What's on your mind?

Apoc

A variety' date=' but currently I'm working on the soundtrack for a game some people at my school are making. I'm a bit new at it honestly, I'm primarily a guitarist.[/quote'] You never sent me any of your stuff! Post something if you feel up to it. I have a couple of friends who do soundtrack work, one of whom is very detail-oriented and is doing really nice work. I don't know if either of them are making much cash with it, though.

You never sent me any of your stuff! Post something if you feel up to it. I have a couple of friends who do soundtrack work' date=' one of whom is very detail-oriented and is doing really nice work. I don't know if either of them are making much cash with it, though.[/quote'] I will at some point. Like I said, I'm pretty new with the electronic stuff. I mean I've dabbled with it forever, but taking it seriously is new. I'm still learning the ins and outs of the new DAW I'm using, for example. But yeah, apparently for this game they're wanting chiptune type stuff, but with a newer flavor, like a Super Meat Boy type thing. When I'm free to do what I like I tend to do more dark industrial stuff.

I'm sorry I haven't been around too much lately. I have a show coming up with the string quartet on Saturday, kind of a big deal - it's our first "metal" show (actually a metalcore show). Unfortunately I just came down with another shitty little cold, and I'm really hoping my voice will hold up. It's been strange practicing with them and a drummer, but it's working to some degree, and I think it would be cool if we get more shows like this, although I get the sense that they want to do more strictly classical stuff coming up. I also have my first Black Harvest show in ten years scheduled for this summer in Massachusetts. I'm really looking forward to it, although there's a daunting amount of work ahead with getting everybody up to speed by then. I can't describe what a great feeling it is to be playing some of these songs with a real band at last.
Oh wow man, that's crazy exciting.

I'm sorry I haven't been around too much lately. I have a show coming up with the string quartet on Saturday, kind of a big deal - it's our first "metal" show (actually a metalcore show). Unfortunately I just came down with another shitty little cold, and I'm really hoping my voice will hold up. It's been strange practicing with them and a drummer, but it's working to some degree, and I think it would be cool if we get more shows like this, although I get the sense that they want to do more strictly classical stuff coming up. I also have my first Black Harvest show in ten years scheduled for this summer in Massachusetts. I'm really looking forward to it, although there's a daunting amount of work ahead with getting everybody up to speed by then. I can't describe what a great feeling it is to be playing some of these songs with a real band at last.
Awesome news on both fronts dude, good luck!

Thanks' date=' man! I can't wait till we're ready to start playing shows. It's great to already have something lined up, gives us a deadline. How is Nevertanezra doing?[/quote'] Good luck! Could you keep me up to date with the dates of you shows in Summer? I'd like to see at least one Black Harvest gig :)

Thanks' date=' man! I can't wait till we're ready to start playing shows. It's great to already have something lined up, gives us a deadline. How is Nevertanezra doing?[/quote'] We're recording our demo next weekend, at which point I'll finish the lyrics and vocal lines for the two songs, and then follow up on laying them down. Once that's done, we're live ready, but we'll likely be much more choosy about the shows that we book, instead of doing 3-4 shows with no turnout each month like before.

Good luck! Could you keep me up to date with the dates of you shows in Summer? I'd like to see at least one Black Harvest gig :)
Of course, I'll post dates in my band thread here as well as FB. Are you coming to the States? I had thought your FB comment was a joke...
We're recording our demo next weekend' date=' at which point I'll finish the lyrics and vocal lines for the two songs, and then follow up on laying them down. Once that's done, we're live ready, but we'll likely be much more choosy about the shows that we book, instead of doing 3-4 shows with no turnout each month like before.[/quote'] That's great news. It's always tough to know which shows to take and which ones to pass on, but playing local shows too frequently sucks. Do you guys have bands that you share bills with frequently?

I honestly have no idea' date=' seen as I only race very rarely and I know next to nothing about cars, I just tend to bolt stuff on and hope for the best. I assume the slang is the same as in the states. Or was that sarcasm?[/quote'] That was absolutly not sarcasm, I'm genuinly interested in non-American sland in English. The phrase "all hotted up" is not used in America, it is Australian I believe, though perhaps not current. Anyway... if you think of something, let me know. Pleas post a pic of this hot rod of your's.

It's a cold you're talking about, but how does your voice hold up with your agressive vocal style. I imagine that the deep growel you use is not that worst for the vocal cords, I'd guess something raspier would be more of a consern. Are you carefull with warming up and such? A summer Black Harvest show in New England! Too exciting. I look forward to that.

It's a cold you're talking about' date=' but how does your voice hold up with your agressive vocal style. I imagine that the deep growel you use is not that worst for the vocal cords, I'd guess something raspier would be more of a consern. Are you carefull with warming up and such? A summer Black Harvest show in New England! Too exciting. I look forward to that.[/quote'] Thanks man! Basically, if I practice frequently without pushing too hard, my voice will stay in good shape for a few hours of rehearsal and be ok by the next day. If I push, I can do some damage that will take a few days to heal. I do a mixture of low and high harsh vocals, but they're based on the same technique, so the potential for damage exists regardless. If this cold stays in my head and tonsils, I'll be fine at the show, but if it starts to move down into my chest, I will probably lose my voice and be screwed for the show, so the name of the game is staying inside and drinking tea.

Of course' date=' I'll post dates in my band thread here as well as FB. Are you coming to the States? I had thought your FB comment was a joke...[/quote'] I plan to, yes. There are a few places I've wanted to visit for quite some time now, which include every continent, so I figured why not visit America at the time of a gig? It's a 2-in-1.

That was absolutly not sarcasm' date=' I'm genuinly interested in non-American sland in English. The phrase "all hotted up" is not used in America, it is Australian I believe, though perhaps not current. Anyway... if you think of something, let me know. Pleas post a pic of this hot rod of your's.[/quote'] The car is currently in pieces in the garage at the moment (cooling issue, never drive 80 miles with no fan, I did the last 20 with the bonnet off and tied to the roof). It basically looks like a stock '73 charger with this paint scheme and a hell of a lot more (surface) rust. It's the quintessential 80s street machine, but more beat up. [ATTACH=CONFIG]1792[/ATTACH] As for the slang thing, most of the people who "race" or "work on cars" near me are of the boy racer import type. The kind that thinks a civic with a 1.6 litre engine can outstrip a 7.2 litre v8 and welds baked bean cans onto the back of the exhaust to "make it sound quality ,yeah". Probably the most common thing I hear is "my ride is well fast brah, you got nuthin' on me". I can never tell whether they are actually using slang or if they are too stupid to speak correctly. I'll stop now before I start to rant too much.

Nice, thanks. "well fast brah" makes me think of the Cathrine Tate show a little or maybe Little Britan. I think I might try putting a bean can on my Dodge Grand Caravan, that sounds like a good idea, bet I can find good instructional pics on the web somewhere. "boy racer import type" There is some language I don't get, they drive forien cars like hondas? but what does Boy Racer mean, is that a TV charactor I've never heard of or something like that? Wikipedia was helpful for me with this in part. "Boy racers are typically known for speeding away from traffic lights, playing loud music, and revving their engines rather than actual street racing A typical boy racer is seen as a young man who sits very low in his seat and wears a beanie, baseball cap and/or hoodie." and this as well "A boy racer refers to a motorist who drives an automobile that has been modified with aftermarket body kits, audio system and exhaust system, usually in an unlawful manner. It can also means a compact sporty coupe that is heavily modified for racing." So you see the choice bit you used naturally thinking I would understand it. That is slang gold my man, thank you very much.

Of course, I'll post dates in my band thread here as well as FB. Are you coming to the States? I had thought your FB comment was a joke... That's great news. It's always tough to know which shows to take and which ones to pass on, but playing local shows too frequently sucks. Do you guys have bands that you share bills with frequently?
Not really. There are a couple of bands that we've played with 2-3 times, but for the most part, it was always different. The scene seems like it has a better selection of bands in it now, so that will help.

The car is currently in pieces in the garage at the moment (cooling issue, never drive 80 miles with no fan, I did the last 20 with the bonnet off and tied to the roof). It basically looks like a stock '73 charger with this paint scheme and a hell of a lot more (surface) rust. It's the quintessential 80s street machine, but more beat up. [ATTACH=CONFIG]1792[/ATTACH] As for the slang thing, most of the people who "race" or "work on cars" near me are of the boy racer import type. The kind that thinks a civic with a 1.6 litre engine can outstrip a 7.2 litre v8 and welds baked bean cans onto the back of the exhaust to "make it sound quality ,yeah". Probably the most common thing I hear is "my ride is well fast brah, you got nuthin' on me". I can never tell whether they are actually using slang or if they are too stupid to speak correctly. I'll stop now before I start to rant too much.
I like the color scheme, it's retro without being annoying or stupid. To be completely charitable to the snapback squad, it depends what kind of racing. Motor Trend tried to use a 425hp 2005 Dodge Charger Hemi to pursue a 3rd-gen Mazda Miata MX-5 with less than 200hp in an urban hot pursuit sort of thing and it got left in the dust.

Think I'm going to hit my modem with a hammer. Maybe then my internet will FUCKING WORK PROPERLY. It's been over a week with intermittent or no 'net access. I had important shit to do and couldn't. Now I've missed my deadline and my uni has fucked me hard with this "expelled + give us our fees in the next month or we ruin your credit for life" situation. Where THE FUCK am I going to get 200k in a month? Why does the universe take perverse pleasure in waiting 'til I'm really happy and content then unleashing a category 6 shitstorm on me?

I just bought my ticket to see Napalm Death' date=' Voivod, Exhumed, Phobia, and Iron Reagan in Oakland, CA this Friday! STOKED!!![/quote'] Damn you I live down in So Cal and had planed on going but I have to go back t work Friday. You lucky bastard. Make sure to mosh extra hard for me hahaha. On a different note I'm back and plan on posting more again. Just spent the last 2 weeks in the hospital because of pneumonia. I'm doing better now and about to get back to work. Hope everyone is doing good.