Tattoos

Shadow

• 1 year later...

Can't remember if I ever replied to this or not, and don't feel like searching through the whole thread to find out, so sorry if this is a repeat. On my upper left arm I have the Crimson Ghost. On my upper right arm I have a Celtic cross, all arms are of equal length so it is pagan/heathen rather than christian, it's black and green, and it has a quarter turn to it so it's an X rather than a +. The turn has no meaning, just thought it would look cool and original. On my left calf I have a gnome.

On 11/16/2017 at 7:42 PM, Parker said:

On my upper right arm I have a Celtic cross, all arms are of equal length so it is pagan/heathen rather than christian, it's black and green, and it has a quarter turn to it so it's an X rather than a +. The turn has no meaning, just thought it would look cool and original.

That doesn't sound like a cross so much as the X-Men symbol.

• 4 weeks later...

I have Black Flag logo on my left bicep, DRI on my thigh, crimson ghost on my foot, storm trooper helmet on my right shoulder, poetry from the ring of power on my right bicep followed by the triforce of courage. I have the corpse bride on my other foot and a stick and poke slice of pizza on my rib cage. Oh and a deathly Hallows symbol on my right forearm.

Additionally I have a scarification piece of the star wars imperial cog on my chest 

1 hour ago, xUpTheIronsx said:

if I ever got anything, it would be the Minor Threat black sheep - my avatar -  on my calf, and possibly the valknut on my wrist...

but I can never justify spending money on a tattoo...

Whatever you do, dont go looking for "cheap" tattoos. You get what you pay for. 

On 11/16/2017 at 12:32 PM, Ninnel said:

Hi, I have small ear tattoo like this one8-Chic-inner-ear-rose-tattoo.jpg
I was afraid to do this kind tattoo, but I had done it and it wasn't so awful 
At first I thought that I will do a tattoo like #9 from here http://inkprofy.com/ear-tattoos/ but than I decided to art a rose :)

Dude that's really cool. Never seen anyone with anything like that.

12 hours ago, Ikard said:

Whatever you do, dont go looking for "cheap" tattoos. You get what you pay for. 

Dude that's really cool. Never seen anyone with anything like that.

Definitely...and that is why  I can't justify the money. For even something as "easy" as the little sheep, I would want it to be super  clean and detailed. Like it was screen printed on. 

and I agree, the rose ear tattoo is really cool...and THAT is something that you would probably see done horribly wrong more often than right most of the time...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have two full black and grey sleeves, one leg sleeve, chest script and couple others. Got one booked for the end of this month, working towards being completely covered. 

favorite one I have is of a woman's face with the lips sewn up, half biomechanical style half realistic. 

• 2 weeks later...

That's a lot of tatts mate. I've thought about getting one. Honestly I wouldn't do it unless the tattoo meant something to me. Sure there are cool designs and whatever I could have done but unless there's personal meaning what's the point.

That being the case I imagine there's only two ways I'd wind up with a tatt. Either I become a parent (not a priority at all) in which case I'd get ink done with the kid's name, or another significant event happens which spurs me to get some ink.

On 2/7/2018 at 11:19 AM, RelentlessOblivion said:

That's a lot of tatts mate. I've thought about getting one. Honestly I wouldn't do it unless the tattoo meant something to me. Sure there are cool designs and whatever I could have done but unless there's personal meaning what's the point.

That being the case I imagine there's only two ways I'd wind up with a tatt. Either I become a parent (not a priority at all) in which case I'd get ink done with the kid's name, or another significant event happens which spurs me to get some ink.

Yeh I get the meaningful tattoo only standpoint, but from a young age I just wanted to be covered in black and grey. Started out with meaningful stuff and have a few meaningful pieces but then it moved onto artwork I liked or self made designs. I am no where near finished and still have about 60% of my body to go. 

I have two full black and grey sleeves, one leg sleeve, chest script and couple others. Got one booked for the end of this month, working towards being completely covered. 
favorite one I have is of a woman's face with the lips sewn up, half biomechanical style half realistic. 

Sounds very cool. It’s interesting the ‘booking in’ for work to be done. When I got my first it was ‘come back in an hour and we’ll do it’ but for the last 10 years at least it’s been ‘ I’ve got a spot open in 3 months’. I’ve been going to the same guy for 20 years so he’ll find me a spot but the popularity of tattoos nowadays is staggering.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm planing of like 3 tattoos. First one is going to be Anubis tattoo somewhere on hand. Then I would like to have a tattoo with scorpion on other hand ( I don't know yet where exactly). And the third one is going to be on hand too, it will most likely be some sort of a text with huge meaning for me. But if not text, then something original. Like, associations with a lots of things in one tattoo. Like, skeleton with leather jacket and bandana on head, holding snake by it's throat lol.

• 2 weeks later...

At 39 years of age I still don't have a tattoo, and it's been about 20 years since I decided I probably won't have one. 

I was walking through a roadside rest stop the other day and I swear that 90% of the people there had significant tattoos. It's bizarre. I was actually pleased that I haven't got anything and felt infinitely more metal than any of them. 

I do admire those with some nice looking tats though, no doubt about it. 

• 4 months later...