What's on your mind?

Apoc

I hope everyone has been well.  I am sorry for my crazy amount of absence lately, with school starting back and my now having a boyfriend, heh, I do not really have time for anything.  I have planned a trip to Germany in August to attend WACKEN!!!  I am very excited, for the music and food=)  How has everyone been doing?

I hope everyone has been well.  I am sorry for my crazy amount of absence lately, with school starting back and my now having a boyfriend, heh, I do not really have time for anything.  I have planned a trip to Germany in August to attend WACKEN!!!  I am very excited, for the music and food=)  How has everyone been doing?

Honestly the lineup doesn't look amazing for me, but I think between the bands that I would want to see and the experience of seeing the world's largest metal festival, it would still be worth the trip. Have fun and take lots of photos!

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Just now, FatherAlabaster said:

Thanks dude, I'll have her look into it. 

They taste great but for a higher percentage of protein in the formula it's probably better to use something from the Optimum Nutrition Platinum range. Those shakes taste pretty ordinary to be honest but the blend is much more protein and much less carbohydrates and amino acids.

On my mind? Quite a lot actually. Firstly I just completed my registration for cycling nationals. I am MUCH better prepared this year and whilst I'm probably not in medal contention I will at least give a good account of myself. It's also quite possible that by mid-year the brother I do get on with and I will be renting a place together as we're both keen to get out of here ASAP.

Oh I'm also 65-35 odds on taking up the bass. Anyone know what a decent entry level setup in that respect might be?

1 hour ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

On my mind? Quite a lot actually. Firstly I just completed my registration for cycling nationals. I am MUCH better prepared this year and whilst I'm probably not in medal contention I will at least give a good account of myself. It's also quite possible that by mid-year the brother I do get on with and I will be renting a place together as we're both keen to get out of here ASAP.

Oh I'm also 65-35 odds on taking up the bass. Anyone know what a decent entry level setup in that respect might be?

Awesome, good luck with all of that. Regarding the bass, the Ibanez SR series are the best affordable option, especially transitioning from the guitar. The necks are really comfortable, and they sound good, plenty of bite and clarity. I recommend a five string since you're experimenting with lower tunings - don't know Australian prices but an SR305 or 405 will go for between $350-500. They do make cheaper models, but the slight step up is worth it. Your guitar amp will be fine for learning and practice - you only need to invest in a bass amp if you're going to play with a band. 

Today has been an awesome day despite having the realisation that the new role I have moved into at work is dull as fuck.  What it does give me is more time at home which means loads of time to listen to music.  Can't see me sticking the new role for very long without going stir crazy but it will suffice for now.

6 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

Today has been an awesome day despite having the realisation that the new role I have moved into at work is dull as fuck.  What it does give me is more time at home which means loads of time to listen to music.  Can't see me sticking the new role for very long without going stir crazy but it will suffice for now.

Didn't you just get a promotion? I understand more time at home could mean less time hunting, and might tip the authorities off to your "pursuits"  once people in your vicinity start disappearing at a higher rate than normal; but as long as you're careful, it sounds like a nice change of pace. 

Well how about that. I'm a good chance of finally finding work - as a second tier paralegal with the office of the Attorney-General, I've just finished an interview & photo op aiming to raise funds for the guide dog service, I'm very good odds of moving out within a couple of months, just need to work harder on improving my social network.

Well how about that. I'm a good chance of finally finding work - as a second tier paralegal with the office of the Attorney-General, I've just finished an interview & photo op aiming to raise funds for the guide dog service, I'm very good odds of moving out within a couple of months, just need to work harder on improving my social network.

Sounds promising. Good luck. I'm sure you'll let us all know if it comes to fruition.

12 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Didn't you just get a promotion? I understand more time at home could mean less time hunting, and might tip the authorities off to your "pursuits"  once people in your vicinity start disappearing at a higher rate than normal; but as long as you're careful, it sounds like a nice change of pace. 

Yes I got promoted but the new role requires a "familiarisation" program whereby I just do data input of job plans.  When I get going proper I just do this in a face to face capacity as far as I can make out - "Do you agree this is what you should work?" with a yes or no answer.  I aim to challenge this process as soon as I can because we are not there to consolidate the client info (the client does that in my view) nor are we there the throw an arm round users shoulders to assure them (again the client change management team should be doing that).  We are there to build a system and support post implementation, if we lose the "fluffy stuff" we would be much more productive as a team and increase our revenues.  I am such a capitalist whore. 

On the way into my guitar lesson and 'Rime Of The Ancient Mariner' starts playing on my iPod. Couldn't help but think to myself you know a really slowed down version of this in D standard tuning would sound pretty cool. So I decided to learn it over Deicide, Morbid Angel, Obituary, Asphyx, Bolt Thrower, or Carcass.