What's on your mind?

Apoc

Re: What's on your mind? I rarely ever drink, but when I do I'm a happy srunk. Happy sober too, most days. I find myself really uncomfortable around people who are wasted. The joys of being raised by alcoholics, woo. Theyre the reason I barely touch booze. This is sooooo fucking unmetal of me but damnit I love a good pina colada.

Thank you very much: FatherAlabaster, Murp & Ghouly!! Yesterday was alright. I took a half day at work, went home and fell asleep watching the Fairly Odd Parents (Yes, I party harder than most I know) only to be awoken by my mom calling to remind me that I was coming down to spend some time with them. Good thing too or I'd have slept through practice. :D Ban & and jammed for a couple of hours breaking in the middle to BS about his trip to Denver. It sounds like it was a blast and a half with all the people he not only reacquainted himself with but met for the first time. Murp, you NEED to check out Lycanthia. Their last album is all sorts of badassery and even you can enjoy it!! Speaking of jamming; our new song is pretty much full on death metal right now. I figure we're four minutes into it (roughly) and it's two to three riffs. I'm debating on keeping it that way just to mess with people. :D Anyway, tonight it's Indian for dinner!! I'm uber stoked!!

What's on my mind: songwriting. I don't know how it works for other people, but for me it's a different challenge every time. Sometimes songs just write themselves; but this one is pesky. It's not coming together. Even though there's enough thematic material there for two songs, and it probably will wind up being at least two songs... nothing is clicking into place. Unfortunately patience doesn't usually pay off in this situation.

Re: What's on your mind?

I'm mad at BAN for getting me hooked on Anata's "The Conductor's Departure". It's so good that I have to actually order a copy instead of just buying a download. BAN is costing me extra money.
I am kind of good at that. And yes, that album is fantastic, one of the best modern tech-death albums out there. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you very much: FatherAlabaster, Murp & Ghouly!! Yesterday was alright. I took a half day at work, went home and fell asleep watching the Fairly Odd Parents (Yes, I party harder than most I know) only to be awoken by my mom calling to remind me that I was coming down to spend some time with them. Good thing too or I'd have slept through practice. :D Ban & and jammed for a couple of hours breaking in the middle to BS about his trip to Denver. It sounds like it was a blast and a half with all the people he not only reacquainted himself with but met for the first time. Murp, you NEED to check out Lycanthia. Their last album is all sorts of badassery and even you can enjoy it!! Speaking of jamming; our new song is pretty much full on death metal right now. I figure we're four minutes into it (roughly) and it's two to three riffs. I'm debating on keeping it that way just to mess with people. :D Anyway, tonight it's Indian for dinner!! I'm uber stoked!!
Got caught up jamming yesterday and forgot to say happy birthday, sorry about that. And yes, fucking death metal. Been thinking of more riffs and some changes today, also been feeling like I'm in lyrical mode, so hopefully I can get some shit written. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

What's on my mind: songwriting. I don't know how it works for other people' date=' but for me it's a different challenge every time. Sometimes songs just write themselves; but this one is pesky. It's not coming together. Even though there's enough thematic material there for two songs, and it probably will wind up being at least two songs... nothing is clicking into place. Unfortunately patience doesn't usually pay off in this situation.[/quote'] Sometimes the song just doesn't reveal itself to you right away, or it just might not have hit you. You have to go with what the song demands, and even then the flow of inspiration can vary. The worst thing you could do is force it, start working on something else and be patient. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Got caught up jamming yesterday and forgot to say happy birthday, sorry about that. And yes, fucking death metal. Been thinking of more riffs and some changes today, also been feeling like I'm in lyrical mode, so hopefully I can get some shit written. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Murp. Ever thought of doing Tour de France.
Where to even begin. Well no, I haven't, not for a minute. Firstly I would need to qualify for a professional team i.e. Orica-GreenEDGE. There are no professional tandem cycling teams of course so that rules that out. Even if there were and I did somehow manage to get myself drafted there is no way I could ride that kind of distance. They cover insane distances every day with only two days break across three weeks. It's completely insane. So no I have not thought of riding in the Tour De France. What I am thinking about, and in fact am aiming for, is to qualify for the 2016 Paralympic cycling team. Hence why I have gotten involved in track and road cycling programs. Sadly due to my own disorganisation I have missed the chance to compete in State or National track championships this year but that's just a minor setback. Oh great now I completely forgot what it was I was going to say.

Oh no wait now I remember Ok Soundwave (Australia's major "metal" festival have announced their lineup. Bands possibly worth seeing are as follows: Megadeth, Testament, GWAR and Amon Amarth. Bands I would have to endure in order to see them: motionless in white, living colour, asking alexandria, trivium, alice in chains, green day, avenged sevenfold, afi, ill-nino, tesseract, volbeat, whitechapel, mushroomhead, skindred, the black dahlia murder, letlive, five finger death punch, august burns red, baroness, clutch, alkaline trio, korn, devildriver, placebo and a bunch of no name bands with stupid names like Bowling For Soup and Pulled Apart By Puppies, or maybe it was Ponies

Oh no wait now I remember Ok Soundwave (Australia's major "metal" festival have announced their lineup. Bands possibly worth seeing are as follows: Megadeth, Testament, GWAR and Amon Amarth. Bands I would have to endure in order to see them: motionless in white, living colour, asking alexandria, trivium, alice in chains, green day, avenged sevenfold, afi, ill-nino, tesseract, volbeat, whitechapel, mushroomhead, skindred, the black dahlia murder, letlive, five finger death punch, august burns red, baroness, clutch, alkaline trio, korn, devildriver, placebo and a bunch of no name bands with stupid names like Bowling For Soup and Pulled Apart By Puppies, or maybe it was Ponies
Quite the uneven lineup. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Randomly wound up at a Fuck The Facts show last night. I hadn't been to the venue (Acheron in Brooklyn) since they "remodeled", so I was pleasantly surprised - it's a viable venue now rather than a shithole. (I like playing in shitholes. but the layout was really weird.) Anyway it was a better place than it used to be to actually enjoy a show. I missed a band that I really liked, Hivesmasher (grind from Boston), but I heard they killed it. Meek Is Murder trotted out their derivative, Convergy hipster hardcore. They had some cool moments, good sounds and interesting chord choices, but ultimately "controlled chaos" doesn't really work if it's the same chaos that you've been hearing for the last fifteen years or so. And I hate to say it but the tight jeans, mop hair, and rockstar flailing looked really fake and out of place. It's not that I care about their look; it's that they care too much. Anyway they played well and the drummer is a heavy hitter with some good ideas. Fit For An Autopsy was next. I have to admit that I was fully expecting to hate them. Slightly techy, somewhat melodic slam-oriented deathcore with that modern br00tl sound that I really despise. I don't like their recordings. But you know what? They blew me away. The Acheron is a really tiny place and I was off to the side of the stage about six feet away, so I could see and hear everything. They played like fucking professionals. There's nothing fake about their ability, even though the recordings sound like studio magic; their drummer is a beast. No bullshit with his hits, he was totally solid and precise. The sound there has always been a bit crappy and raw; it's got a real "local show" vibe, and in that context, without the benefit (?) of pristine modern production, they played a great set. Fuck The Facts played pretty well, although they honestly didn't hold up to FFAA's performance. Their drummer was precise, but not as hard of a hitter, and the "filthy" guitar tone didn't come through very well - which isn't to say that the guitarists weren't playing their asses off. Again, they had some great moments (if you like that sort of thing) but the energy was a bit lacking. The dual vocals were the most engaging part of their show, and while I appreciate that the band didn't go out of their way to fake intensity, they looked a bit tired and worn out. It was after midnight... Regardless of what you think of the music, it's tiny little shithole shows like this that really show what a band has to offer in terms of real sound and musicianship, and I was happily surprised to see my expectations shot to shit by some really solid, honest performances. Especially from Fit For An Autopsy. I'm not buying their records, but I can't hate on them.