I have a retro Sega Genesis that has 80 something games built in, and takes cartridges. I also have a retro Atari with 100 something games built in. That one doesn't take cartridges though, which annoys me because it doesn't have my favorite Atari games, Moon Patrol and Berzerk.

For Yule my fiancée is getting me a system that plays both NES and SNES cartridges, and she's getting me several games for it. I'm getting the 3 Super Mario Bros. games for NES, Gengis Khan, and Super Mario World, 

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a hell of a long time since I've thought seriously about picking up video games again but god damn there's some nostalgic shit out right now. Makes me wonder if I might be able to see well enough to play a Switch if I plug it into my TV. New Smash, new Mario Party, Mario Odyssey, Zelda: Breath Of The Wild, Pokemon Let's Go god it's like all the stuff I loved as a kid but in HD. Throw in the Spyro and Crash remasters for PS4 and it'd be like reliving my childhood.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Bought a N64 with ocarina of time and I beat this game so often but never on original Hardware. Sadly the Z Button is unresponsive so I have to get a replacement pad for future Games.

Currently I am in Shadow Temple, 12/20 Hearts, 48/100 Golden skulltulas, Biggoron Sidequest finished, 4/4 Bottles (=Big Poe Sidequest finished). Still missing the Mask Sidequest and some Item upgrades. Due to a Bug I can't even get all anymore 

@RelentlessOblivion

I highly suggest you pick up a switch then. Every game I have played is so good on that. Pokémon on Switch is more Casual but perfect to re experience. Every franhise does something New. Mario Party is getting better again. It's amazing. Also, Crash is on Switch and Spyro will follow in September. Personally I dont Like crash but man, Re experiencing spyro after Like what, 16 years will be amazing.

26 minutes ago, Necturion said:

Bought a N64 with ocarina of time and I beat this game so often but never on original Hardware. Sadly the Z Button is unresponsive so I have to get a replacement pad for future Games.

Currently I am in Shadow Temple, 12/20 Hearts, 48/100 Golden skulltulas, Biggoron Sidequest finished, 4/4 Bottles (=Big Poe Sidequest finished). Still missing the Mask Sidequest and some Item upgrades. Due to a Bug I can't even get all anymore 

@RelentlessOblivion

I highly suggest you pick up a switch then. Every game I have played is so good on that. Pokémon on Switch is more Casual but perfect to re experience. Every franhise does something New. Mario Party is getting better again. It's amazing. Also, Crash is on Switch and Spyro will follow in September. Personally I dont Like crash but man, Re experiencing spyro after Like what, 16 years will be amazing.

The problem is I have a vision impairment so I don't want to outlay the money for something I may not be able to see, well at this point know I can't see. That's why I gave up gaming in the first place. My sight has just declined to a point where any enjoyment I might get is outweighed by the frustration and strain caused by not seeing well enough.

3 minutes ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

The problem is I have a vision impairment so I don't want to outlay the money for something I may not be able to see, well at this point know I can't see. That's why I gave up gaming in the first place. My sight has just declined to a point where any enjoyment I might get is outweighed by the frustration and strain caused by not seeing well enough.

Ohhh that is really bad. Wish you the best

Recently started playing Gothic 1 again and doing a Let's Play of it. Probably one of the most "Metal" games, or at least a very popular one in my area. If you speak german you can check it out here.

Other than that. Still on my 100% run in TLOZ Ocarina of Time. But actually enjoy Gothic more atm. So this project is on hold.

Also bought Diddy Kong Racing last weekend. Looking forward for many multiplayer hours. Also the only racing game with a story mode from my knowledge.

Played a mini smash bros tournament last night against my brothers and our cousisn (yay for wi-fi) funnily enough I could just about tell what I was doing in the one-on-ones. I've mained Captain Falcon since the original Smash and I wrecked shop. Doesn't beat the old DOA games on the xbox - I used to play ranked matches online and got pretty high up there.

Also because emulators are a thing and I'm a sucker for nostalgia I've started a randomised nuzlocke of pokemon yellow.

36 minutes ago, Athame said:

I've been playing this game for 10 years, and I never got tired of it one single minute. The Remake was a huge disappointment for me for several reasons. Why we don't see great games like these anymore ? I Don't know

re2forum.jpg

re2forum3.jpg

The videos I saw of the remake made it look pretty good.  What's wrong with it?

On 6/25/2019 at 9:48 PM, Balor said:

The videos I saw of the remake made it look pretty good.  What's wrong with it?

This game is overrated. Ask any true Resident Evil 2 fan about their opnions. Remake is missing many iconic scenarios from the original, missing soundtracks in the OST mode, missing enemies, game is short, Capcom said 10 hours for each campaign, another lie I finished the first scenario in 7 hour and the scenario B in 5 hours. There's no difference between the 2 scenarios, scenario B is basically Scenario A with less cutscenes. For a 2019 Triple a game that's an absurd. Also another thing that I hate is too many dark areas in this game. I mean Resident Evil 1 Remake was such a masterpiece, they kept all the scenarios in the original and add some, in RE2 they changed a lot which I totally dislike.

28 minutes ago, Athame said:

This game is overrated. Ask any true Resident Evil 2 fan about their opnions. Remake is missing many iconic scenarios from the original, missing soundtracks in the OST mode, missing enemies, game is short, Capcom said 10 hours for each campaign, another lie I finished the first scenario in 7 hour and the scenario B in 5 hours. There's no difference between the 2 scenarios, scenario B is basically Scenario A with less cutscenes. For a 2019 Triple a game that's an absurd. Also another thing that I hate is too many dark areas in this game. I mean Resident Evil 1 Remake was such a masterpiece, they kept all the scenarios in the original and add some, in RE2 they changed a lot which I totally dislike.

That's depressing. I had high hopes for that after the RE1 remake. Hopefully they get it right with the inevitable RE3 remake because boy will the backlash be extreme if they fuck that one up. Oh and because reasons...staarrrsss

1 hour ago, Athame said:

That does sound pretty terrible.  I thought that it was just a remaster of the original.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I've just gotten done wrecking my cousin with Cap Falcon in Smash Ultimate, seems like these days I can half-manage games where I just push buttons and win but it's not as much fun as back in the day when I was actually good at games like Smash. Man I miss being  a ranked player in the old Dead or Alive 4...

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2019 at 10:43 AM, RelentlessOblivion said:

Just recently I found my old disc case full of all the playstation games I managed to snare up until I turned 14 or so. Fuck me how did I convince my parents to get half this shit? First 3 Resident Evil games, first 2 Silent Hill, Tekken 2 and 3, and that's just to get started.

Same here lol. Resident Evil 2 was my first game, Then RE3. I was really scared of Silent Hill but I did played, but the piano puzzle was really annoying, took me years to figure it out. And Tekken 3 of course, I miss this game so much, I used to lay Capoeira on my friends and they always got angry on me because they said eddy was a broken fighter hahaha...I miss these times

• 2 weeks later...