What's on your mind?

Apoc

You guys are crazy, I thought Rotting Christ was great live. The crowd interaction is cheesy, but it's hardly foreign to bigger name metal acts. The music was tight and energetic, and I thought the new material sounded almost as good as the old stuff. Watain's stage presence was a way bigger turn off for me. They're the epitome of try hard black metal that has become more about image than substance, which is clear with how their last couple of albums have suffered from a decline in quality. When I saw them early on, it seemed like they were hungry and into what they were doing, now it just looks like they're putting on a show.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Iceni, good luck with your thesis!

Thanks! Technically just finished and I'm pretty tired. Presentation could have been a lot better but my friend said it went well and my professors seemed happy enough. Only 5 people showed up, though - the two professors, the coordinator of the African Studies Program, my best friend, and my dad over Skype. A little unnerving, I think it threw me off.

25 minutes ago, MacabreEternal said:

In a first for me today I nearly had someone walk out of a training session as the change required in their working life was too much to contemplate. Pathetic really.

It's tough, having to find a new home...

Ancient_church_(8051350998)_(2).jpg

Buy a new bed...

coffin.jpg

Never opening the windows during the day again...

flames.jpg

Really you should have some more sympathy. 

Hope you did something nice with his remains after the session, anyway. :D

I haven't liked anything since Triarchy, so I wasn't really expecting to be blown away. The oldest thing they played was "Archon", and it was a bit of a letdown. This was years ago, anyway, Immolation was the star of that show hands down. 

I'm confident that Immolation would steal any show that they're a part of. They are, without question, one of the most intense live bands on the planet. Just watching the crazy way that Bob Vigna plays his guitar is mind blowing.

21 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

I like painting, but there's no way we would even be able to paint our apartment if we wanted to. The wife and kid and I are crammed into a two-bedroom that she rented for herself when she moved to the city. Home improvement will have to wait.

This is my house. I will be given the option to buy this house in a few years and I will take that option. I painted my living room blood red which looks epic with my black furniture and couches, one more coat to do and I'm done in the living room and I'll be heading upstairs with the black paint, my bed room will be black and dark purple :)

I'll post a picture when I'm done because I'm almost on my post limit (not sure how long that limit is for so I'm being careful)

What does popular contributors mean? Is that to do with activity?

Cool. Good luck with purchasing your house. That's definitely a ways off for my family. I had a red room in an old apartment, and the landlord kept our deposit over it, the bastard...

I think the "popular contributors" thing has to do with how many "horns up" people get. I don't see that field on my phone, but I noticed it on the desktop version. New bells and whistles with the new look, you see. 

13 minutes ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Cool. Good luck with purchasing your house. That's definitely a ways off for my family. I had a red room in an old apartment, and the landlord kept our deposit over it, the bastard...

I think the "popular contributors" thing has to do with how many "horns up" people get. I don't see that field on my phone, but I noticed it on the desktop version. New bells and whistles with the new look, you see. 

I'm in a council house so the small deposit I paid is non refundable anyway. And having a council house means you are pretty much stuck where you are because you only get a house like this once and no rent allowance if you go back to private renting. It so happens that I got the dogs bollocks of council houses and I love where I am so I'm an extremely lucky girl. When I'm here 3 years with no hassle I'll be given the option to buy. I have moved around all my life and never been in the same house for more than 4 years, so I'm happy to finally root. My neighbors are brilliant, they never complain about dogs barking, kids making noise or how loud I play my music (and that is really loud most days). I'm sure having a single mom with 4 dogs and 3 kids and a passion for metal moving in next to them wasn't on their wish list but they are really cool about it. 

And I still can't get on the forum on my phone so it's laptop only for me. 

Whenever I hear about these things I always think of the victims and their families. Then hope the person or people responsible survived so they can rot in prison. Anyway on a happier note my dog decided he wanted to use his water dish as a hat so I just spent 20 minutes cleaning up the mess.

4 hours ago, Ghouly said:

*reading the news about the latest shooting in california*

What goes through my mind?

"Please not a Muslim. Please don't be Muslim!"

Because you don't want to see millions of decent people here, and billions worldwide, unfairly demonized for the actions of some fucking psychos who claim to be acting in accordance with a belief system that "mainstream America" is misinformed enough to think they all share? Yeah, I'm with that.