What's on your mind?

Apoc

41 minutes ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Same to you, natassja. :) We've been swimming in the river for three hours. Pretty awesome times, my son and I were playing with a whole bunch of other kids - nice to see him interacting. My back finally got better on Sunday, so I've been trying to get back to being active this week. Glad to be pain-free again.

Thanks :)  a perfect way to spend it ! Glad your back is mended!

Finally the weekend. Early rising with my two vampiria infanta for miscellaneous children's television shows, but at least I get my coffee and I'll check out the forum's latest. 

Tonight we're having a real actual grown-ups dinner with another couple and none of our children (!) then tomorrow night the Woman of Dark Desires and I are going to the (Australian) football with some corporate tickets she siphoned gratis with her medusa charms infernale. 

Out on the town - the lights, the glamour, the blood! 

2 minutes ago, BlutAusNerd said: Hey guys, what did I miss?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Not much, but welcome back, it's good to see you around. 

Thanks. Times are still tough, but the last few days have been good. I've been locked out of my email for months, work has been weird, and my personal life has been in upheaval and chaos, but I've been sticking with working out and getting back in shape. I'm also hopeful and trying to regain momentum on the music front after a huge blow (every time we make any fucking progress it seems), and had a week filled with concerts that was a blast despite wiping me out. Otherwise, not much to report.

6 minutes ago, BlutAusNerd said:

Thanks. Times are still tough, but the last few days have been good. I've been locked out of my email for months, work has been weird, and my personal life has been in upheaval and chaos, but I've been sticking with working out and getting back in shape. I'm also hopeful and trying to regain momentum on the music front after a huge blow (every time we make any fucking progress it seems), and had a week filled with concerts that was a blast despite wiping me out. Otherwise, not much to report.

Sorry to hear there's been so much turmoil. I've been doing what I can to keep my mood up with exercise as well. It's the only thing that really works. I got set back for a few weeks with a back problem but I'm finally on my bicycle again, and hopefully I'll be able to restart upper body stuff without injuring myself.

I haven't had any time for music since I finished the Black Harvest recording. I have a painting show coming up this fall and I'll be lucky to get half of what I want finished. In other news, my son starts kindergarten in two months, which I can barely believe. It's all been a blur. Do you get your PMs on here?

8 hours ago, BlutAusNerd said:

Nice to see you back.

6 minutes ago, BlutAusNerd said:  

Sorry to hear there's been so much turmoil. I've been doing what I can to keep my mood up with exercise as well. It's the only thing that really works. I got set back for a few weeks with a back problem but I'm finally on my bicycle again, and hopefully I'll be able to restart upper body stuff without injuring myself.

I haven't had any time for music since I finished the Black Harvest recording. I have a painting show coming up this fall and I'll be lucky to get half of what I want finished. In other news, my son starts kindergarten in two months, which I can barely believe. It's all been a blur. Do you get your PMs on here?

That sucks, how did you hurt yourself? I tweaked my upper back a couple of weeks ago, but it was better by the next week, so I only missed a couple of days. I loved the advanced tracks you sent me from the EP and need to hear the rest, they were really good. That art show sounds rad! I think I've only been to one or two, but wasn't into them. I dig your work, and like to show my friends what you paint, especially the one in your profile picture. Kindergarten? Shit, that's huge! I guess we have been posting together here on and off for a couple of years now. Time flies. I can still receive PMs as far as I know, but I don't remember seeing any alerts for a while.

8 hours ago, BlutAusNerd said:  

Nice to see you back.

It's good to be back, thank you. I don't want to complain and still don't know which was is up most days, so I'll try to keep my personal bitching to a minimum and focus on music. How have you been?

1 hour ago, BlutAusNerd said:

That sucks, how did you hurt yourself? I tweaked my upper back a couple of weeks ago, but it was better by the next week, so I only missed a couple of days. I loved the advanced tracks you sent me from the EP and need to hear the rest, they were really good. That art show sounds rad! I think I've only been to one or two, but wasn't into them. I dig your work, and like to show my friends what you paint, especially the one in your profile picture. Kindergarten? Shit, that's huge! I guess we have been posting together here on and off for a couple of years now. Time flies. I can still receive PMs as far as I know, but I don't remember seeing any alerts for a while.

I'm pretty sure it's a herniated disc from a fall I took as a teenager. Seems like it flares up every few years. The disconcerting thing is that it struck without warning, I was playing in the hallway with my son and all of a sudden it felt like a two by four had slammed into my lower back and I couldn't stand up straight. Took a few weeks but I'm happy it's better now.

I'm glad you enjoyed the new BH stuff, I hope you like the final product as a whole. Check your inbox, yeah? :) The art show is shaping up to be really cool, thanks - I have a lot of work to do and it's been tough finding the time and energy, it seems like I can never keep any momentum. It doesn't help that I'm currently in the middle of a really time-consuming and unrewarding process with the latest piece, I'm painting a ton of hands and it's taking me forever.

And yeah, kindergarten... I have mixed feelings. I'd imagine Logan does too. Time has gone by very quickly in retrospect, next month it'll be four years since I joined up here.

1 hour ago, BlutAusNerd said: That sucks, how did you hurt yourself? I tweaked my upper back a couple of weeks ago, but it was better by the next week, so I only missed a couple of days. I loved the advanced tracks you sent me from the EP and need to hear the rest, they were really good. That art show sounds rad! I think I've only been to one or two, but wasn't into them. I dig your work, and like to show my friends what you paint, especially the one in your profile picture. Kindergarten? Shit, that's huge! I guess we have been posting together here on and off for a couple of years now. Time flies. I can still receive PMs as far as I know, but I don't remember seeing any alerts for a while.

I'm pretty sure it's a herniated disc from a fall I took as a teenager. Seems like it flares up every few years. The disconcerting thing is that it struck without warning, I was playing in the hallway with my son and all of a sudden it felt like a two by four had slammed into my lower back and I couldn't stand up straight. Took a few weeks but I'm happy it's better now.

I'm glad you enjoyed the new BH stuff, I hope you like the final product as a whole. Check your inbox, yeah? [emoji4] The art show is shaping up to be really cool, thanks - I have a lot of work to do and it's been tough finding the time and energy, it seems like I can never keep any momentum. It doesn't help that I'm currently in the middle of a really time-consuming and unrewarding process with the latest piece, I'm painting a ton of hands and it's taking me forever.

And yeah, kindergarten... I have mixed feelings. I'd imagine Logan does too. Time has gone by very quickly in retrospect, next month it'll be four years since I joined up here.

There isn't much that's worse than back pain, it's basically inescapable. You can't really do anything to get around it until it dissipates, which can take a while, and you're in agony no matter what you do up until that point. Check my inbox here? I've been locked out of my yahoo email for several months now, so I tried to send you a reply ages ago and you may not have even received it. I'll pm you my gmail account, that will be better to correspond with until I finally have time to get the other account sorted out. With everything else I have going on, it has been tough to prioritize that over other things. I've heard that hands are tough to paint/draw, so good luck with that. Hopefully it becomes rewarding in the end when your hard work pays off.

Winter has loved preschool, and is sad that she can't go right now during summer recess. I'm not too worried about her because of that, but otherwise it is a big adjustment. What do you think you'll do with all of that spare time?

26 minutes ago, BlutAusNerd said:

There isn't much that's worse than back pain, it's basically inescapable. You can't really do anything to get around it until it dissipates, which can take a while, and you're in agony no matter what you do up until that point. Check my inbox here? I've been locked out of my yahoo email for several months now, so I tried to send you a reply ages ago and you may not have even received it. I'll pm you my gmail account, that will be better to correspond with until I finally have time to get the other account sorted out. With everything else I have going on, it has been tough to prioritize that over other things. I've heard that hands are tough to paint/draw, so good luck with that. Hopefully it becomes rewarding in the end when your hard work pays off.

Winter has loved preschool, and is sad that she can't go right now during summer recess. I'm not too worried about her because of that, but otherwise it is a big adjustment. What do you think you'll do with all of that spare time?

Yeah man, the pain was no joke. Honestly the worst pain I've felt in about ten years, since the last time this problem hit me hard. Another difficult aspect of the situation was (and still is) the uncertainty of it - when it'll go away, when it'll come back. I've got a really nasty sore throat right now, can't seem to catch a break, but I'll take this over the back pain any day.

It sucks you still can't get into your email. I didn't get your reply - all good though. Definitely send me your other address, it's good to be able to stay in touch, especially if the board goes down again.

I'm a bit concerned about Logan in kindergarten, he's had difficulty adapting to the schedule and the hierarchy at preschool. He's also had more of a propensity for tantrums since the move last year. I suppose he'll get used to it; I had a tough time integrating myself anywhere because we moved around a lot when I was a kid, and I wish that was a difficulty I could have spared him. If we can find an affordable after-school program for him, I may actually be able to get some meaningful work done again. I'm also hoping to get back to music, it's fucking killing me that I haven't been able to play lately. I hope we'll all be able to handle the schedule.

Hands are tricky because there are a lot of little details and not much room for error. I think this painting will be pretty cool when I'm done, but the setup work is a beast. I'll post a pic of it when it's farther along. Really gotta knock this one out and get to the next one, we have a family trip in September and my wife has some plans coming up so my time is limited. Show goes up in October... fingers crossed!

2 hours ago, deathstorm said:

Guys I got some bad news before you guys know me I had a cornea replacement back in 98 know my right eye chould be rejecting the transplant now I may have to go another major surgery on my eye keep me in your prayers 

Hope all is ok with you Deathstorm.