What's on your mind?

Apoc

I know caffeine is a vasoconstrictor and can cause a whole host of problems. That's why there is a warning on energy drinks for people suffering with heart problems/blood pressure. Caffeine is obviously also a neurostimulant so quitting can actually cause a lot of side effects.  Despite this I still like mine strong every morning :) 

Today was pretty awesome. I did the usual day of work, after which I did an experiment which Hooblei: We all played instruments we don't know blindfolded. I then continued my day by going to a free local music festival with a lot of beer (beer that was a bit tóó expensive) end ended up here after a few games of chess at my local pub. yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaah.

After 5 years I have left my only other internet forum haunt.  It was not the place it used to be and too many obnoxious newbies arrived all at once.  Gone are the days you could spend hours on there.

Of late I have become less interested with the internet in general.  Don't get me wrong I still use and (sadly) need it to the point of reliance in some instances but I am no longer drawn to spending hours looking at sites and looking for music as regularly as I used to be.  Time is a big thing too, with work having ramped up nicely to the point where even Netflix isn't getting a look in of an evening at the hotel I am putting more hours in under the old occupation.

After 5 years I have left my only other internet forum haunt.  It was not the place it used to be and too many obnoxious newbies arrived all at once.  Gone are the days you could spend hours on there.

Of late I have become less interested with the internet in general.  Don't get me wrong I still use and (sadly) need it to the point of reliance in some instances but I am no longer drawn to spending hours looking at sites and looking for music as regularly as I used to be.  Time is a big thing too, with work having ramped up nicely to the point where even Netflix isn't getting a look in of an evening at the hotel I am putting more hours in under the old occupation.

Yeh I know what you mean, if it wasn't for work, music and here I wouldn't be using the internet much either. Hope you stick around though, I enjoy your recommends :) 

Fine. Do what you need to do, then. We can take a hint. We're all grown-ups here... wait, that's not right. :D 

This forum has made me more focused on listening to and making music and I watch so much less Netflix and such now than I used to due to choosing to practice bass instead that any amount of time I spend online not listening to music is pretty much negligible. 

That's great. I love listening to new stuff too, but for some reason when I'm writing music I can't listen to much at all. There's too much happening in my head. Yesterday and the day before, I wrote and recorded a track for a grindcore vocalist who I might collaborate with. Gives me a chance to do something different. But I could barely post or listen to anything.

Jokes aside, Macabre, I hope you keep coming around here, I'd miss you if you left for good.

Trains can be great, I used to really enjoy riding Amtrak when I lived in North Carolina. I had a girlfriend who attended college about 3 hours away from where I lived. It cost $8 for a one way ticket, and the train was usually empty, so I'd sit in the dining car and smoke cigarettes and drink coffee, which at the time was my idea of fun. 

Recently I drove to a client site and it took me 8 and a half hours, I normally get the train (or fly) when travelling each week - it gives me time to prep for clients and makes me a lot less tired than driving and getting stuck in traffic.  The road network is so woefully under maintained and so very poorly resourced for the quantities of traffic that use it nowadays it is usually a thoroughly unpleasant journey regardless of the distance involved.

I've enjoyed driving more now that we have a decent-sized vehicle in good condition. Still not my favorite activity, but at least I can sit up straight in a way that doesn't kill my back as quickly. The roads here are usually shit, and they're in a constantly rotating cycle of maintenance, but there certainly are a lot of them... there's an alternate route to almost anywhere. 

One of my friends from Germany is in town for the next two months on vacation. She's been dating my best friend from college for the past 8 or 9 years, and it's always nice to see them together. She was feeding us all juniper schapps until very late last night. I'm not operating at 100% today, but I have no right to have woken up without a headache. I'll probably make up for that later.