok BAN, and I hope you're back to normal soon Relentless.

All jobs have ups and downs, but zookeeping takes it to the absolute extreme. Last Monday I helped to deliver a baby alpaca (affectionately known as Elvis the transgender alpaca as we somehow got the gender wrong when we sexed it at birth). It was the best working day I have ever had. This week we lost Elvis to fly strike and possible immune complications as he was premature by about two weeks. On wednesday, our female fox injured her ear and when we took her to the vet we found a serious infection and they also reckon she may have a genetic condition causing her muscles to waste away. We are currently waiting for some test results and if they come back positive we will have to put her down. On top of all the drama at the zoo, at lunchtime today I had a very distraught Nikki on the phone as she had just lost two of her three rabbits to myxomatosis, and thinks her remaining rabbit may also have it (there is currently no cure and it has a 99% fatality rate). Her rabbits were her whole world, they meant everything to her.

..... I really can't catch a break...

My girls just made friends with some rabbits and an alpaca on Sunday, so that hits kind of close to home. Sounds like a rough turn of events. 

On 28/08/2017 at 3:49 AM, Vampyrique said:

I could be a genderless bot created by Requiem to spam the boards with more content to make it seem like it's a lively place.

Or perhaps, I'm simply a Renfield sent out by Count Requiem to do his bidding, prattling on about Cradle of Filth and Moonspell. 

Ha! I can barely turn the macbook on without getting IT support, so the idea of me creating some sort of bot is some sort of hilarious. 

Maybe it's like 'A Beautiful Mind' and you don't really exist at all and you're just in my imagination. Actually, hang on, that would account for why we only talk about 90s metal... oh my god...

This afternoon we're going over to my brother-in-law's 11 million dollar mansion for a combination celebration of my father-in-law's birthday, my youngest daughter's birthday and father's day which is tomorrow. They've only just moved into this place so I haven't had a look around yet. 11 mil. The wine had better be nice, that's all I'm saying... 

3 hours ago, Requiem said:

This afternoon we're going over to my brother-in-law's 11 million dollar mansion for a combination celebration of my father-in-law's birthday, my youngest daughter's birthday and father's day which is tomorrow. They've only just moved into this place so I haven't had a look around yet. 11 mil. The wine had better be nice, that's all I'm saying... 

It's probably a dump compared to Castle Requiem. 

8 hours ago, deathstorm said:

Happy birthday to req youngest daughter   Yesterday I want to the blueclaws game they where playing as the porkrolls for one night only plus wormed replyed to me on Facebook  I'm pretty happy on that also guys I'm on Facebook. Send me requests on Johnny Fedeyko jr  I'll gladly accept them

Thanks Deathy! She's a big 4 year old now. 

2 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Indeed, happy birthday to the young Comtesse-in-waiting. Hope the wine was equal to the company. My son is still five. He's a nutcase. He'll start kindergarten on Tuesday. Meanwhile, my hair is going even more gray.

Good luck with kindergarten. I always thought it was cool how we use a German word like kindergarten. It makes me feel so Teutonic.

My youngest (birthday girl) goes to kinder next year but it will be the same one my eldest went to, so it's familiar ground. 

Our main problem is anxiety when the countess drops our eldest off in the classroom at school She's fine the minute we leave, but it's really hard and unpleasant for all when she gets upset. Other than that she is loving school and doing really well. She needs to chill though.