Metal Shop Suggestions

Iceni

I went to the Metal Shop to check out their merchandise. What they do have is great, but I think that in the spirit of capitalism we need to show the shop owners how they can fulfill the metal demand. :) I've got a truckload of ideas but I would like to see some other people's thoughts before I haul out another half-page post, as is my custom.. :P So: what would you like to see available for purchase at the metal shop? Bumper stickers? Armbands? You name it.

Re: Metal Shop Suggestions

Bracelet' date=' keyring, teddybears, hoodie, sweatband, etc. :D[/quote'] Awwww. Teddy Bears. Oh yes. We'll give them little vambraces and boots with spikes. :D Actually, a keyring with a metal skull (like what Shadow's got on her avatar) and MF on the back would be great. I think it would also be a bit more bipartisan. Heck, even a Demon Hunter-esque skull would be cool.

Re: Metal Shop Suggestions A set of hats saying 'Metal Head' may work...it'd be a touch ironic. Perhaps some t-shirt with an image of a Viking carrying a sword and holding up a bag of bread could bear the slogan 'Breadly Berserker'. Perhaps he could be walking away, with a bloody sword and scratched shield, carrying that same bag home. Then again, Vikings do get all the credit for this stuff. Maybe we could have a knight bearing a banner with the Metal Forum logo for all of the power metal fans out there! :mrgreen:

Maybe a rider on a flaming horse brandishing a cross in one hand and a Metal Forum shield' date=' the rider could be Vengeance.[/quote'] Awesome. The only problem is how we'd incorporate the Metal Forum logo. But a flaming horse is absolutely fantastic. Perhaps we could do something like this to the Metal Forum logo and put it on the bottom: 22581_hammerfall_no_sacrifice_no_victory.jpg What I mean is make it look as if the logo is made of burning embers. Perhaps we could put a message saying "blazing a path for metal music" on the back.

Re: Metal Shop Suggestions I would be happy to assist with artwork if any is needed. I may not be the greatest artist, but if I take my time on something, I could make it really nice. And I've worked with shirt designs before, so I already have some knowledge of how to make them. o: I also agree with the idea of a flaming horse, but we would need some kind of wicked heavy metal rider on it. Since the forum is metal-based and whatnot. @Iceni: I like your idea for the logo and message, and they should definitely be included if we get to make this shirt. It shouldn't be too hard to make the words look like burning embers. The only problem is that they may look sloppy on the actual shirt, but there are ways to make it turn out clearly.

I would be happy to assist with artwork if any is needed. I may not be the greatest artist, but if I take my time on something, I could make it really nice. And I've worked with shirt designs before, so I already have some knowledge of how to make them. o: I also agree with the idea of a flaming horse, but we would need some kind of wicked heavy metal rider on it. Since the forum is metal-based and whatnot. @Iceni: I like your idea for the logo and message, and they should definitely be included if we get to make this shirt. It shouldn't be too hard to make the words look like burning embers. The only problem is that they may look sloppy on the actual shirt, but there are ways to make it turn out clearly.
Wonderful suggestion. :P I would just like to point out that this thread is, for the moment, purely hypothetical. None of these things are certain. If this does really take off, we can PM our Master of the Metal Universe with these ideas and see whether he's connected to the metal shop. In so doing we could proliferate these ideas and possibly see them in the metal shop. I'm glad to see you have experience with shirt designs; could you maybe verify whether we can print things from the computer, (JPEGs, for instance) onto shirts? If so, I might be able to lend my graphite to the enterprise. (Probably not for the flaming rider, though. I'm not so great at drawing horses or flame.) Again, let me stress that none of this needs to happen unless we get serious about this idea. It'd be a shame to do all of this work and have it flop for lack of motivation/ability/time, etc. I also think it only fair to mention that this will be far more difficult to do when school starts up. So, once we get to ten posts I'll put up more of my ideas. Thank you all very much for your suggestions! :)

I'm glad to see you have experience with shirt designs; could you maybe verify whether we can print things from the computer, (JPEGs, for instance) onto shirts? If so, I might be able to lend my graphite to the enterprise. (Probably not for the flaming rider, though. I'm not so great at drawing horses or flame.)
You cannot print an image directly onto a shirt with a simple printer, but there are several ways to get a design onto a shirt. However, for this particular design, we wouldn't need to get the image onto the shirt ourselves, anyway. If we make the design, we can give that to the Metal Overlord, and he could then put that design onto a shirt in the shop. Then the factory in charge of the shirts will print it off, and it would be much more professional and easier to purchase. If others show their support of this idea, and it becomes serious, let me know and I can begin sketching the design. Unless someone else shows up and wants to make the design. :P

You cannot print an image directly onto a shirt with a simple printer, but there are several ways to get a design onto a shirt. However, for this particular design, we wouldn't need to get the image onto the shirt ourselves, anyway. If we make the design, we can give that to the Metal Overlord, and he could then put that design onto a shirt in the shop. Then the factory in charge of the shirts will print it off, and it would be much more professional and easier to purchase. If others show their support of this idea, and it becomes serious, let me know and I can begin sketching the design. Unless someone else shows up and wants to make the design. :P
Wonderful. I would say that for now, work at your leisure. This isn't a serious commercial enterprise, for the time being, and I am leery of placing burdens on your time. I figure since you're in the US you'll also be starting school soon. Thank you for your swift response. Excellent, we're at 10 posts! I'll have my ideas up in a while.

Wonderful. I would say that for now, work at your leisure. This isn't a serious commercial enterprise, for the time being, and I am leery of placing burdens on your time. I figure since you're in the US you'll also be starting school soon. Thank you for your swift response. Excellent, we're at 10 posts! I'll have my ideas up in a while.
Indeed, I start school next week. But until then, I still have a week to kill. And to be honest, the design we have right now sounds like it would be fun to draw. I like drawing horses and similar hooved animals. :lol: So in that case, I shall begin working on a simple sketch. It will not be detailed or anything, but it shall provide a visual of the idea we have now.

Re: Metal Shop Suggestions All right, here we are. This will be my long post containing the huge load of ideas I have. I've got a mix of humorous and serious ideas here. What I'm aiming for is a good representation of all genres. -Metal Forum sew-on patches might be good for those who wear denim or camo jackets. -Perhaps Metal Forum buttons would suit those who wear backpacks a lot. -Metal forum stickers would be nice. Should you want to put them on your laptop, sketchpad, water bottle and the like, they ought to be useful multi-purpose items. -Metal forum guitar picks could bear the \m/ logo we so often use. -Then there's a wide range of possibilities for Metal Forum bumper stickers. Of course, one could use the standard "Metal Forum: The Global Hub For Metal Music" or "Metal Head" with the \m/ sign. However, we may want something like a parody of the BABY ON BOARD stickers and have something like HEADBANGER ON BOARD or METALHEAD ON BOARD with an icon of someone headbanging. Maybe we could have something like "Are You Deaf Yet?" or "Support Your Local Metalhead" -I personally think Metal Forum bedsheets would be great. It just helps to define the look of a room very well. I personally would love snuggling up in a Metal Forum duvet cover with a Metal Forum pillowcase. Then, of course, there's clothing. These suggestions can apply to t-shirts, longsleeves, hoodies, etc. I'll try to do this by genre. Black metal: Something saying "Kvltist" may work. A shirt with a picture of a demonic skull could work well. In addition, one may want to put 'Black Metal' written in a typical black metal font. Then we could have BDU fatigues saying '666th: Black Ops' with a corpsepainted face as the logo. A shirt saying 'I want YOU for the New World Order' with a picture of a black metaller carrying some or another weapon could work. Death Metal: Again, a BDU would work here: something saying "Death Battalion" as a patch could be cool. The same could be done on a t-shirt, but with a pair of crossed electric guitars. Perhaps we could have something of a metalized zombie crawling out of a grave or a hand punching up out of the dirt doing the \m/ sign. It could say 'From the Grave - Death Metal' or 'Rising From the Depths - Death Metal'. Then there would be the irony of a skeleton playing an electric guitar and that could say 'death metal' as well. An image of a skull attached to a machine or otherwise armored, saying 'Technical Death Metal' would be cool too. Doom: a depiction of the Grim Reaper carrying a guitar like an axe and saying "The Axeman Cometh" could work. Perhaps we can also have a picture of two gates at night leading into an undefined void, saying 'Enter the Gates of Doom'. I'm short of ideas on this one... Folk: Well, pictures that have a guitar emblazoned with given motifs, be they Arab, Viking, Slavic, Celtic, Russian, Chinese or Indian could be great for representing folk metal. Then we could use different folk playing guitars and say 'Celtic Metal Warrior' or 'Arab Metal Muharib' and so on would be great in my opinion. Industrial: a cyborg or a computer face with the inscription 'Metal Machine' could work. A shirt patterned like that industrial steel saying 'Metalized' could be cool. MTS2_Dutchboy_6701_metal-floor.jpg Like this, I mean. Power: the aforementioned ideas have been great, we could use slogans like 'through the flames' or 'join the battle' and depict knights. A Metal Forum coat of arms would still be great. Progressive: naturally these will be harder...perhaps we could have several pages with lyrics and tab, and a message: 'The unexamined life is not worth living', or simply 'Progressive metal'. Maybe we can have something saying 'Even other metalheads think I'm odd'. And finally, for Zyggie: If you're into djent we can have a shirt saying 'Extraordinary Djentleman', 'Established Djentry', or simply 'DJENT' written in the Meshuggah font. OK, that's it for now...

Re: Metal Shop Suggestions I think Iceni is heading for mod status... how proactive you guys are! I am actually on the hunt for some sponsors at the moment. Once we get like 5-10 decent sponsors it would be the next step to bring on some cool merch. Anyone have any friends in the industry?

Re: Metal Shop Suggestions Har. I certainly don't. I'm afraid I don't understand the machinations of business that well. Unlike a lot of the high-performing students in my Speech and Debate district, I'm not an incurable suck-up. I'm also homeschooled so I didn't get scouted out by some college recruiter. Those two conditions mean that I don't have many connections. If we do manage to get these sponsors, then hopefully this thread will be a ready indicator of demand and it won't be as much work trying to figure out what the metalheads want! :P However, I'm pleased to note you like this idea. I did ask around to check whether people wanted this thread, and I got a lot of positive reactions, so it's definitely to their credit that this took off in the first place. On another note, how was Wacken? :) I didn't know many of the bands, so I'm curious.

I think Iceni is heading for mod status... how proactive you guys are! I am actually on the hunt for some sponsors at the moment. Once we get like 5-10 decent sponsors it would be the next step to bring on some cool merch. Anyone have any friends in the industry?
I, sadly, do not. But if we keep spreading the word of the forum and making regular posts, it shouldn't be too hard for us to gather some sponsors! And @Iceni: You have a great list of wonderful ideas, especially that Metal Forum coat of arms. And a Metal Forum duvet cover... I doubt we would be able to sell that, but if we could, that would be amazing. I would certainly buy one, since it's always freezing in Kansas during the Winter. :evil:

Re: Metal Shop Suggestions I had a few new design ideas for a Metal Forum T-Shirts, picture this, First one can be a a Black Knight stood with two flaming chains held by each of his sides, with fire showing between the plates of his armour. Metal Forum could be written across his chest or maybe dripping onto the ground in front of him in liquid metal. The second one i had was to have a figure of hope stood on a shadowed hill at night holding a large shield in front of his body, not showing his face as shadow would be hiding it apart from two glowing blue eyes. The shield could have a large glowing red cross with light shining from it, dispelling the shadow creatures on the lower part of the hill. Metal Forum could be written across the sky in electric blue lightning. What do you guys think?

I had a few new design ideas for a Metal Forum T-Shirts, picture this, First one can be a a Black Knight stood with two flaming chains held by each of his sides, with fire showing between the plates of his armour. Metal Forum could be written across his chest or maybe dripping onto the ground in front of him in liquid metal. The second one i had was to have a figure of hope stood on a shadowed hill at night holding a large shield in front of his body, not showing his face as shadow would be hiding it apart from two glowing blue eyes. The shield could have a large glowing red cross with light shining from it, dispelling the shadow creatures on the lower part of the hill. Metal Forum could be written across the sky in electric blue lightning. What do you guys think?
I think Iron Maiden and HammerFall would be proud. :D These are great ideas for power metal shirts. Actually, if we had a symbol or a mascot (bear with me, if you will) it might help. Disturbed has their shadow beast entity, and so whenever they plaster that thing on a t-shirt everyone knows they're looking at a Disturbed person (rim shot). The same goes for HIM's heartagram or Dream Theater's symbol. That being the case, perhaps we can adopt an armored creature, maybe called the Bread Beast, as our mascot. He can then be depicted on some shirts in a variety of ways to symbolize the kind of metal he supports. He'd have to have a defined from, though, because I wouldn't be surprised if Disturbed sued us for stealing the 'shadowed beast' idea. I'll see what I could do about this. Maybe I can churn out a design.

Re: Metal Shop Suggestions A mascot sounds like a good idea. I was thinking about that possibility, as well. Perhaps we could go create a separate thread for the idea of a mascot, since it would likely be used on more than just shirts and designs? A thread would also make it easier to organize ideas on what it should look like, too. And you have an obsession with bread, don't you? xD