Cannibal Corpse

MegaMetal666Head

Re: Cannibal Corpse

Cannibal Corpse are fucking kings! I just did an essay on them for my course and back in high school I sang Death Walking Terror. The look of fucking horror on all these parents faces was fucking classic! Anyways, fucking love Corpse', my favourite fucking band too, love em!
Epic :twisted:

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Cannibal Corpse I don't see how you can call yourself a fan of extreme music and at least not give CC props. Death never touched half the stuff that CC did and popularized for the entire shitty subgenre of Suffocation clones on labels like Sevared and Brutal bands, the band practically invented gory lyrics and the extremity factor only trumped by bands like Suffocation and Cryptopsy. The first four albums are obligatory classics for anyone into brutal music.

Re: Cannibal Corpse I will give Cannibal Corpse props for staying the course and not breaking up or wildly changing as some of their peers did. I still just don't get excited when I listen to their material, the riffs, drums, vocals, and songwriting are all boring to me. They also don't really have a lot of variance between songs, so hearing the same elements that bore me over and over without much to change it up doesn't help their case. All of these things considered though, I don't really see them as being very innovative or important to death metal. They weren't one of the original bands formulating the style, but came around during the death metal explosion when everyone started playing the style, and didn't really do anything to push the genre forward or set themselves apart. Most notable death metal bands of the time pushed the boundaries by being more dark, evil, heavy, fast, slow, filthy, technical, melodic, or original than their contemporaries, or at least were good at writing catchy, memorable, or heartfelt material that stuck with you. The point that most people make about their gory image and lyrics is valid, but other bands did it earlier (like Carcass), and weren't cheesy about it like Cannibal Corpse are. They were right in the middle of everything, being overshadowed on all fronts by superior bands in every area, and were it not for them signing on with one of the biggest record labels that were signing death metal bands at the time, they may well have been forgotten. Then again, their over the top image netted them fans that weren't even interested in death metal, and having that crossover appeal has also really helped their case. I'm not saying that they're a bad band, or have anything against them or their fans, I just don't really like them, and they don't really bring anything to the table for me to give them credit for being anything other than just another early 90's death metal band.

• 3 months later...

Re: Cannibal Corpse from what I've heard of Cannibal Corpse I have to say I don't like them very much, granted their album artwork is pretty cool, in a gruesome, B-grade horror movie sort of way, but their songs just aren't all that interesting, I see the artwork on their albums and I expect the band to be extremely heavy with gruesome lyrics and sick sounding vocals but they just sound like a bunch of other death metal bands I heard four years ago that put me off the genre to such a degree that I am only now beginning to have any interest or tolerance for the genre, what I look for in death metal is either technicality and complexity, something insanely heavy, or something with a catchy melody that is well written, Cannibal Corpse provide me with none of those things and as a result their music does not appeal to me, but hey to each their own I mean this is coming from a Pantera fan...pauses for laughter

from what I've heard of Cannibal Corpse I have to say I don't like them very much' date=' granted their album artwork is pretty cool, in a gruesome, B-grade horror movie sort of way, but their songs just aren't all that interesting, I see the artwork on their albums and I expect the band to be extremely heavy with gruesome lyrics and sick sounding vocals but they just sound like a bunch of other death metal bands I heard four years ago that put me off the genre to such a degree that I am only now beginning to have any interest or tolerance for the genre, what I look for in death metal is either technicality and complexity, something insanely heavy, or something with a catchy melody that is well written, Cannibal Corpse provide me with none of those things and as a result their music does not appeal to me, but hey to each their own I mean this is coming from a Pantera fan...pauses for laughter[/quote'] Cannibal Corpse doesn't really sound like a lot of other bands. A lot of other bands sound like Cannibal Corpse. :lol: And Pantera was awesome, I don't care what any of these 16-year-old history revisionists might say about them today. They were the shit.

Re: Cannibal Corpse I should warn you then that the number of people on here that actually like Pantera is limited to yourself, me, Apoc, and possibly The Strategos and BlutAusNerd, every other person I have encountered on here so far views Pantera as the second worst thing ever to happen to metal behind metallica's st. anger album

I should warn you then that the number of people on here that actually like Pantera is limited to yourself' date=' me, Apoc, and possibly The Strategos and BlutAusNerd, every other person I have encountered on here so far views Pantera as the second worst thing ever to happen to metal behind metallica's st. anger album[/quote'] Well, of course. That's how it is these days. I don't really give a shit. :lol:

it's all metal' date=' who cares if the band is popular or not, if we wanted to be popular we wouldn't be listening to metal lol[/quote'] Yeah, basically. I've been listening to metal since I was like, 13 in 1989/1990, so I'm not bothered when some kid is like "You like Pantera? Hahahahaha U Poser! U shuld listin to REAL metal like so-and-so" and all that nonsense. Of course those kinds of conversations only happen on the internet. No one talks like that at shows or other real life gatherings of metal fans.

I've noticed that as well' date=' I'll admit I do have a fair amount of hate for bands that focus on image over their music i.e. slipknot, but hey if their music makes people happy they're not a bad band, just one that I don't like[/quote'] Well yeah, I'm just saying that people like all different kinds of things, so live and let live, y'know? Of course there's bands I can't even be civil about, like Nickelback. Nickelback makes people happy, and they are a TERRIBLE band. :lol: ...Or any of those metalcore bands with 8 words in their names that are always awful. As far as Slipknot goes, meh, I might occasionally hear an older song of theirs and get something out of it but it's in one ear and out the other, really. But I don't dislike them nearly as much as all the emo/core/skinny pants crap like Asking Alexandra or any of that atrocious noise.

Re: Cannibal Corpse Im a HUGE CC fan. I have been since the day they came out on Metal Blade. I think their stuff was supreme on The Bleeding, and everything before it was legendary for different reasons. I think Evisceration Plague is their peak since George has been with them, but I'm really digging Torture. It seems though they stripped down some of the emphasis on the technical side of the house and went with more straight forward bludgeoning. How do you guys feel about the record so far? Going to meet up with them in Raleigh on 4/7. I'm excited. They are good friends of mine (Alex actually recorded bass on a few tracks from my old death metal band in NY called Half Dead, so I'm a little biased!) Long Live Cannibal Corpse! www.facebook.com/outliarmetal www.outliar.com

Im a HUGE CC fan. I have been since the day they came out on Metal Blade. I think their stuff was supreme on The Bleeding, and everything before it was legendary for different reasons. I think Evisceration Plague is their peak since George has been with them, but I'm really digging Torture. It seems though they stripped down some of the emphasis on the technical side of the house and went with more straight forward bludgeoning. How do you guys feel about the record so far? Going to meet up with them in Raleigh on 4/7. I'm excited. They are good friends of mine (Alex actually recorded bass on a few tracks from my old death metal band in NY called Half Dead, so I'm a little biased!) Long Live Cannibal Corpse! http://www.facebook.com/outliarmetal http://www.outliar.com
Torture is a great album. It's catchy, technical, brutal and diverse, full of instantly recognizable songs that stand apart from anything else in their catalog. Their best since KILL, IMO. They've put out a couple by-the-numbers albums(Gore Obsessed), but for the most part I love all the Corpsegrinder era stuff. And even the sub-par(by their standards) output is still highly enjoyable.

Torture is a great album. It's catchy, technical, brutal and diverse, full of instantly recognizable songs that stand apart from anything else in their catalog. Their best since KILL, IMO. They've put out a couple by-the-numbers albums(Gore Obsessed), but for the most part I love all the Corpsegrinder era stuff. And even the sub-par(by their standards) output is still highly enjoyable.
I still don't get it. I've heard multiple tracks from various albums throughout their career and I've seen them live, and they just can't hold my interest. I don't harbor any hate for them, they're just massively mediocre, like the cartoon version of death metal that exists in the minds of minds of people who are not familiar with the style. Even writing that I still can't see the problem, there's just something missing besides that which makes them so unexciting for me. I take that back, I did like that instrumental track from Gallery of Suicide that NTNR posted a while back, but it sounded more like something Morbid Angel or Immolation would have done than anything I've heard from CC before.