• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 9/15/2020 at 11:47 PM, ratsandmetal said:

I am the mom of four rats

20200907_163030 (1).jpg

20200827_224059.jpg

they are some fine looking rats and beat the ones we get at work. are they just regular rats or special breed. 

ive no animals  but my mum has a donkey,pony,cat and a very enthusiastic dog who seems dippy but is in fact quite clever at getting her way. 😁

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2019 at 5:12 PM, Thrashman said:

My dog turned ten earlier this month. Time sure does fly ?

IMG_6257.JPG

thrashman i know some dogs but i cant figure out which are in your dog. any idea? is your doggie part jack russel. is ten old for your type of dog. some dont last much more than this. hows your dog now. are they still with us. lots of questions like an interrogation 😫😂

5 minutes ago, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

thrashman i know some dogs but i cant figure out which are in your dog. any idea? is your doggie part jack russel. is ten old for your type of dog. some dont last much more than this. hows your dog now. are they still with us. lots of questions like an interrogation 😫😂

She's almost twelve now, and is half jack russell/half chihuahua. I don't really know/want to know about life expectancy, but no signs of slowing down yet (touch wood).

On 5/12/2021 at 11:27 PM, Thrashman said:

She's almost twelve now, and is half jack russell/half chihuahua. I don't really know/want to know about life expectancy, but no signs of slowing down yet (touch wood).

thrashman sir, wow i was right about jack russel part, yes🤗 chihuahua too interesting  🤔 there popular dogs ive heard people talk about. re life expectancy. well thats up you to look up. does your dog require much walking. 

10 hours ago, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

thrashman sir, wow i was right about jack russel part, yes🤗 chihuahua too interesting  🤔 there popular dogs ive heard people talk about. re life expectancy. well thats up you to look up. does your dog require much walking. 

She definitely needs walking every day, and tires less easily than me 😄 And the chihuahua part gives her a lot of personality. She’s basically the perfect dog 🙂

12 hours ago, Thrashman said:

She definitely needs walking every day, and tires less easily than me 😄 And the chihuahua part gives her a lot of personality. She’s basically the perfect dog 🙂

thrashman. thats fantastic youve got a dog you appreciate so much. i hope for both your sakes she has many more years in her. also are you concerned about your beloved pet being stolen. i hear about it more and more on radio and newspapers. theres even dogs who go missing from locked back gardens. 

10 minutes ago, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

thrashman. thats fantastic youve got a dog you appreciate so much. i hope for both your sakes she has many more years in her. also are you concerned about your beloved pet being stolen. i hear about it more and more on radio and newspapers. theres even dogs who go missing from locked back gardens. 

I never leave her unattended, even in the garden.

• 5 months later...

I have two cats and a tiger barb fish right now. I've had dogs, guinea pigs, hamsters, a turtle and even a lizard in the past, but cats have always been my favorite. I would like to get a bunny though, I love bunnies. Like guinea pigs, which are my second favorite pet, everything about them is ridiculous: their big ears, the silly way they hop around when they are happy, the fact that they're always eating & pooping (usually at the same time).

I miss my guinea pigs though. I'm thinking of adopting another one sometime soon, maybe from a shelter if they have any that were rescued. I like the guinea pigs with ruffled hair the most. They make great pets and you can keep them in a rubbermaid tote, just spread some wood chips on the bottom and feed them pellets and fresh vegetables, give them stuff to chew on so their teeth don't grow too long and then you can hold them in your lap, put them on the floor and watch them waddle around... they're fun.

My lizard, when I had one, was a cuban anole. He could change colors and used to sit on a stick under his heat lamp, eat his crickets, and just chill. When I'd take him out he'd sit on my arm and enjoy the body heat or climb up the curtains.

I like pets.

Now back up to 4 cats after the additions of two kittens (Vlad and Mina) this past fortnight.  Integration with the 16 year old and 4 year old going well, a few gentle paws to assert authority but the kittens (as usual) are fearless.  Slowly opening up the house to them and finding new crevices, gaps between walls and furniture that need closing off and we are running out of cushions to do so with.

My wife and I miss the cat who recently passed a bit too much to get another right now, but my son keeps on lobbying for it. He's really interested in purebreds; he reads his encyclopedia of cat breeds for fun. I'm assuming a kitten will be chosen at some point after the baby shows up, and this apartment will be a complete zoo. We're down to two cats and two birds at the moment. Place feels a little empty.

4 minutes ago, FatherAlabaster said:

My wife and I miss the cat who recently passed a bit too much to get another right now, but my son keeps on lobbying for it. He's really interested in purebreds; he reads his encyclopedia of cat breeds for fun. I'm assuming a kitten will be chosen at some point after the baby shows up, and this apartment will be a complete zoo. We're down to two cats and two birds at the moment. Place feels a little empty.

I hear ya.  Since Bruce died we have both struggled and probably the new ones are earlier than planned but the rescue place rang us and we just had to do the right thing.  Regrettably bought a new sofa and chair the week before and the upholstery on those are fucked now but that can be repaired.

2 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

I hear ya.  Since Bruce died we have both struggled and probably the new ones are earlier than planned but the rescue place rang us and we just had to do the right thing.  Regrettably bought a new sofa and chair the week before and the upholstery on those are fucked now but that can be repaired.

We're going to find a rescue when the time comes. My wife wants a pair of kittens. Double the fun! Really, she basically wants a menagerie... goats and sheep have been mentioned... We saw one cat online that we wanted to help, but looked like it needed more than we could give - a 16 year old rescue who needs a loving home for the last year or so. My heart went out to the little fella but we can't do it right now.

When I move to New York, I'm going to get a rabbit. I want one of those huge rabbits, the Flemish Giant that's the size of a Sheltie dog. They can weigh like 15lbs and they're just docile and wonderful. You can litter train them and everything and I think it would be awesome to have a giant bunny just hopping around my house and sleeping in my bed with me like a cat. The sad thing is that they only have a lifespan of about five years and I feel like I'd fall in love with it and then it would naturally pass away and I'd be crushed. I'd also consider a French Lop at some point in the future after owning another rabbit (they're huge and can be difficult for first time rabbiteers to take care of). People say that rabbits aren't the most "metal" pets out there, but it doesn't matter because I already have one of the most metal pets in existence: a black cat.

I can't see myself owning a snake because you have to feed rabbits and rodents to them and I can't deal with that. I like snakes and all, but I prefer them to be in their natural environment: my garden and they can eat all the mice and rats that they want out there and I have no problem with it. I wouldn't get an Iguana because they've always been very nasty animals in my experience and either bite or whip you with their tail. I'd definitely get a frog or a tortoise though (not an aquatic turtle, too difficult to keep their tanks clean). If I was going to get another reptile though, I'd get a bearded dragon or another Cuban anole (the latter because I like how they can turn themselves black to absorb heat better, it's really cool).

I worked with a younger girl who used to rescue/foster unwanted bearded dragons and had like 7 of them at once. They're cool because they can be fed insects or certain vegetables (but you have to check because certain foods can calcium-bind them and prevent them from absorbing calcium). The only problem with bearded dragons is that they tend to have congenital defects. She had one that had two heads and it didn't live that long, but that was actually really cool because she took care of it very well as she really loved these reptiles and would take them in, then find permanent homes for them among other reptile fans.

Another "pet" I really like are fish. They're very relaxing to watch and right now I only have a single tiger barb in a two gallon aquarium because they're semi-aggressive and you can generally only put them with other tiger barbs or clown loaches. I know that you're generally supposed to have five or more, but nobody at the pet store told me that when I was initially taking him home. Other fish that I like a lot are neon tetras, zebra danios, angelfish (once had one that lived 14 years and got huge and we had to transfer her to her own tank because of her size as cichlids usually do), and swordtails. The thing with aquariums is that you have to be careful about what sizes of fish you put in there because big fish will eat smaller fish and this has happened to me before and then I felt bad. Of course, I've also had swordtails breed in captivity and then wound up with scores of fry that I had to buy a second tank for, but this has only happened once in all my years of keeping fish.

• 1 year later...