Welcome to Metal Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to stalk this  
Stalkers 0
Holy Terror

Demon Hunter Vs. Behemoth

This is a rather interesting comparison to me because of the extreme fundamental differences between the bands. They're obviously both metal, both are pretty heavy, but one is Black Metal and the other is Christian Metal. Thoughts?

Re: Demon Hunter Vs. Behemoth What exactly is being compared? I mean, why is it these two bands specifically? They don't really play the same style of music, so there's not a whole lot to compare that you wouldn't get from simply comparing christian vs. satanic lyrics in general... I do like Demon Hunter, though. One of the few Alt Metal bands I listen to.

Re: Demon Hunter Vs. Behemoth It's like comparing apples and oranges in a way; the real question is who do you like better and why? However, they both play metal, and both use similar instrumental techniques, so they are still worth comparing.

Re: Demon Hunter Vs. Behemoth Behemoth crush the holy water out of Demon Hunter, and then some after smashing them again with Demigod and Zos Kias Cultus.

For once I agree with RtC, Behemoth is much, much better than Demon Hunter. In order for this to be a fair comparison it'd be better to put Behemoth up against, say, Slechtvalk.

Behemoth eat an Indian curry they find in their neighbours bin then go climb a very tall building and shit down on Demon Hunter.

Behemoth may well defecate upon Demon Hunter but given both bands produce little more then sonic excrement the point is moot.
I understand not liking Behemoth, but to objectively label them as 'excrement' is a little harsh, I feel. :lol: I thought The Satanist was a fucking phenomenal piece of work, and it's not even the sort of thing I tend to go for that much.

Well perhaps a little harsh but I've given them more then enough opportunity to make a lasting impression. Behemoth bore me, plain and simple, there's nothing about that which makes me think "hey what was interesting let's see where this goes". I haven't heard The Satanist but really don't expect it to change my opinion. To date there has only been one band who I didn't like, and later changed my mind about, and that was Death Angel.

Well perhaps a little harsh but I've given them more then enough opportunity to make a lasting impression. Behemoth bore me' date=' plain and simple, there's nothing about that which makes me think "hey what was interesting let's see where this goes". I haven't heard The Satanist but really don't expect it to change my opinion. To date there has only been one band who I didn't like, and later changed my mind about, and that was Death Angel.[/quote'] I've never been that moved by Behemoth either, but I think The Satanist is a real game changer. It's been really popular with many who didn't consider themselves Behemoth fans previously, and even people who don't tend to dig extreme metal in general seem to be lapping it up.

Well perhaps a little harsh but I've given them more then enough opportunity to make a lasting impression. Behemoth bore me' date=' plain and simple, there's nothing about that which makes me think "hey what was interesting let's see where this goes". I haven't heard The Satanist but really don't expect it to change my opinion. To date there has only been one band who I didn't like, and later changed my mind about, and that was Death Angel.[/quote'] I'm surprised that even their black metal works don't do anything for you.

I know exactly what Relentless means, Behemoth in general bores me, but I agree with JBaker. The Satanist is a really good album. It's the only one of theirs I've enjoyed, but it's totally worth your time.

On 9-3-2015 at 8:27 AM, isaac_hunt said:

One of the finest extreme metal tracks ever...... 3qz9Daj5fe0

What about Ora Pro Nobis Lucifer? Especially the part from 2:42 \M/