What's on your mind?

Apoc

Re: What's on your mind?

I guess if you support each other in everything' date=' music is no exception.[/quote'] That's exactly it! My wife certainly doesn't hate metal, she just doesn't get very into it. But she's been with me to shows, and come to a few of mine as well. She grew up playing classical piano, and she's got no problem with listening to my stuff critically if I ask her to. For me the relationship is a lot more about trust, support, familiarity... I mean, we first started dating eighteen years ago... :D

That's exactly it! My wife certainly doesn't hate metal' date=' she just doesn't get very into it. But she's been with me to shows, and come to a few of mine as well. She grew up playing classical piano, and she's got no problem with listening to my stuff critically if I ask her to. For me the relationship is a lot more about trust, support, familiarity... I mean, we first started dating eighteen years ago... :D[/quote'] Eighteen is a pretty big number :D congrats! I could not date someone who hates metal in the way that he would tell me not to turn it on around him or that I'm vesting money on concerts, if he would have prejudice like those 'metal is satan's music' or simply claimed the music is shit. But not because he disrespects the music, but because with that attitude, he would disrespect me and something that I cared for. And that would bring bigger issues in the relationship. You can't make your partner feel less worthy because he/she likes something that you don't.

That sounds awesome! I've been wanting to take dancing classes for years now but I don't want to do it alone :( I've always imagined ending up with a metal fan, but it seems I'm stuck with a rapper :P My bf listen to rap and classical music (not that hip hop shit you hear on MTV, but those that make some sense) but for now it's working out pretty well. He taught me a lot about about the more 'underground' rap music and there are some artist that I like. I also taught him a lot about metal and there are bands that he likes, so at the end we do have some artist in common. He also told me he would go with me on any metal concert I would like to go and I would accompany him on rap concerts. He is very open minded and when I find a band that I like I can show him and he will see the video and tell me his opinion, he helps me order CDs and lets me know if there are any concerts near our town. I guess if you support each other in everything, music is no exception.
Do you get many metal shows in your area? I don't know of many Croatian metal bands (Mistress of the Dead and Ashes You Leave are the only ones that comes to mind), and I don't imagine a ton of bands would tour through the area. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

She's the best' date=' musically our only common interests are artists like Pink Floyd, Johnny Cash, Frank Sinatra, etc..., but she's come to see my doom/death metal band play at a bunch of shitty venues with a bunch of shitty local bands.[/quote'] Sounds like you guys have a great relationship. Maybe one day I'll have me one of those. Anyway...

Do you get many metal shows in your area? I don't know of many Croatian metal bands (Mistress of the Dead and Ashes You Leave are the only ones that comes to mind), and I don't imagine a ton of bands would tour through the area. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
Yea,actually we do. Yesterday Dream Theater played in Zagreb, the capital. We had many shows here, like Metallica, Iron Maiden, Cradle of Filth, Megadeth, Apocalyptica, Rammstein, Nightwish... (just to name some, there were others I don't remember) We even had a festival a few years ago. I often go to Ljubljana, the capital of Slovenia for concerts, and I noticed that Ljubljana and Zagreb (maybe Ljubljana a bit more) are very popular destinations for concerts because all the other 'Balkans' countries like Serbia, Bosnia and Montenegro are close, Italy and Austria are also close, so this concerts are usually sold out. Honestly, I prefer going to Ljubljana because for me it's closer and easier to get to.

As for what's on my mind, I start dance classes tomorrow! I'm really excited. I'll be learning Jamaican dancehall, which is a kingston club style dance with a blend of west african-haitian influces. It's really energetic, silly, and fun. I love dancehall (music) as well as ragga and riddim. Sorta have a feeling this class will kick my ass but that's what I'm aiming for and dance is one of the best ways to build fast-twitch muscle.
That sounds like a lot of fun! I don't dance though. It feels unnatural and awkward. If I tried, I picture my display would probably be the likes of Elaine from Seinfeld. It's a sight to behold :lol:

Yea,actually we do. Yesterday Dream Theater played in Zagreb, the capital. We had many shows here, like Metallica, Iron Maiden, Cradle of Filth, Megadeth, Apocalyptica, Rammstein, Nightwish... (just to name some, there were others I don't remember) We even had a festival a few years ago. I often go to Ljubljana, the capital of Slovenia for concerts, and I noticed that Ljubljana and Zagreb (maybe Ljubljana a bit more) are very popular destinations for concerts because all the other 'Balkans' countries like Serbia, Bosnia and Montenegro are close, Italy and Austria are also close, so this concerts are usually sold out. Honestly, I prefer going to Ljubljana because for me it's closer and easier to get to.
Cool, I wasn't sure what the scene was like out that way. I guess that's one of the positives about Europe, everything is close together. In Salt Lake, we're often skipped by bands both because the turnout isn't great, and also because the next cities most bands will hit are 400-500 miles away. Similarly, it can be difficult to travel to shows because of that distance, if something is not coming through my town, I have to hope that they'll be close enough to merit a road trip that I can do over the weekend. I'm also a good distance from most festivals, the first big one I'll be attending is Maryland Deathfest this year, and I probably would have gone sooner if it wasn't 2,000 miles away. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Cool, I wasn't sure what the scene was like out that way. I guess that's one of the positives about Europe, everything is close together. In Salt Lake, we're often skipped by bands both because the turnout isn't great, and also because the next cities most bands will hit are 400-500 miles away. Similarly, it can be difficult to travel to shows because of that distance, if something is not coming through my town, I have to hope that they'll be close enough to merit a road trip that I can do over the weekend. I'm also a good distance from most festivals, the first big one I'll be attending is Maryland Deathfest this year, and I probably would have gone sooner if it wasn't 2,000 miles away. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
I also have to travel for concerts, my town is not a big one and the only concerts are of some popular pop artist during the summer. But those rides are not more than 2 hours long so I guess I'm lucky, I can always come back home after the concert. Italy also has a lot of concerts, but for some reason the tickets are expensive.

It is so good to have electricity again. it's Wednesday' date=' we had no power from 11pm Monday until 9pm last night, didn't realise how dependant on electricity I was until it went out.[/quote'] I've been in two blackouts here, and it's an amazing experience. There have been plenty of times when I've lost power due to weather conditions, but nothing beats seeing the entire city go dark for a while. I hate that it seems to bring out the worst in some people, but there's a strange peace to it all the same.