Recommended Black Metal bands?

stuarthall95

Hello fuckers, so I listen to BM and crust punk since I was 12, almost 18 years ago, but still cannot find any, like, anything at all about some bands, wheter from Chile, Czech republic, Ukraine, etc, so if anyone knows bout a link, a contact, an address, something to get any of these, will be highly appreciated. I am from costa rica central america so its very difficult to get anything here, a little list of bands is here: [TABLE=class: display dataTable] [TR=class: odd] [TD]Antichrist [/TD] [TD]Germany[/TD] [TD]1983[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even] [TD]Blackfire [/TD] [TD]Malaysia[/TD] [TD]1982[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd] [TD]Bloody Cross [/TD] [TD]Chile[/TD] [TD]1986[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even] [TD]Equinox [/TD] [TD]Sweden [/TD] [TD]1986[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd] [TD]Fantom [/TD] [TD]Poland[/TD] [TD]1985[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even] [TD]Hastur [/TD] [TD]Peru[/TD] [TD]1984[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd] [TD]Hymn of Destruction [/TD] [TD]Spain [/TD] [TD]1983[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd] [TD]Nocturnal Crypt [/TD] [TD]United States[/TD] [TD]1986[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even] [TD]Skullface [/TD] [TD]France[/TD] [TD]1983[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd] [TD]The Morgue [/TD] [TD]Chile [/TD] [TD]1986[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even] [TD]Third Storm [/TD] [TD]Sweden [/TD] [TD]1986 [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] those are just a few, and many thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A while ago, I ran into a song that I really liked on Youtube by a band that I think was black metal. The cover looked to be a black and white photograph of what appeared to be a corpse-like individual, and I think it looked like his head was on fire (no, it wasn't the famous photo of the Buddhist monk setting himself on fire). It was a black and white picture, but the shade were more like those old photos where instead of pure white, there is a slightly sickly yellowish-brown tinge. It looked really eerie, and the music was awesome. Does anyone know what album/band this is? I think it was black metal, so I'm posting here, but it could have been death metal.

• 1 month later...

Re: Curious? There are tons of videos in there, which would be a good resource, but if old school metal is more your forte, I would suggest starting at the beginning with black metal. Venom's first 3 albums, Mercyful Fate before their breakup and reformation, Bathory's first 4 albums, Sodom up through the Sodomy and Lust EP, Destruction's Sentence of Death and Infernal Overkill, Bulldozer, NME's Unholy Death, Hellhammer, Celtic Frost's up through Into the Pandemonium, Tormentor's Anno Domini, Sarcofago's INRI & Rotting, Mayhem's Deathcrush, Necrodeath's Into the Macabre and Fragments of Insanity, Treblinka, etc... This is what is referred to as first wave black metal, the evolution into second wave black metal occurred because of the steps that many of these bands were taking, which is where black metal spread like wildfire and popped up various scenes all over the world, the Norwegian scene being the most popular. Second wave black metal still had many ties to first wave black metal, but much of what is heard these days is even more "evolved" than there, not bearing much superficial resemblance to the bands that kicked it off. Hope this helps. I'm the kind of guy that usually checks out the older stiff first, for both subgenres and bands themselves, so this would be my preferred method. Or, you could just dig right in, I think I posted my top 100 black metal albums on here at some point... Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

• 1 month later...

I am looking for very very underground 80s black metal recordings Chonete There is band around the time of Bathory starting called Mephisto from Germany. I've been wanting to hear them. There's the Czech bands masters hammer and root but you probably already know them. Ammit from chile is not old but play in the old style Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Re: I am looking for very very underground 80s black metal recordings

Chonete There is band around the time of Bathory starting called Mephisto from Germany. I've been wanting to hear them. There's the Czech bands masters hammer and root but you probably already know them. Ammit from chile is not old but play in the old style Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
I thought Mefisto was an early Swedish black metal band, but maybe you're talking about a different Mefisto. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I am looking for very very underground 80s black metal recordings Perhaps this is where my confusion comes in. Either way I recommend it for chonete if it's the one that has similarities to Bathory. Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Re: I am looking for very very underground 80s black metal recordings

Perhaps this is where my confusion comes in. Either way I recommend it for chonete if it's the one that has similarities to Bathory. Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
They are a cool band, it would be nice to get my hands on their discography comp, but it was super limited and usually goes for a few hundred bucks on eBay. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

• 5 months later...

There's a thread titled 'Recommendations' in this section of the forum with a huge rundown of black metal bands. I'll bump it up to the top for you. In the meantime the following albums may appeal to your taste Ulver - Bergtatt Dissection - Storm Of The Light's Bane / Where Dead Angels Lie Primordial - Storm Before Calm Melechesh - Sphynx Immortal - At The Heart Of Winter

• 2 weeks later...

Stuff like In the Nightside? Honestly I don't feel like there are very many newer records to compare to that masterpiece. You might want to check out something by Watain, maybe Lawless Darkness? And if you are open minded possibly something by Deathspell Omega. Not that they sound anything at all like Emperor or Satyricon, but they have an experimental edge that I think someone like Ihsahn would approve of.

Stuff like In the Nightside? Honestly I don't feel like there are very many newer records to compare to that masterpiece. You might want to check out something by Watain' date= maybe Lawless Darkness? And if you are open minded possibly something by Deathspell Omega. Not that they sound anything at all like Emperor or Satyricon, but they have an experimental edge that I think someone like Ihsahn would approve of.
There are few bands that capture the best parts of early Emperor, especially recently. I'm quite enamored with Lunar Aurora though, whose debut Weltengänger is fucking magnificent for the style. This is not meant to detract from the quality of their newer albums, but their later works are much more adventurous, whereas the debut had a more traditional symphonic melodies over savage riffs ala ItNS.

There are few bands that capture the best parts of early Emperor' date=' especially recently. I'm quite enamored with Lunar Aurora though, whose debut Weltengänger is fucking magnificent for the style. This is not meant to detract from the quality of their newer albums, but their later works are much more adventurous, whereas the debut had a more traditional symphonic melodies over savage riffs ala ItNS.[/quote'] I'll have to check them out.