What's on your mind?

Apoc

2 hours ago, Parker said:

Just got out of a week stay at the hospital yesterday. Depression again. But it was a good hospital and really did me well. I feel positive and optimistic.

On a completely unrelated note: Alice Cooper is the worst, most offensive example of an artist using imagery and theatrics to try to hide the fact that they have no musical talent whatsoever. And people keep calling his crap metal even though all I've ever heard him play is hard rock.

Sorry to hear that, man..depression really sucks..I am really pleased you feel positive though, and I wish you all the best :) 

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 10:20 PM, FatherAlabaster said:

Thanks! :) Thought I had mentioned it here a couple of times, but I haven't been really plugging it anywhere. It's been in the works for a while, but now that it's closer, the reality of me having to finish a bunch of work and collect all my stuff and figure out how to talk about it if I'm asked to is all feeling more immediate. I'm looking forward to it because it's a really cool gallery here in town, and I have a good few pieces that I'm proud of that I haven't ever shown before. Maybe some of them will even sell - that would be a real boon right now. I'm not counting on it though, just looking forward to having them up.

Had a lovely (if very short and exhausting) trip to NYC - I've had easier driving experiences, but nothing terrible, and totally worth it. I picked up three paintings, got to see a few friends, had some pizza from my favorite spot in my old neighborhood, and one of my friends gave me a care package he'd put together including a retro gaming system with emulators for a lot of classics. First actual video game system I've ever owned. So now my son and I have real controllers and we can battle the forces of evil together, or beat the snot out of each other, and we've spent all day doing just that... :)

Is it an open show or private? Wish I could be there.. Are you gonna post pics? I did art at college and we used to have little amateur shows but I remember feeling really proud but dead nervous!  I have recently started drawing again,  my motivation goes up and down but I get a lot of satisfaction in creating something  .. I used to hate talking about it too,  haha,  hate speaking in public :D Have a great time though and you should be proud,  your work is amazing. 

Man my sleeping patterns are soooooo fucked right now. I'm either dramatically oversleeping (like today) meaning that at half past two in the morning I'm still not that tired, or flat-out not sleeping like earlier this week where I went about forty hours without a wink. Now I think I'm gonna make like a Koala and sleep for the next eighteen hours...

Ah Friday, long may we praise thee. 

Tonight six of us are going out for a 12 course Greek feast. Count em, 12. I have no idea how this is going to work but I'll report back afterwards - it might be one piece of bread at a time. I love most things about Greece though - the food, the history, the outlook on life. Not a huge fan of their economy but what country's perfect? 

4 minutes ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

That's one big meal mate. 12 courses? Don't think I could eat that much and I'm like a bottomless pit when it comes to food.

I'm sure there's some kind of catch, like the bread is one course and the dip you put it in is another, and suchlike, so on and so forth, and furthermore. 

3 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

So cynical, I'm sure it's more a case of each individual course is smaller then one might expect but make for a sizeable meal overall. That was my experience when I attended a seven course dinner for the Blind Sporting Council two years back.

Yes, of course you're right. I've eaten degustation and banquet menus before, so yeah I get it. In fact, at Castle Requiem, if I receive fewer than four coruses I behead the kitchen staff. 

Details of the meal about to be posted in the Eatin' thread in the off topic forum. 

3 hours ago, Requiem said:

Yes, of course you're right. I've eaten degustation and banquet menus before, so yeah I get it. In fact, at Castle Requiem, if I receive fewer than four coruses I behead the kitchen staff. 

Details of the meal about to be posted in the Eatin' thread in the off topic forum. 

So is there a special law when it comes to methods of execution for vampires? Like is Dracula the only one permitted to impale his malcontents?

5 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

So is there a special law when it comes to methods of execution for vampires? Like is Dracula the only one permitted to impale his malcontents?

The kitchen staff here is sourced from the local peasantry.

19 hours ago, Requiem said:

Ah Friday, long may we praise thee. 

Tonight six of us are going out for a 12 course Greek feast. Count em, 12. I have no idea how this is going to work but I'll report back afterwards - it might be one piece of bread at a time. I love most things about Greece though - the food, the history, the outlook on life. Not a huge fan of their economy but what country's perfect? 

Why, America is perfect, of course. Just ask any American, they'll tell you that the only problem with America is all of the other Americans trying to bring the country down. ?

11 hours ago, Will said:

A friend showed me a couple of his songs on YouTube about a year ago, I remember my reaction at the time was "eh".

Yep. It's not egregious like Pat Boone doing metal covers, but it's up there. His Christmas carols gave me a good laugh. I imagine it was a lot of fun to be Christopher Lee, to say the least.

18 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

Yeah I've been there. Only problem with America? It's full of Americans.

America is an amazing place. I love it and wish I could travel there more often. Most Americans are fantastic. I have obviously only met a very small sample size. For instance, without getting too political, I'm a little disturbed that Trump was elected and that caused my eyes to narrow more than Fry's in that Futurama meme when it comes to faith in your average US citizen.

2 hours ago, natassja7 said:

Christopher Lee was amazing full stop :) 

Strange guy really. Obviously a great actor over the years but the whole metal thing at the end was weird. And not in a good way. 

9 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

A mighty fine Count but not one I'd count on for great music.

Actually I do believe old Vlad would enjoy this weather. Flood warnings issued, damaging wind warnings issued, the message for my area is not to leave home unless absolutely necessary for the next 24-48 hours.

No need to leave the house in South Australia anyway as there's nothing to do there... ;)