Welcome to Metal Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

916kaden

gaming

1,136 posts in this topic

Great meme but DMC does that too. Speaking of which I killed my first controller today. With a big TV and some clever tinkering with display settings I managed to actually play Devil May Cry 3 today. Sadly I decided to play on Dante Must Die mode.

My all time favorite games are Ace Combat 4, 5, and Zero. I like roller coaster tycoon and grand theft auto, I've played through assassins creed 3, that's pretty fun. Forza 3 is fun. An old game my mom got me into called Chocolatier it's pretty fun, and it gives me all sorts of ideas..... But I really don't play video games much anymore, I listen to music and play my guitar and.... drink beer and work and watch stuff about space and bushcraft on youtube. And a girl from Germany named Trixie, she's interesting to listen to. And somehow this post turned into my fucking life's story. >:3

Oh Civ4 is alot of fun too, I'm not the greatest at it but, I know more about the game than when I first got it when I was like... 10 or something. Ehhhh minecraft..... I don't play it anymore, my computer fucking sucks anyways. And the only fun thing to do on minecraft is play with mods, such as tekkit so yeah, I have better things to do than wait 5 minutes for the next fucking frame.

So I found my PS1 and all my old games in a box which firstly never got unpacked from the last move and secondly wasn't unpacked earlier this year after the second move. Going old school with some Crash Bandicoot and either I've gotten really bad from not playing video games anywhere near as often these days or Crash 1 is fucking hard.

Seriously can I just say FUCK THE HIGH ROAD!

I remember the first Crash game being fairly difficult, so it's probably that coupled with not playing it for a while. I busted out some PS1 games recently too, and then was reminded why I never have time to do so anymore.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

I've never owned a Playstation, the last console I had was a N64. These were good times... but I'm mainly a PC gamer. There have been some games that made me think about getting a console (The Last of Us for example), but I guess I'll just keep sticking to PC.

Most of my PC gaming was done with Diablo and Diablo II. We always had shitty computers when I was growing up, so consoles worked better for me, especially since I could game in my own room instead of the family computer room. My computer would become my best friend not long after that though for being my gateway into metal, I didn't give a shit about computer gaming when I was burning hours and hours every day just researching bands.

My father bought a computer when I was around 5 and there I was introduced to gaming. Most of the games I played together with my sister and we had so much fun with that. One of the first games we played together was Eye of the Beholder II. It's a RPG where you start with your group in a forest and have to find your way to an evil monastery, but my sister and me had absolutely no clue what to do and how to do things at all. We didn't even know how to fight properly and you would always have some wolves running towards you that attacked you. So instead of killing the wolves with our weapons we took every single item from our heroes (including the weapons and armor) and just threw them at the wolves. Eventually it killed them, lol.

I remember having similar confusion with RPGs early on. I loved Mario RPG on SNES, the first one I had ever played, but that one is linear and easy to understand. I remember getting so frustrated when I started playing the tactical RPG Final Fantasy Tactics on PS1, because the second battle is when you take control, and I couldn't ever come close to defeating all of the enemies before my character died. At one point I accidentally hit one of the L & R buttons in the setup for the battle and saw another character, and had no idea that I could place multiple characters onto the battlefield before then. I had similar issues with other games when I was young, but that's the one that always stands out to me as such a stupid little thing that I should have figured out sooner.

12 hours ago, BlutAusNerd said:

I remember the first Crash game being fairly difficult, so it's probably that coupled with not playing it for a while. I busted out some PS1 games recently too, and then was reminded why I never have time to do so anymore.

Yeah I remember it being hard but still fun. I got the hang of it again pretty quickly but it's stopped being fun now. Still haven't beaten The High Road after I think 10 game overs.

I never was any good at those tactical RPGs. FFT, StarCraft etc were too much for me. Actual RPGs though I didn't mind. Skyrim is still among my favourite games ever. Also Shadow Of The Colossus on PS2 super under-rated game. I guess I had a varied gaming taste everything from RPGs to FPS, fighters, racing games, and survival horror.

Speaking of which rummaging through that box I just found my copy of Silent Hill 2...

4 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

Also Shadow Of The Colossus on PS2 super under-rated game.

It is, and the soundtrack is amazing. The last console I bought was a PS3 and I picked up the HD remaster of Shadow of the Colossus on PSN. I wanted to play that game for a long time, but never had a chance to. So I played through it, got to the final Colossus and after several tries, started to get the idea of how to beat it. Then the game froze up and my PS3 turned itself off only to never come back on. The board overheated around the power source and melted. I was more than a little bummed out lol. I still haven't gotten to finish the game; might try it again someday.

I saw recently there will be a full HD remaster for PS4. Might be an opportunity to finally beat the game. That and the Crash remaster make me wish I had a PS4. If they redo Crash Team Racing that'd seal the deal.

Silent Hill 2 I forgot how good this game was. Creepy atmosphere, well executed scares, I hope this gets the flash HD remaster treatment soon too.