What's on your mind?

Apoc

Moving sucks. It was exciting when I was a younger. My parents moved around a lot, and I've moved a lot since I started college. Ugh, that was fifteen years ago... it's a ton of work, a lot of money, a whole new set of routines and necessities to adjust to. And you never know about issues the new place might have until you've been there for a while. 

Having said that, best of luck to both of you with your moves. :)

Moving does suck. I run a delivery company, so I always get volunteered to help everyone I know move because I have trucks, and I can't say that it's any fun. It has been nice when it was for people who would pay for the service, but with family, that is almost never the case. Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Moving does suck. I run a delivery company, so I always get volunteered to help everyone I know move because I have trucks, and I can't say that it's any fun. It has been nice when it was for people who would pay for the service, but with family, that is almost never the case. 

Yeah, the physical process is shitty and draining. I helped a friend move earlier this year and I realized, with my knees being all fucked up, I'd better just pay movers whenever my family has to move again.

Paid movers to do our move this year and the time before that. Is much less stressful although they did stack boxes wrong and smashed a load of glasses. Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I find that totally asinine. I do 5-10 moves per year for friends and family, and I've never broken a single item. The concept is simple, stack everything neatly and tightly, and nothing will move of be destroyed. I'm not sure why that's so hard. Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Yeah BAN maybe if you were breaking things people would stop asking huh? :D

Babysitting duties again 'cause my kid brother's school has the day off. Sooooooo can't wait to be in my own place so I don't get called on every time he's not at school regardless of my own plans (which have mostly been cancelled now).

well. after a markedly unproductive day due to inclimate weather, and having to run all around town to collect documents to present to my probation that i did in fact complete the community service required of me and am not just lying, I came home to discover my house had been burglarized of our living room TV, two days before football starts....and after making a mess of every surface, the forensics officer cant seem to find a single definitive fingerprint.

this, is why I drink. 

well. after a markedly unproductive day due to inclimate weather, and having to run all around town to collect documents to present to my probation that i did in fact complete the community service required of me and am not just lying, I came home to discover my house had been burglarized of our living room TV, two days before football starts....and after making a mess of every surface, the forensics officer cant seem to find a single definitive fingerprint.

this, is why I drink. 

Oh fuck. Sorry to hear that, dude. 

Pinch harmonics. This could take a while. In theory the technique isn't that difficult but actually executing it has thus far proven a major pain. I've got it right once today. Just once and I couldn't tell you the number of attempts at this point. On the upside my tremolo picking is smooth, consistent, and decently fast across the board now so yay?

Natural harmonics have always come very easily to me. Pinch harmonics would appear to be a different story. If nothing else becoming competent in the technique adds another layer to my guitar playing. Funnily enough I still find the tremolo picking easier then playing triplets. My theory is that tremolo requires a constant and precise rhythm whilst triplets, althouth still requiring a precise rhythm, are not constant.

You might have been told this already, but I've been told by my teacher that executing a pinch harmonic is easier if you put your picking hand 75% of the distance from the fret to the (place where the strings are anchored on the body, I don't know the term).

My teacher told me each string will have a "sweet spot" where pinch harmonics are easier to execute but that spot varies from string to string, depends on which fret you're playing, and depends on the tension of the strings. His advice was more about having a deft touch as the harder you try to hit the string the less likely you'll execute the technique. He also said it's easier if less of your pick is actually exposed.

After trying to bankrupt me for the last 2 weeks my car decided to assault me tonight and hit my head with it's boot lid resulting in a rather bleedy affair on the supermarket car park.  In addition to this because the police are instruments of the state who punish small crimes to divert attention away from the heinous behaviour of the rich and powerful I also arrived home today to find a speeding fine or the option to go on a "speed awareness" course for exactly the same price (minus points endorsements on my licence).  12mph equals a £100 course plus the cost to get there and then the cost of an unpaid day off work to attend.  I'll take the points officer!

After trying to bankrupt me for the last 2 weeks my car decided to assault me tonight and hit my head with it's boot lid resulting in a rather bleedy affair on the supermarket car park.  In addition to this because the police are instruments of the state who punish small crimes to divert attention away from the heinous behaviour of the rich and powerful I also arrived home today to find a speeding fine or the option to go on a "speed awareness" course for exactly the same price (minus points endorsements on my licence).  12mph equals a £100 course plus the cost to get there and then the cost of an unpaid day off work to attend.  I'll take the points officer!

A likely story. Your poor abused car, having been driven into the ground, and heartlessly forced to break the law by traveling far too fast for far too long, finally had enough. She fought back bravely with the only means at her disposal. Unfortunately, her efforts were in vain; you subdued her, drove her back to your home, and locked her up. And now you're here, blaming the victim, spinning the story in your favor. Typical.